[Today at 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[Today at 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[Today at 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[Today at 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Georgetown - White Males Need Not Apply  (Read 3325 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Georgetown - White Males Need Not Apply
« on: April 25, 2013, 11:13:32 AM »
http://www.avoiceformen.com/georgetown-university-and-men/georgetown-university-in-a-cover-up/

Georgetown University, a cover-up?

Attention. Critical elements of this story, including the identity of the story’s subject have been redacted and retracted.

Please read here. http://www.avoiceformen.com/a-voice-for-men/avfm-retraction/

At the time I am writing this a scandal is erupting across the internet involving  prestigious Georgetown University and tied to one of their former employees, [redacted], a Georgetown grad student who says she was hired to read and process applications for admissions to the school.

She claims she had a very interesting system for screening applicants. The applications from white males were trashed, regardless of qualifications.

And now it appears that Georgetown University may be trying to cover it up.

The background of this story is pretty disturbing. [redacted], who clearly has issues with sexual and racial bigotry, decided she would not only trash the applications of white males on sight, she also decided to blog about her activities under what she assumed was anonymous conditions. Writing for a web blog called The Feminist Conservative, [redacted] laid out precisely what she was doing in very clear terms:

…I can’t tell you how many applications I saw that were just dripping with white male privelege[sic].  Any of those that I saw basically went straight to the garbage can regardless of how good their qualifactions [sic] were.  If I saw an application from a white male that basically was just good test scores, and activities like chess club or math club or what not then it shows me this person is not interested in a diverse environment.  Obviously he made no effort in integrating with minorities or to sympathize with them and is counting on male privilege to get in.  So that kind of application should get ignored.  In their place I admitted a female student.  This goes double especially for math/science majors.

Apparently the prejudicial screening criteria she employed were not limited to just white males who played chess and were interested in mathematics.  She also targeted a man of Arab descent because of his stand on Israel.

Another time this I had an application for what sounded like an arab male who wanted to study computer science.  On paper he looked good enough, decent above average scores, and such.  But I checked facebook and sure enough on his wall I came came [sic] upon a particularly hateful post about Israel supposedly not having a right to exist.  I promptly trashed the application and sent out a rejection letter.

She followed these statements with another; a bizarrely contradictory explanation for her actions. First, she says:

We can’t boil people down to numbers or statistics, or reject people based on the color of their skin.

But then she follows that statement immediately with this:

I’m happy to say that I approved nearly 90% of all female minority and 80% of all (white female applicants especially if the girls want to study math or science) while rejecting over 50% of  white males this week and hope this trend holds out.

Clearly this is a person not only warped by ideology, but who also holds deep seated prejudices that guided her unscrupulous actions. Her targets were selected by sex, race, political beliefs and perhaps even religion. Her identity was traced after she referenced the subject of her master’s thesis at Georgetown in some of her writing, including the “about” page at the Feminist Conservative.

Here are three of the main documents that led to her being identified.

About Feminist Conservative  http://www.avoiceformen.com/portal/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/About-Feminist-Conservative.pdf

Thesis defense is TODAY! http://www.avoiceformen.com/portal/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Thesis-defense-is-TODAY-feministconservative.pdf

My first week of work — http://www.avoiceformen.com/portal/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/My-first-week-of-work-feministconservative.pdf

It is unknown precisely how many qualified applicants were sabotaged by this woman, and it may be difficult to find out as it now appears almost certain that individuals at Georgetown, perhaps even university officials, are purging their online records of that thesis, and her identity, in order to protect the interest of the school against what will almost certainly result in a massive amount of litigation.

AVFM has obtained copies, a before and after record of Georgetown’s list of master’s theses from 2012. If you had examined their website before this scandal broke, you would have found [redacted]name on the list with a link to her thesis. You can download the previous version of the page

[redacted]

However now, if you go to the page you will find no trace of her name, and naturally no link to her thesis.

[redacted]

We have a copy of that thesis available for download.

[redacted]

There has been much in the news lately, particularly in Canada at the University of Toronto, about the illegal, even violent actions of feminist ideologues in the university setting. Events intended to address issues concerning men and boys have been met with virulent hostility.

It appears that [redacted] plan was even simpler. Just rid the school of males, particularly white ones, to begin with. And as we see this blow up into a full-fledged scandal and embarrassment to Georgetown University, it appears that a person or persons at the school are going to compound those problems with a cover-up.

One would assume that they will be depending on a complete denial from [redacted], who is now reportedly in [redacted].  Without any evidence tying that blog to [redacted] identity, namely the reference to her thesis, it may make it more difficult for plaintiffs to prove their case against the school.

If this proves to have university officials behind it, it would be a very, very bad move.

AVFM will update readers regularly as information becomes available.

ADDENDUM - [redacted]

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Georgetown - White Males Need Not Apply
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 11:15:08 AM »
So... John Thompson slid over to admissions after he got done coaching?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 11:18:16 AM »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 12:02:35 PM »
I'm not going to get upset about something coming from avoiceformen.com, but frankly, this wasn't being done at Georgetown's direction and I don't see anythign that suggests a cover-up.  An employee went rogue, the university (presumably) dealt with the employee, and by that time, there was probably nothing that could be done to rectify her bad behavior ("sorry, we know you're about to graduate from Dayton, but corrected a mistake we made in admissions and we'd like you to enroll next fall").

One employee breaking bad - by itself - is not a scandal, and that's all that appears to be going on here.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 10:44:59 AM »

Why applaud this.  Couldn't you say the same for Buzz?

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 02:28:03 AM »
Why applaud this.  Couldn't you say the same for Buzz?

Hmmmmm?  ?-(

feedback