[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Down Goes IU In A Bad Loss Winless Minn!  (Read 13133 times)

Canadian Dimes

• All American
Re: Down Goes IU In A Bad Loss Winless Minn!
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 10:16:28 AM »
Funny picture...I think that is his pre dick sucking face.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 10:41:18 AM »
the Marquette Vulpecula
or  Marquette Renards

at least I see one now and again. fox river.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 10:44:25 AM by Stone Cold »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2012, 11:26:52 AM »
I was watching the end of the IU game last night and wondered who would end up starting a thread about it.  

Answered.

Also, Golden Eagles is the worst nickname in sports. 

Fooled ya, aina? BTW, IU ain't that good.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 11:32:59 AM »

But they are damn impressive.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 11:59:21 AM »

Indiana has a lot of good shooters. They make their free throws and when they hit their 3s they can be very good. Achilles heel is that they give up a lot of easy baskets against non cupcakes.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2012, 09:44:06 PM »
Bad loss at home for IU losing to Minn (12-5, 0-4) 77 to 74 AT HOME.
(in fairness IU was behind all game and cut it to 1 with 15 seconds)

Next up for IU is AT tOSU Sunday after football.

Two loses this week?

You do realize the NCAA judges a bad loss as an opponent with a 100 or worse RPI, right?

Minnesota is 39.  Indiana has no bad losses

We have been extremely fortunate to not get some on our record, however.  Washington is rated 94th.  Pittsburgh is 97th.  Villanova 109th.  None of these teams did we win by much, in fact could have lost two of them rather easily.  Norfolk State with an expected RPI of 110 we beat because their game winning shot missed by an inch.

We need to get our own house in order.  IU has the same team back from last year plus Zeller, they have done a nice job this season even though they still are delinquent at several positions.  Their next 3 recruiting classes are insanely good and blow ours out of the water.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2012, 09:48:44 PM »
You do realize the NCAA judges a bad loss as an opponent with a 100 or worse RPI, right?

We have been extremely fortunate to not get some on our record, however.  Washington is rated 94th.  Pittsburgh is 97th.  Villanova 109th.  None of these teams did we win by much, in fact could have lost two of them rather easily.  Norfolk State with an expected RPI of 110 we beat because their game winning shot missed by an inch.

We need to get our own house in order.  IU has the same team back from last year plus Zeller, they have done a nice job this season even though they still are delinquent at several positions.  Their next 3 recruiting classes are insanely good and blow ours out of the water.

Is there a reason you seek out threads that might paint IU/Crean in a bad light?  As well, you frequently inject something about Marquette and their deficiences (without ever pointing out positives) in a thread where there was no need to say anything.  You can post what you want, I'm just trying to understand your motivation. You certainly don't run to defend Marquette anywhere that I notice.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2012, 11:27:04 AM »
Is there a reason you seek out threads that might paint IU/Crean in a bad light?  As well, you frequently inject something about Marquette and their deficiences (without ever pointing out positives) in a thread where there was no need to say anything.  You can post what you want, I'm just trying to understand your motivation. You certainly don't run to defend Marquette anywhere that I notice.

The title of the thread was wrong.  It's not a bad loss, not according to Joe Lunardi or the RPI folks.  I made the correction.  It also perplexes me that 4 years later there are still insecure people here starting threads about a former coach, but only when they lose.  I haven't seen the threads started about USC and KO or Saint Louis and Rick Majerus.  Where are those threads?  It seems to me we have plenty of our own issues to correct with our own team then worrying about another one that we don't play, isn't in our conference, isn't a rival of ours in any way.

Is there a reason you have to tell people you are a die hard Bears fan so often?  What's your motivation?

If you read a number of my posts earlier, I predicted MU to be a top 3 team in the league.  With narrow wins against awful Pitt, awful Villanova, choking against G'Town, etc, etc there hasn't been a whole lot to really defend with MU of late.  Has there?   We are going to finish probably in the top 5 of the conference, if not the top 3 but not sure exactly what that means this year with the conference as mediocre as it is.

"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2012, 11:33:06 AM »
The title of the thread was wrong. 
Fair enough.

It also perplexes me that 4 years later there are still insecure people here starting threads about a former coach, but only when they lose.  I haven't seen the threads started about USC and KO or Saint Louis and Rick Majerus.  Where are those threads? 
Very true as well.

Is there a reason you have to tell people you are a die hard Bears fan so often?  What's your motivation?

I do that in football related threads to let people know what viewpoint i'm coming from and that there will likely be a bias in my post. I feel that's fair to acknowledge for other posters for the sake of discussion/debate.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2012, 11:39:57 AM »
TC's departure is still fresh in many memories.

KO left in the early 90s...almost 20 years ago. Yikes!

Majerus still gets love. Was dealt a bad hand and not really given a fair shake. Anyways, most younguns *may* remember him as a commentator. May.
SS Marquette

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2012, 12:03:17 PM »
Funny picture...I think that is his pre dick sucking face.

