[Today at 06:46:43 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:50:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[May 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2022-23 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread  (Read 239581 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: 2022-23 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread
« Reply #900 on: December 17, 2022, 04:17:19 PM »
After struggling with Jackson State, MS State beat Nicholls by 2 today. I’d be fairly surprised if they finished in the top half of the SEC.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #901 on: December 17, 2022, 04:27:21 PM »
UNC/OSU game is nice.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #902 on: December 17, 2022, 04:31:12 PM »
UNC was in there same situation (same score even) with even 1.5 seconds less than MU had against UW and they executed perfectly and scored at the buzzer to send it to OT. I still can’t get over how poorly MU executed that last play against UW. It felt like everyone in the building could intuitively understand what MU should do and yet they were clueless twice.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #903 on: December 17, 2022, 04:36:06 PM »
Why you dogging Kevin Huerter? Hes playing pretty well. Many others from that draft class above Hierter could have been used.  Kevin Knox comes to mind.

I thought of another decent 6’7 white good but limited athleticism shooter.  And hence the Great Plains cause I was saying he’s not even Heurter, yet at least.  And top 8, like the mocks for Dick I saw, you want a star, not a solid but u spectacular player like Heurter, but he was like 20th, so he’s performing to position

Indiana wasn’t competitive in any of the 3 losses, which should not happen to a top-10 level team.  And the win over Carolina was nice, but they aren’t even ranked right now.

That’s fine.  And I don’t think they are incredible, but I don’t think they are some grand disappointment.  They probably won’t be a FF contender but they will be a top 25ish team all year and a top 6 seed.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #904 on: December 17, 2022, 04:39:40 PM »
If North Carolina hangs on to beat #23 Ohio State, Marquette may wind up in the Top 25.

Some will then label Tuesday at Providence a trap for Marquette when in reality this is and was always going to be a tough game to win.  However, good teams find a way to win.  Let's find out what this team really has in them!
VIOLENCE!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #905 on: December 17, 2022, 04:52:48 PM »
If North Carolina hangs on to beat #23 Ohio State, Marquette may wind up in the Top 25.

Some will then label Tuesday at Providence a trap for Marquette when in reality this is and was always going to be a tough game to win.  However, good teams find a way to win.  Let's find out what this team really has in them!

Good result for us if we're talking T-25.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #906 on: December 17, 2022, 05:02:21 PM »
UNC/OSU game is nice.

Fun game. Lots of great shot-making.

I'm still trying to figure out why UNC got to inbound right in front of their bench with 1.2 seconds left. When they called time-out, their guy with the ball was barely at half-court.

UNC was in there same situation (same score even) with even 1.5 seconds less than MU had against UW and they executed perfectly and scored at the buzzer to send it to OT. I still can’t get over how poorly MU executed that last play against UW. It felt like everyone in the building could intuitively understand what MU should do and yet they were clueless twice.

Shaka didn't have a great game, and those final plays were especially piss-poor. It happens. Like when Shaka didn't have his guys foul in a perfect situation against Creighton last season. That's ancient history, and so is the Madison game. No coach is perfect, not even the legends. Get over it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #907 on: December 17, 2022, 05:07:37 PM »
After struggling with Jackson State, MS State beat Nicholls by 2 today. I’d be fairly surprised if they finished in the top half of the SEC.

Interesting you didn't post anything since 11am yesterday, nothing on our win against Creighton, but you did manage to do some research and unveil for Scoop that MS State struggled to beat Nichols State today.

Clearly, the transitive property has value, and ergo, MU isn't very good - especially since the only way we could be good this year would be that Sean Jones was WAY better than anticipated.  Am I right?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #908 on: December 17, 2022, 05:09:28 PM »
Or..... he has a life.   Quit trying to settle scores that only exist in your head.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #909 on: December 17, 2022, 05:12:17 PM »
Interesting you didn't post anything since 11am yesterday, nothing on our win against Creighton, but you did manage to do some research and unveil for Scoop that MS State struggled to beat Nichols State today.

Clearly, the transitive property has value, and ergo, MU isn't very good - especially since the only way we could be good this year would be that Sean Jones was WAY better than anticipated.  Am I right?

I was at work in Columbia, MO yesterday and drove to Wisconsin after to look at wedding venues this weekend. So unfortunately I couldn’t watch the game. I was able to see the MS State score today though. But thank you for keeping tabs on me. Happy to know my family has a Scoop wellness check for me if ever needed.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #910 on: December 17, 2022, 05:15:36 PM »
Or..... he has a life.   Quit trying to settle scores that only exist in your head.

LOL.  Just stating facts Tower.  But nice of you to rush to the aid of one of your fellow Projos.  That's sweet.  Reality is, is that Wades has been a prolific Scooper clocking in with over 15k posts or 2.8 per day, everyday since the year 2007.

