'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: "insiders"  (Read 3280 times)

Harrison

• Team Captain
"insiders"
« on: July 10, 2007, 12:50:06 PM »
The scout board has the following to say...Deja vu...2004 Memorial Day Weekend...Crean had hounded Frasier for 2 yrs...but he blows up at an AAU tourney ...hitting 21 of 26 three pointers in front of Roy Williams...who offers on the spot...Bobby Frasier spurns MU, Stanford to commit to UNC....so Crean went to Plan B...Dominic James, and now you know the rest of the story.

That is categorically incorrect.  James was never ever a Plan B.

$10 a month for re-hashed info from the national experts.  Resold as insider infor from IWB!, that's a joke.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
Re: "insiders"
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 01:03:37 PM »
McNeal was plan B.
But I like to throw handfuls...

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 01:05:50 PM »
McNeal was plan B.

I thought 'the plan' was signing three guards from a pool of five or six that TC was recruiting (matthews, mcneal, james, walton, frasor, and I think one was a kid who landed at Purdue for a bit before moving on).  Take the three best/first u can get and move on.  Interchangeable parts.  McNeal and James committed to MU on July 2, 2005........MU had offered Jerel months earlier - not really a plan B per se
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 01:11:03 PM by NYWarrior »

Chili

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 01:11:36 PM »
McNeal was plan B.

I thought 'the plan' was signing three guards from a pool of five or six that TC was recruiting (matthews, mcneal, james, walton, frasor, and I think one was a kid who landed at Purdue for a bit before moving on).  Take the three best/first u can get and move on.  Interchangeable parts

For the most part. From what I was told was the James was the top for the PG, Frasor for the Combo, and Wes for the big guard. But what you said is basically the same.

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 01:26:31 PM »
Chili is correct....Dodds is clueless...but send him your money and you get all the inside info!!!!!!!!

ozmetal71

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 01:29:33 PM »
That's what I hate about the Scout site....all this silly winking and nodding and elbow rubbing about being insiders and all, and yet, you can gleam the same information here and by going on other sports sites for free.

Also, every third thread there is about stupid Wisconsin.  I hate Madison as much as any Marquette fan, but I don't care about them or want to hear anything about what they are doing.

Chili

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 01:35:35 PM »
Chili is correct....Dodds is clueless...but send him your money and you get all the inside info!!!!!!!!

I subscribe and will continue to do so because there is a lot of good information and conversation regarding recruiting.

Why you gotta hate - just appreciate.

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 01:43:39 PM »
Well said OZ.  I have said it before if you are a huge Brewer fan or Wisconsin badger fan living in the city of Milwaukee.  And want to be made to feel like you will be an insider than that is the site for you.  
Like you said...hints....winks...etc.  All as a ruse that they actually know something.   IWB more contacts than "baush and laumb" simply takes rehashed scout articles and says they are Marquette insider articles.  
 Do I really care about the goings on of everything University of Wisconsin?  I looked at the site yesterday and there was an article with all kinds of posts about a Wisconsin recruit being ineleigible!  oMFG!!!  Who cares?   Then i am thinking well the MU v. UW game is a big game, so I looked into it......The guy is a freaking football recruit and it is the post with the most traffic all day.  
Pretty pathetic...mostly Milwaukee and Wisconsisn stuff and winking and hinting that is borderline queer.  

ozmetal71

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 01:53:40 PM »
Right.  One of the reasons why I prefer this board(one of many), is that it is much more friendly to the non-Wisconsin resident.

I don't care about the Brewers.  I don't want to hear about UW-Armpit, etc. 

Plus, Murf clutters the board there a lot more than here.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 02:18:50 PM »
Alright folks - Dodds and IWB work for their money.  If you don't want to read what they have to say, you don't have to pay -- no need to bash.

This thread is getting locked for that reason...

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
NEW LAW
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 08:28:09 AM »
I'm gonna post a follow up in here.  A thread on Scout was just emailled to me:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=415#S=415&F=2850&T=704358

Of course, Dodds and IWB have fired back about this thread. 

There's a new law at MUScoop:  NO BITCHING ABOUT SCOUT.COM.  If you want to complain, do it over there, see where that gets you.  Do it here, and we're not gonna bat an eyelash about curtailing your freedom of speech.

Driving a wedge between these two forums will not be tolerated.

Dodds and Ganzer do what they do, and many people plop down good money and fully enjoy reading what they have to deliver.  If you don't like it, don't subscribe.