As a high school basketball coach in Indiana (that is my understanding, feel free to correct me if that is not the case), you can do better than that Dimes.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2012, 12:04:14 PM »
TC's departure is still fresh in many memories.

KO left in the early 90s...almost 20 years ago. Yikes!

Majerus still gets love. Was dealt a bad hand and not really given a fair shake. Anyways, most younguns *may* remember him as a commentator. May.

The threads being started here about TC are by those plenty old enough to remember KO and many remember RM. 

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2012, 05:24:23 PM »

If you read a number of my posts earlier, I predicted MU to be a top 3 team in the league.  With narrow wins against awful Pitt, awful Villanova, choking against G'Town, etc, etc there hasn't been a whole lot to really defend with MU of late.  Has there?   We are going to finish probably in the top 5 of the conference, if not the top 3 but not sure exactly what that means this year with the conference as mediocre as it is.

I don't take any Big East wins for granted, especially when they come against teams that have historically been very good and still have some talent, despite the fact that they are down quite a bit this year.

If the Big East (ranked 2nd in RPI, 3rd in Sagarin) is mediocre, what does that make the other 30 conferences?  They all must be absolutely atrocious!! More likely, you are just trying to make it a point to say the Big East is so down, mediocre...etc so that when/if MU finishes towards the top of the conference you'll be able to discount it with this same type of drivel.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2012, 10:14:48 AM »
I don't take any Big East wins for granted, especially when they come against teams that have historically been very good and still have some talent, despite the fact that they are down quite a bit this year.

If the Big East (ranked 2nd in RPI, 3rd in Sagarin) is mediocre, what does that make the other 30 conferences?  They all must be absolutely atrocious!! More likely, you are just trying to make it a point to say the Big East is so down, mediocre...etc so that when/if MU finishes towards the top of the conference you'll be able to discount it with this same type of drivel.

Dead on, J. Loop consistently constructs "no lose" scenarios for his beloved Hoosiers and "no win" ones for MU.

In his world, MU is indefensible of late. They're chokers. Imagine how he'd feel if we weren't on a 3 game winning streak. Hated Indiana (he's a Purdue fan - LOL) has narrowly escaped lowly Penn State, lost at home to mediocre Minnesota and been annihilated by OSU (35-14 at halftime) in their last 3, yet everything is hunkydory in Hicksville.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2012, 08:09:59 PM »

Is #118 bad?

True, we COULD have a "bad" loss. Simple fact is though, we don't.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2012, 08:57:36 PM »
  Indiana has no bad losses

Norfork St is #71. Nebraska has nobody that would start on Washington, Pitt or Villanova. MU is 5-0 against the 4 teams you mention. IU is 0-1 against Nebraska.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2012, 11:02:54 AM »
Bad loss at home for IU losing to Minn (12-5, 0-4) 77 to 74 AT HOME.
(in fairness IU was behind all game and cut it to 1 with 15 seconds)

Next up for IU is AT tOSU Sunday after football.

Two loses this week?

Still think Minnesota is a bad team?  This is why your comments I know are linked to hatred and bias and not on actually watching basketball.  Minnesota is a pretty good club.  Not great, but more than capable.  They are learning to play with their revised roster and having success now the last few weeks.  4-5 now in the Big 10 and 16-6 overall.   Projected to finish 21-10.  Probably not a NCAA team, but don't count them out just yet.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2012, 11:04:58 AM »
Norfork St is #71. Nebraska has nobody that would start on Washington, Pitt or Villanova. MU is 5-0 against the 4 teams you mention. IU is 0-1 against Nebraska.

IU beat Notre Dame. I guess that means we should steam roll them.  IU beat NC State, a club we haven't been able to beat the last two years.  IU even beat Pitt a few years ago, when we were losing to them.  These sorts of comparisons are dumb because on any given day, any team can win.

Kentucky beat LSU by 24 yesterday at Kentucky LSU.  IU beat Kentucky this year.  We lost to LSU at LSU.  Does that mean IU would crush MU?   But if you wish to lose the logic you are using, no one is going to stop you.

CORRECTION EDIT:  Kentucky won AT LSU. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 01:13:42 PM by Hoopaloop »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2012, 11:06:29 AM »
Still think Minnesota is a bad team?   Minnesota is a pretty good club.    Projected to finish 21-10.  Probably not a NCAA team, but don't count them out just yet.

Huh? Projected to finish 21-10 by who? If they were 21-10 (9-9 conf) they'd almost certainly reach the tourney.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2012, 11:56:18 AM »
IU beat Notre Dame. I guess that means we should steam roll them.  IU beat NC State, a club we haven't been able to beat the last two years.  IU even beat Pitt a few years ago, when we were losing to them.  These sorts of comparisons are dumb because on any given day, any team can win.

