collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 385610 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #1750 on: March 05, 2021, 02:38:23 PM »
What you have been told about Walgreens is the process many places use.  Mostly because they don't want to cancel appointments.

Your best chance at appointments I have been told is to look them up Monday evenings.

Yes. they find out their weekly allotment on Monday, so Monday night is the best time to get in.

But people should also look at local family owned pharmacies as well. They can google "vaccinations [city]" and a list of places offering should be there. For Racine there were 5 listings, one of which (WalMart) was not offering any vaccines even though they were listed. Two of the other 4 were for local pharmacies. Was able to sign up my mother-in-law on a Friday for a Tuesday dose.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1751 on: March 05, 2021, 02:41:21 PM »
This was not my experience. Walgreens in the Milwaukee area have 50+ appointments available within the next three days. I checked every day for theboast week out of curiosity. There were always more than 10 appointments available.

I am not in a priority group. I called Walgreens last week and said if they have

cancelled appointments and doses were going to go to waste to give me a call. They had multiple cancellations this morning. They called me. I got my first dose of Moderna a few hours ago. They did not ask me for anything beyond an ID, but that may be because they knew I wasn't in a priority group.

I don't believe I skipped the line in this case. I took a dose that was offered to me and did not make an appointment. But there also look to be tons of appointments available so maybe the supply is outpacing the demand.

Glad you got in. getting cancelled doses is certainly not "jumping" the line.

My post was strictly for the Racine area.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1752 on: March 05, 2021, 02:45:32 PM »
Oh hey, still too busy at work?

Super busy.  The economy is good.

Thanks for the Pavlovian response. 

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #1753 on: March 05, 2021, 03:37:42 PM »
What you have been told about Walgreens is the process many places use.  Mostly because they don't want to cancel appointments.

Your best chance at appointments I have been told is to look them up Monday evenings.
I was told at 6am Walgreens posts the openings for 3 days out. That’s the time I was able to get through.

MU11W

• Walk-On
« Reply #1754 on: March 05, 2021, 03:47:38 PM »
Yup Walgreens is 6am - Some days a bit later (closer to 8 or 9am) if they are having any issues w/ the system.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1755 on: March 05, 2021, 04:50:31 PM »
Super busy.  The economy is good.

Thanks for the Pavlovian response.
Right, because when you challenge people to "put up" and you are given a long list of facts in response...that's a "Pavlovian response".

What a chickensh!t.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1756 on: March 05, 2021, 05:35:34 PM »
Right, because when you challenge people to "put up" and you are given a long list of facts in response...that's a "Pavlovian response".

What a chickensh!t.

Snowflake.

Question for you: who's under the bridge in 3 Billy Goats Gruff?

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1757 on: March 05, 2021, 05:36:34 PM »
No side effects six hours after first moderna dose.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1758 on: March 05, 2021, 06:47:06 PM »

What a chickensh!t.

You're wasting your time with people who don't want to have genuine discussion.

These types of people know they'll be embarrassed by actual discussion, so they troll.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1759 on: March 05, 2021, 07:05:59 PM »
I am not in a priority group. I called Walgreens last week and said if they have
cancelled appointments and doses were going to go to waste to give me a call. They had multiple cancellations this morning. They called me. I got my first dose of Moderna a few hours ago. They did not ask me for anything beyond an ID, but that may be because they knew I wasn't in a priority group.

That's really interesting.   I'm curious about your 2nd shot.  Did they schedule it already?  Do you have to have the same cancellation thing happen? 

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1760 on: March 05, 2021, 07:47:22 PM »
If it’s similar to what happens here in Chicago, you can schedule a second dose at Walgreens when you are about three days out from the day it is due. Otherwise the Cook county sites will let you schedule just a second dose but it has to be by phone, and they have started requesting copies of your CDC card showing your first dose. Mariano’s will also let you schedule just a second dose.

