Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: "Jump Around" Guy  (Read 15450 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: "Jump Around" Guy
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2013, 10:21:39 AM »
You know when we are winning when Jump Around Guy starts getting crapped on.  

+ infinity!!!

What a great season if this is what we are complaining about!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:23:13 PM by AnotherMU84 »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
Hope the dude doesn't blow a gasket and keel over while imitatin' the Energizer Bunny.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2013, 11:06:43 AM »
Hope the dude doesn't blow a gasket and keel over while imitatin' the Energizer Bunny.

Agrred.  I recommend doing the fake jump by simply bending the knees.  He'll save a lot of breath that way and no one will know.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2013, 11:07:14 AM »
Anyone else think JAG's wife looks like a blonde haired version of the mom in Home Alone?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2013, 11:15:32 AM »
That's Jim Naz's wife right behind him.  Great lady!

Wow. Jim Naz' Wife! It's rare for those of us on the other side of the velvet rope to be so close to greatness!

BTW, who the fock is Jim Naz?

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2013, 11:18:22 AM »

Don't know or care about "Jump Around Guy." My attitude would be different if I were seated behind him, though.

Death on call

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2013, 12:26:51 PM »
Rick Smith is a great man!  I'm glad we have him at all the home games.
The folks that don't like him need to look in the mirror and chill in life if that man bothers you.

He doesn't bother me, or have any kind of lasting negative impact on my life, so I don't think I need to "look in the mirror and chill".

It's much like turning the radio on in the car and hearing Nickelback. It annoys me then I turn it off.

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2013, 12:31:16 PM »
Again get off your high self righteous horse. I have the right to have an opinion. And I do appreciate what he brings to mu

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2013, 12:31:25 PM »
Wow. Jim Naz' Wife! It's rare for those of us on the other side of the velvet rope to be so close to greatness!

BTW, who the fock is Jim Naz?

Associate AD at Marquette that keeps all the facilities working like clockwork.  The person that makes it so Buzz can have team practices and play games, Markus Roeders can have his team train and compete at Valley Fields, the person that during the dark era of MU prior to the Al, had to find ways for the ROTC to train at the MU Gym while also allowing Crean, Deane or whomever also find time for their programs to practice.

The person that was the tournament manager for three of the NCAA tournaments at the Bradley Center and a major reason why the NCAA keeps coming back to Milwaukee because of his expertise and attention to detail...the NCAA loves Jim.

27 years at MU in the Athletic Department.

It was great to hear the speeches yesterday mention so many names that are still around.  That's great to hear.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2013, 12:40:41 PM »
He doesn't bother me, or have any kind of lasting negative impact on my life, so I don't think I need to "look in the mirror and chill".

It's much like turning the radio on in the car and hearing Nickelback. It annoys me then I turn it off.

Funny, early on you said he was annoying.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2013, 12:52:05 PM »
Associate AD at Marquette that keeps all the facilities working like clockwork.  The person that makes it so Buzz can have team practices and play games, Markus Roeders can have his team train and compete at Valley Fields, the person that during the dark era of MU prior to the Al, had to find ways for the ROTC to train at the MU Gym while also allowing Crean, Deane or whomever also find time for their programs to practice.

The person that was the tournament manager for three of the NCAA tournaments at the Bradley Center and a major reason why the NCAA keeps coming back to Milwaukee because of his expertise and attention to detail...the NCAA loves Jim.

27 years at MU in the Athletic Department.

It was great to hear the speeches yesterday mention so many names that are still around.  That's great to hear.

Roger. Gen Schwarzkopf and Gen Horner were asked who was the most important man in Desert Storm and both said Gen Gus Pagonis, the Chief Logistician for the Corps. Logistics dudes don't get the ink that tankers and fliers and grunts get but nothing gets done without them. And a bad logistician is deadlier than the enemy. I was always amazed at how our MX (Maintenance) guys had millions of parts on hand in the most primitive remote fields but that was a function of Logistics. I get why a guy like Naz is worth his weight in gold.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2013, 12:53:32 PM »

MUSF is annoyed by life, man. Some people love being miserable.