Kentucky beat LSU by 24 yesterday at Kentucky.  IU beat Kentucky this year.  We lost to LSU at LSU.  Does that mean IU would crush MU?   But if you wish to lose the logic you are using, no one is going to stop you.
Last year MU had no chance against NC State.  I think the big reason why is because they did not play.  Two years ago, NC State did beat MU.  But, three years ago MU beat NC State.  Not really sure, though, what any of that has to do with IU beating NC State this year.  Odd analogy.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2012, 01:22:36 PM »
Huh? Projected to finish 21-10 by who? If they were 21-10 (9-9 conf) they'd almost certainly reach the tourney.

Ken Pomeroy today has Minnesota finishing at 20-11, not 21-10, error on my part.  That is as of this morning.

They have six winnable games left.  @ Iowa, Nebraska twice, Indiana at home, @ Northwestern, Wisconsin at home.  Would not surprise me to see them win 4 or even five of those games, nor would it surprise me to see them lose 3 of those. 

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2012, 01:26:13 PM »
Last year MU had no chance against NC State.  I think the big reason why is because they did not play.  Two years ago, NC State did beat MU.  But, three years ago MU beat NC State.  Not really sure, though, what any of that has to do with IU beating NC State this year.  Odd analogy.

You are right.  I thought MU lost to NC State at MU last year, it was the year prior.  I think you get the idea I was going with.  Because one team beats another doesn't mean it translates elsewhere as Lennytap was suggesting.  IU beat ND this year, handily.  Does that mean MU will beat ND?   IU beat Kentucky this year who clobbered LSU yesterday.  Since IU beat Kentucky who beat LSU and we lost to LSU, that must mean IU would beat MU.   That is logic that I don't agree with, but it is what he is presenting by using like opponents.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2012, 01:36:04 PM »
You are right.  I thought MU lost to NC State at MU last year, it was the year prior.  I think you get the idea I was going with.  Because one team beats another doesn't mean it translates elsewhere as Lennytap was suggesting.  IU beat ND this year, handily.  Does that mean MU will beat ND?   IU beat Kentucky this year who clobbered LSU yesterday.  Since IU beat Kentucky who beat LSU and we lost to LSU, that must mean IU would beat MU.   That is logic that I don't agree with, but it is what he is presenting by using like opponents.

I get your premise and agree.  When MU won the National Championship, people used that for UWGB.  They were D2, but defeated De Paul at Home.  De Paul beat MU (actually split with MU) that year, so some GB fans used that to to show they could beat the National Champion.

The other comparison people use incorrectly is margin of victory.  Team A beats Team B by 10, Team B beats Team C by 10, so some assume Team A should crush Team C.

Many other fallacies as it applies to sports comparisons.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2012, 03:10:36 PM »
I get your premise and agree.  When MU won the National Championship, people used that for UWGB.  They were D2, but defeated De Paul at Home.  De Paul beat MU (actually split with MU) that year, so some GB fans used that to to show they could beat the National Champion.

The other comparison people use incorrectly is margin of victory.  Team A beats Team B by 10, Team B beats Team C by 10, so some assume Team A should crush Team C.

Many other fallacies as it applies to sports comparisons.
Hoopaloop failed Phil 001.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2012, 05:25:35 PM »
Dead on, J. Loop consistently constructs "no lose" scenarios for his beloved Hoosiers and "no win" ones for MU.

In his world, MU is indefensible of late. They're chokers. Imagine how he'd feel if we weren't on a 3 game winning streak. Hated Indiana (he's a Purdue fan - LOL) has narrowly escaped lowly Penn State, lost at home to mediocre Minnesota and been annihilated by OSU (35-14 at halftime) in their last 3, yet everything is hunkydory in Hicksville.

Wish I had seen this earlier.  Beloved Hoosiers?  Where do you get that from?  How is MU indefensible if I have said here from day one that we could be a top 3 Big East team?  You have a very strange way of reading things or even a basic understanding of what someone is saying.  IU is not beloved at all, but that doesn't mean I have to crawl into my immaturity suit like you are doing and not see they are a good club.  You are right, IU did all those things for which I didn't shed any tears.  Is losing at #2 Ohio State by a lot something surprising?  What is losing at home to Vanderbilt, a non-ranked team?  They've also knocked off Notre Dame, Kentucky, Ohio State, NC State.  I see both sides of the coin, why don't you?  Are you capable of this level of evaluation without your personal ghosts getting in the way?  I don't think you are.  It is obvious from the comments that, Puertoriconightmare, ringout, ptm and others have made that you simply don't have it in you to objective.  I find that immaturity remarkable.

I'm not only a Purdue fan but have an Engineering degree from there.  We're a pretty boring school, a lot of ugly women, but we know our basketball and we certainly are capable of recognizing a team's pluses and minuses.  We use logic and reason, not bias and hatred.

Hoopaloop failed Phil 001.

Received an A in Phil 050.  Also an A in Phil 104.   Engineering students didn't take Phil 001 when I was there, at least not Mechanical Engineering.  Probably because engineers by their very nature are logical and we don't need this remedial course.   ;D   It seems MuMac agrees that the logical fallacy that LennyTap was using was wrong.    Maybe you should tell MuMac that he failed Phil 001.   ?-(
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 06:49:28 PM by Hoopaloop »

feedback