I was at work in Columbia, MO yesterday and drove to Wisconsin after to look at wedding venues this weekend. So unfortunately I couldn’t watch the game. I was able to see the MS State score today though. But thank you for keeping tabs on me. Happy to know my family has a Scoop wellness check for me if ever needed.

Congrats on your impending wedding.  Bad timing to schedule a drive to WI during the Big East opener.  I expect more from you as a die hard MU fan.  Then again, since Shaka became coach you've take a real turn for toward king of the MOPE club.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #911 on: December 17, 2022, 05:16:19 PM »
LOL.  Just stating facts Tower.  But nice of you to rush to the aid of one of your fellow Projos.  That's sweet.  Reality is, is that Wades has been a prolific Scooper clocking in with over 15k posts or 2.8 per day, everyday since the year 2007.

Congrats on your impending wedding.  Bad timing to schedule a drive to WI during the Big East opener.  I expect more from you as a die hard MU fan.  Then again, since Shaka became coach you've take a real turn for toward king of the MOPE club.
Yawn.   Again, trying to settle scores that exist only in your head.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #912 on: December 17, 2022, 05:17:37 PM »

And you’re at half that, but you’ve also been unable to post for months at a time due to multiple bannings. So congrats I guess.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #913 on: December 17, 2022, 05:22:16 PM »
Yawn.   Again, trying to settle scores that exist only in your head.

Yawn. 

And you’re at half that, but you’ve also been unable to post for months at a time due to multiple bannings. So congrats I guess.

Yes. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #914 on: December 17, 2022, 05:28:15 PM »
Yawn. 

Yes.

On multiple MU basketball forums, no less! But you’re always the victim.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #915 on: December 17, 2022, 05:34:02 PM »
I personally keep a post time/count tracker on all of you in the event I need to call out your Fanhood.

Hope you're all ready for me to call you out in 2032 for being too hungover to watch Marquette/WVU on New Years day in 2011
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #916 on: December 17, 2022, 06:00:34 PM »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #917 on: December 17, 2022, 06:22:37 PM »
I personally keep a post time/count tracker on all of you in the event I need to call out your Fanhood.

Hope you're all ready for me to call you out in 2032 for being too hungover to watch Marquette/WVU on New Years day in 2011

Goddam tequila.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #918 on: December 17, 2022, 07:11:11 PM »

Good lord, that was a tough one to attend in person.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #919 on: December 17, 2022, 07:18:22 PM »
Gonzaga beat Bama and UCLA  is in a good position to beat Kentucky.  Baylor beating both teams isn't bad for MU. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #920 on: December 18, 2022, 07:41:36 PM »
In battle of Pitinos, son (New Mexico) takes out dad (Iona).

Hookers for everyone!

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #921 on: December 18, 2022, 08:20:55 PM »
Scenes from an Italian Restaurant  ????   8-)

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #922 on: December 18, 2022, 08:58:36 PM »
On multiple MU basketball forums, no less! But you’re always the victim.

No.  Not a victim.   Just an idiot for arguing with posters like you, John Dodds, and the ban-hammer holder here - Rocky - who were adamant Steve Wojo was a fantastic head coach.  Oh, and for believing that Derrick Wilson had no business playing 33 minutes per game as a Senior under Wojo.  That decision was all the proof I needed to know Wojo was an idiot.

Quite frankly, I consider it an honor to have been banned multiple times for belaboring those two points.

Btw, you failed to point out today that Georgia whooped Notre Dame.  Or were you driving back to Columbia and didn't have internet service the whole way between Milwaukee and Columbia?  GTFOH.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #923 on: December 18, 2022, 09:26:25 PM »
No.  Not a victim.   Just an idiot for arguing with posters like you, John Dodds, and the ban-hammer holder here - Rocky - who were adamant Steve Wojo was a fantastic head coach.  Oh, and for believing that Derrick Wilson had no business playing 33 minutes per game as a Senior under Wojo.  That decision was all the proof I needed to know Wojo was an idiot.

Quite frankly, I consider it an honor to have been banned multiple times for belaboring those two points.

Btw, you failed to point out today that Georgia whooped Notre Dame.  Or were you driving back to Columbia and didn't have internet service the whole way between Milwaukee and Columbia?  GTFOH.

The same guy Buzz played 31 MPG as a junior is what convinced you Wojo was an idiot? Interesting.

GTFOH because I didn’t post during my 7 hour drive? Internet access was fine. I don’t know about you but personally I don’t post on MUScoop while I’m driving.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 09:28:35 PM by wadesworld »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #924 on: December 18, 2022, 09:45:15 PM »
These Baylor uniforms are hideous.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.