Death on call

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2013, 12:55:59 PM »

Yes he annoys me, but doesn't have a lasting impact on me. Again, a lot like Nickelback. I thought that post was pretty clear.

21rooster

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2013, 12:56:32 PM »
Wow, a thread where a couple posters are upset that a booster is TOO passionate about MU? There have been some dumb posts on the board, but this one jumps to the top of my list.  Respect those who have made it and still know how to have fun and not take themselves too seriously.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:58:09 PM by sroirraw »

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2013, 12:57:22 PM »
MUSF is annoyed by life, man. Some people love being miserable.

No, I'm not. I just don't see eye to eye with you on much.

I love life, and have a pretty darn good one.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2013, 01:03:40 PM »
No, I'm not. I just don't see eye to eye with you on much.

I love life, and have a pretty darn good one.

Good for you. Keep it up.

Death on call

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2013, 01:04:06 PM »
Love Jump Around Guy. I always smile whenever they show him on TV when I'm watching with non-alumni. Everyone thinks it's funny and cool that he's there for every home game, is so enthusiastic and gets on TV every time.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2013, 01:07:15 PM »
Wow, a thread where a couple posters are upset that a booster is TOO passionate about MU? There have been some dumb posts on the board, but this one jumps to the top of my list.  Respect those who have made it and still know how to have fun and not take themselves too seriously.

Who's upset with the guy? You guys are setting a lot of straw men on fire here. I'll try to make it simple.

"Jump around guy"
This guy jumps all the time.
I see it and it annoys me.
I stop looking at him and stop thinking about it.

Rick Smith
I don't know him at all.
He is apparently a successful booster that likes to jump around.
I respect his success.
I respect and admire his contributions to MU.
I respect the fact that he likes to jump around, but see above.

Steve Buscemi

• Team Captain
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2013, 01:14:09 PM »
I haven't seen Freeway in years.  Is he still around?

One of my friends gave him my cell #.  Every so often Mr. McCarter leaves me a voicemail, "Wanting to talk hoops."
"I work out twice a day, six days a week and on Sunday I go to church."  -John Dawson

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2013, 01:19:06 PM »
Who's upset with the guy? You guys are setting a lot of straw men on fire here. I'll try to make it simple.

"Jump around guy"

Rick Smith
I don't know him at all.
I respect his succe ss.

Exactly.  

I appreciate his enthusium for mu, I think the jumping has past its time kind of like the wave. I think people are confusing the guy with the act. I am amazed at how many people have their panties in a bunch over this.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2013, 01:23:26 PM »

"Jump around guy"

Rick Smith
I don't know him at all.
I respect his success.

SO both Jump Around Man and Rick Smith annoy you. Have you considered getting help to deal with life's many, many annoyances? Then your "good life" can be even more good!

As Zen teaches us, compassion takes courage. Be brave, my friend.

Death on call

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2013, 01:32:34 PM »
SO both Jump Around Man and Rick Smith annoy you. Have you considered getting help to deal with life's many, many annoyances? Then your "good life" can be even more good!

As Zen teaches us, compassion takes courage. Be brave, my friend.

The original poster should also reflect upon the old adage that, "We hate most in other what we fear most in ourselves."

Are you afraid of jumping? Do you not like attention? Do you feel you don't do enough for Marquette? Are you bad at math and could not be a civil engineer nor successful business owner? Are you incapable of growing a kick ass mustache? Do you have terrible season tickets?

If any of the above are true, you may have found the reasons you dislike the Jump Around Guy. I think this has been a very productive session. But your time is up. Please make your check for therapy payable to: "The Blue and Gold Fund."
We Are Marquette

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2013, 01:35:52 PM »
Exactly.  

I appreciate his enthusium for mu, I think the jumping has past its time kind of like the wave. I think people are confusing the guy with the act. I am amazed at how many people have their panties in a bunch over this.
I don't think people have their 'panties in a bunch."

Didn't your mother teach you if you don't have anything nice to say , don't say it at all.  ;)
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2013, 01:42:07 PM »
Who is Rick Smith? I take he he's an alum who has made some coin and given some to MU.

How did he make his dough?

Death on call