collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Jim Nantz And Bubba Watson  (Read 5530 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Jim Nantz And Bubba Watson
« on: April 13, 2014, 06:42:59 PM »
Does any Sports announcer have a more interesting week than Jim Nantz?  He starts the week doing the Championship game and ends the week in Butler Cabin overseeing the Green Jacket ceremony.  Are their be two more different sporting events and he does them in the same week!

Also Bubba is a great champion and a very likable guy.  Does Golf have its next superstar in him?

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Jim Nantz And Bubba Watson
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 07:14:10 PM »
Bubba's a star. The kid (Jordan Spieth) may be the next superstar.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 07:25:20 PM »
Spieth's girlfriend is hot, so I'm down with that.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 07:33:56 PM »
How fast was the grass growing in Augusta today? Didn't get a chance to watch.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 07:39:23 PM »
Spieth's girlfriend is hot, so I'm down with that.

Which one?   Should be the question for the twenty year old.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 08:11:20 PM »
Spieth has a pretty tremendous track record for a 20 year old. He's going to be good for a very long time. Bubba is having a nice run, but he's already 35 and fairly reliant on the long ball. He might pick up another major or two before he's done, but I think his star is burning its brightest right now.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 07:27:26 AM »
Stopped at the local donut shop on my way to work for my morning bagel, and saw both the NY Daily News and the NY Post referred to him as Blubba Watson on the cover for his crying.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 08:37:02 AM »
Spieth has a pretty tremendous track record for a 20 year old. He's going to be good for a very long time. Bubba is having a nice run, but he's already 35 and fairly reliant on the long ball. He might pick up another major or two before he's done, but I think his star is burning its brightest right now.

This.

Right now is the peak of Watson's career. He's not a regular winner on Tour and he's disliked by just as many people that like him. His divisiveness and weak putter nullifies him from being a true "star" to build a brand around.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 08:55:16 AM »
Disliked?  Really?  Don't see it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 08:59:11 AM »
Earlier in his career, Bubba was rude and petulant on the course when things were going poorly.   It got to the point that his caddied told him he was going to quit unless Bubba cleaned up his act.    For the most part Bubba has, but memories and hurt feelings last a long time.   Congrats to Bubba on the win.   It would have been better for the game if one of the young guns won, but Bubba earned it.   They had the course set up in US Open mode, where birdies were at a premium and roars were rare.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 09:01:34 AM »
 They had the course set up in US Open mode, where birdies were at a premium and roars were rare.   

No one is shooting -8 at the Open this year. 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 09:03:11 AM »
But they might shoot 280, which would be even at the open. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MU B2002

• All American
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 09:20:31 AM »
Earlier in his career, Bubba was rude and petulant on the course when things were going poorly.   It got to the point that his caddied told him he was going to quit unless Bubba cleaned up his act.    For the most part Bubba has, but memories and hurt feelings last a long time.   Congrats to Bubba on the win.   It would have been better for the game if one of the young guns won, but Bubba earned it.   They had the course set up in US Open mode, where birdies were at a premium and roars were rare.   

Less then a year ago, a mid-30s Bubba Watson publicly undressed his caddie. Far from cleaning up his act as a rude and petulant youngster.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 09:23:08 AM »
Less then a year ago, a mid-30s Bubba Watson publicly undressed his caddie. Far from cleaning up his act as a rude and petulant youngster.

Yeah...I remember this...don't recall which tournament but he chewed out his caddie over something.  You could hear it over the cameras and I just remember thinking "what an a$$".  You can put me in the "not a fan" camp for Bubba.  Can't say that I dislike him but i was definitely pulling for Spieth or even Kuchar yesterday.

edit:  found a link:  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1682890-bubba-watson-has-meltdown-and-blames-caddie-for-horrible-shot

« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:25:20 AM by muarmy81 »

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 11:01:44 AM »
It's widely known that Bubba can be a real jerk.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 11:55:49 AM »
Does any Sports announcer have a more interesting week than Jim Nantz?  He starts the week doing the Championship game and ends the week in Butler Cabin overseeing the Green Jacket ceremony.  Are their be two more different sporting events and he does them in the same week!

Also Bubba is a great champion and a very likable guy.  Does Golf have its next superstar in him?
did he bang Holly Sonders?  Now that's a week!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 11:58:03 AM »

Yup.   They both downplayed it later, but it wasn't good.   

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 12:47:14 PM »
Yup.   They both downplayed it later, but it wasn't good.   

Even this week, there were a couple of times he jawed at his caddie after a missed putt.