Of course this can all change in the next few weeks.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1761 on: March 05, 2021, 07:53:20 PM »
That's really interesting.   I'm curious about your 2nd shot.  Did they schedule it already?  Do you have to have the same cancellation thing happen?

Nothing scheduled but the pharmacist said they would call back in three weeks to get something scheduled for April 1st or 2nd.

If I don't hear back in three weeks I'll give them a call.

The post above mine outlines the fallback option. The Walgreens website saves some slots every day solely for second doses so I should be able to find a pharmacy near me to schedule it if it comes to that.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 07:56:52 PM by BM1090 »

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #1762 on: March 05, 2021, 08:28:59 PM »
I had to schedule my 1st and 2nd shots at the same time for Walgreens.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1763 on: March 05, 2021, 08:46:16 PM »
I hope the pharmacist does call back, but I’ve not heard of that happening.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #1764 on: March 05, 2021, 09:01:12 PM »
Lets sum up:

Ziggy : Put up or shut up.

Everybody immediately puts up.

Ziggy (Much later): You are snow flakes.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1765 on: March 05, 2021, 11:19:56 PM »
Snowflake.

Question for you: who's under the bridge in 3 Billy Goats Gruff?
If you didn't have hypocrisy and cowardice, what would you have?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1766 on: March 06, 2021, 12:17:33 AM »
If you didn't have hypocrisy and cowardice, what would you have?

A big dick.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1767 on: March 06, 2021, 02:23:55 PM »
You're wasting your time with people who don't want to have genuine discussion.

These types of people know they'll be embarrassed by actual discussion, so they troll.
Yup, though in this case, he's pretending to be trolling because he has determined that looking like a troll is less embarrassing looking like the idiot he is and having to admit that his fantasy world of senile Biden is completely false.

Fake trolling is better than admitting reality.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1768 on: March 06, 2021, 02:44:44 PM »
2.9M vaccines given today per the CDC. Good job droolin' Joe.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1769 on: March 06, 2021, 04:38:37 PM »
Joe Biden Botches Democrats’ Names, Asks ‘What Am I Doing Here?’
You asked what he did, you got it, yet still just hurl childish insults. You’re embarrassing yourself. Really.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1770 on: March 06, 2021, 04:42:35 PM »
Biden's just a conduit. Guaranteed he makes no decisions of his own.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #1771 on: March 06, 2021, 04:45:54 PM »
Not to mention one of the most important pieces of legislation in the last 25 years w/o one Know Nothing vote
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 04:49:35 PM by Mutaman »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1772 on: March 06, 2021, 04:55:26 PM »
Biden's just a conduit. Guaranteed he makes no decisions of his own.

Good. I wouldn’t want Biden (or his son) deciding how to handle a pandemic. We saw how that went over the last year, and it wasn’t good. I don’t know why you’d want him making those decisions. Unlike Trump, he’ll get out of the way and let the people who are qualified to make these decisions do their work. And that is a very good thing for this country. You want this country open. You should be thanking your lucky stars for the change in administration.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1773 on: March 06, 2021, 05:02:45 PM »
Good. I wouldn’t want Biden (or his son) deciding how to handle a pandemic. We saw how that went over the last year, and it wasn’t good. I don’t know why you’d want him making those decisions. Unlike Trump, he’ll get out of the way and let the people who are qualified to make these decisions do their work. And that is a very good thing for this country. You want this country open. You should be thanking your lucky stars for the change in administration.

Pretty certain states would be heavily encouraged to be open by now if Trump were in his second term and teachers would be in classrooms, where they belong. Fauci would have been chit-canned and left to write his book, for which he'll profit handsomely, from his hidey hole.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1774 on: March 06, 2021, 05:10:07 PM »

Pretty certain states would be heavily encouraged to be open by now if Trump were in his second term and teachers would be in classrooms, where they belong. Fauci would have been chit-canned and left to write his book, for which he'll profit handsomely, from his hidey hole.

Yup. And people would be dying at higher rates, vaccines rolling out slowly and getting into fewer arms, hospitals filling up, but we’d be open so hooray!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter