[Today at 11:33:38 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 10:35:30 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo Post Game (Comments on JJJ DNP)  (Read 82625 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Wojo Post Game (Comments on JJJ DNP)
« Reply #275 on: January 21, 2015, 03:43:24 PM »
I am not missing the point, you are not answering my question.   Restricting it to those 4 IS the question, as they are the 4 who so many felt were being held back by Buzz.    Buzz played zone last year far more than in years past in order to get Gardner and Otule on the floor at the same time (a huge mistake in my opinion) as neither could play man on the perimeter.    You cite Juan and Deonte.   Who should they have taken minutes from?   Why?  (FWIW, I thought that Buzz should have started Deonte the second half of the season)   From my perspective, the way the aforementioned sophs who played last year have played defense this year actually proves Buzz's point about them.
IYO, Buzz screwed up last year.    I don't disagree, but my reasons are different.    I think that Blue leaving and Otule returning unbalanced the team.   I think he expected the seniors to lead and they didn't.  I think he got trapped with Mayo.   I think that the freshmen were not what he thought they were going to be.   Which left him with a team that HE had created that was the opposite of his prior teams.   Not athletic on the perimeter, slow, low post oriented.  
It was probably time for him to go.   But, IMO, he is still the best coach at MU since Al.   Who was no saint.
There is no comparison on the amount of zone played last year compared to this year. None. De Nada. Zilch. And that does make quite a bit of difference in playing time and development. And that does not prove Buzz's point about them. The only point Buzz really believed in was his own ass. You believe what you want to and I will believe what I want to. And I sure don't know where you get the "so many felt those were the ones being held back" I am not saying Juan should have taken minutes from somebody, but he sure as hell could have filled in some for the disappearing act known as Jamil. Unfortunately Juan disappears as much. There is no sense trying to make that argument because as I said, there are two different coaches with two different styles/philosophies and different mix of players.

I am glad that you finally admitted that Buzz screwed last year up, but of course you ended with the greatest coach since Al who was no saint. So that makes it all right. I guess that comment means he was a better coach than Al.  But wait...this just in...Buzz was/is even a lesser no saint, as well as a phony. Al sure was no phony.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

tower912

• All American
Re: Wojo Post Game (Comments on JJJ DNP)
« Reply #276 on: January 21, 2015, 05:59:59 PM »
I never said that Buzz was without flaws.   Pay attention.    I said he is the best coach SINCE Al.   And that Al was no saint, either.  Zone is MU's base defense this year.   Buzz went to zone to try to get Otule and Gardner on the floor at the same time.   Of course MU is playing more zone this year.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.