[Today at 09:42:25 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by #UnleashSean
[Today at 09:35:14 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:50:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Close to Home Reports  (Read 69780 times)

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
Re: Close to Home Reports
« Reply #200 on: July 25, 2020, 01:15:18 PM »
First outbreak at my Grandma's senior apartment living facility in the Milwaukee area. Three employees and a handful of residents are sick so far. Here's hoping.

Shout out to the WI legislature for doing everything in their power to get my grandma sick.

Hope your grandmother escapes unscathed. My 99 year old aunt tested positive several times but only had mild symptoms.

Wisconsin voters need to recall this image on election day.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2020, 09:08:59 AM »
Turns out both of my parents are convalescent plasma donors...

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2020, 05:50:19 PM »
Daughter’s best friend lives in MPLS and is experiencing sore throat, dry cough and fatigue, so she’s getting tested. Twenty four years old and in great health, so hopefully if she has it, it isn’t bad.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2020, 06:08:48 PM »
Hope she comes up negative.
Hards, kudos  for your folks to do that.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #204 on: August 09, 2020, 10:40:13 AM »
Hope she comes up negative.
Hards, kudos  for your folks to do that.

Yeah, they regularly donate blood and found out that way.

Which means they were likely infected back when they were on the zombie cruise in March/April

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #205 on: August 09, 2020, 12:37:57 PM »
Gosh I remember that!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #206 on: August 09, 2020, 12:46:02 PM »
Yeah, they regularly donate blood and found out that way.

Which means they were likely infected back when they were on the zombie cruise in March/April

Normally, summer in the midwest seems to fly by...but March/April feels like five years ago.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2020, 01:36:28 PM »
One of my daughters tested positive for COVID today. She works as a social worker at St David’s Hospital on the University of Texas campus. Virtually asymtomatic (runny nose that she thought was allergies, loss of sense of smell) and pretty much unfazed (told me that by the time this thing runs its course that they estimate 75% of health care workers will have had it). One wildcard - she’s pregnant with baby #3 and due in November.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2020, 01:43:38 PM »
One of my daughters tested positive for COVID today. She works as a social worker at St David’s Hospital on the University of Texas campus. Virtually asymtomatic (runny nose that she thought was allergies, loss of sense of smell) and pretty much unfazed (told me that by the time this thing runs its course that they estimate 75% of health care workers will have had it). One wildcard - she’s pregnant with baby #3 and due in November.

Glad she is mostly asymptomatic. Best wishes to her...on a quick recovery and her baby!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2020, 01:54:10 PM »
Here's a tangential report .. an in-law relative was in treatment for mental illness.  Treatment came to a halt in March due to COVID shut-downs.

Fast forward 5 months (and many details) and he's taken his life.   Might have happened anyhow, but COVID didn't help, that's for sure.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #210 on: August 11, 2020, 02:07:02 PM »
Here's a tangential report .. an in-law relative was in treatment for mental illness.  Treatment came to a halt in March due to COVID shut-downs.

Fast forward 5 months (and many details) and he's taken his life.   Might have happened anyhow, but COVID didn't help, that's for sure.

Wow - so sorry to hear that.

If anything, the stress and uncertainty of COVID probably affects people with mental illness as much as or more than people who are better able to deal with 'normal' stressors. It's a shame they couldn't somehow arrange teletherapy visits.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2020, 03:41:59 PM »
It's a shame they couldn't somehow arrange teletherapy visits.

They might have, I dunno.  Didn't pry. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2020, 04:03:23 PM »

I am heartbroken for your family topper.  Make sure you hug everyone today.  Twice.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2020, 04:06:43 PM »
Heartbreaking story topper. 

Lenny here is hoping it stays mild with quick recovery and no lingering impacts. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2020, 04:29:32 PM »

Hoping for the best. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2020, 05:59:37 PM »
Daughter's BFF wasn't able to get a test in Minneapolis (backlog in supplies, reagents, etc), so she drove down to Rochester, got tested at Mayo, and fortunately came back negative.

Happy about the result...but wtf is going on when a symptomatic person still can't get a test in a major city without waiting several days? If we were this disorganized in WWII, the war would have been over before we figured out how to build the first fighter jet and we would all be speaking German or Japanese.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2020, 06:06:28 PM »
The answer to your question is the same as the answer to every question like it for the last 5 months.   Still no plan.

BTW, 10 co-workers have now tested positive.   9 are only mildly symptomatic.  One, the youngest, (27) is still at home but may go to the hospital shortly.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2020, 06:43:09 PM »
Daughter's BFF wasn't able to get a test in Minneapolis (backlog in supplies, reagents, etc), so she drove down to Rochester, got tested at Mayo, and fortunately came back negative.

Happy about the result...but wtf is going on when a symptomatic person still can't get a test in a major city without waiting several days? If we were this disorganized in WWII, the war would have been over before we figured out how to build the first fighter jet and we would all be speaking German or Japanese.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but we have NO national leader. If trump was prez on December 7, he would have called Hirohito to ask if he did it or not.

If our country still exists on Jan. 20, we go back to square one and start over (after we finish crying about the deaths in the wasted year).

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2020, 07:40:38 PM »

Heartbreaking, Topper. I can’t help but wonder how many stories like yours are out there.

On a happier note, my daughter’s doctor thinks she is nearly past this and all will be well. Thanks Gooooo, Frenns and Rico for your good wishes.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #219 on: August 11, 2020, 09:21:34 PM »
I am heartbroken for your family topper.  Make sure you hug everyone today.  Twice.

Yeah .. making it worse .. his car was discovered abandoned which sparked a sizable missing person hunt.   Took a week before a fisherman found him downstream.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #220 on: August 11, 2020, 09:47:56 PM »
If trump was prez on December 7, he would have called Hirohito to ask if he did it or not.

NM
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 10:41:42 PM by Lennys Tap »

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #221 on: August 11, 2020, 10:18:13 PM »
Nm

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #222 on: August 11, 2020, 10:35:41 PM »

Heartbreaking, Topper. I can’t help but wonder how many stories like yours are out there.

On a happier note, my daughter’s doctor thinks she is nearly past this and all will be well. Thanks Gooooo, Frenns and Rico for your good wishes.

Lenny, just seeing this. Glad your daughter is on the mend.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #223 on: August 11, 2020, 10:43:08 PM »
Lenny, just seeing this. Glad your daughter is on the mend.

Thanks - much appreciated.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #224 on: August 12, 2020, 11:55:32 AM »
Thanks - much appreciated.

Best wishes for your daughter, Lenny. She is in our prayers.

(I hadn't see your post, either.)

feedback