Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Your favorite MU story to never see the light of day  (Read 17052 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Your favorite MU story to never see the light of day
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2016, 08:20:30 AM »
Everybody knows that one, RS, and nobody cares.

+1

She willingly ended one relationship for the sake of another, and it clearly worked out for them.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2016, 08:57:58 AM »
Haven't heard that one.  Wouldn't surprise me.  Fiery competitor.

I saw a picture of Marquette Madness of Wade in (what I would guess was) the dunk contest wearing a #25 jersey, I believe going into his redshirt year (the caption said "Marquette fans were introduced to Dwyane Wade at Marquette Madness in 2000, and I think 00-01 was his redshirt year, with 01-02 his first year playing).  Was anyone there that night?  I've heard stories of there being whispers during his redshirt year that he was the best player on the team by far then, but was it evident that night?

Heck, I went to some of the Midnight Madnesses at the Cell (where the picture was taken), so I may have been there and just don't remember it.  I would've been 11 then and probably wouldn't have realized who Dwyane Wade was/how good he was until at least a year and a few months later.

attended 4-5 MU practices while wade was a redshirt...he kicked the sh!t out of everyone...wasn't even close.  tc used him to exploit the individual weaknesses of players in different game situations.  he was extremely valuable as a practice player.  in controlled half-court sets in practice he was dominant...in games i think you saw even the best take a little time to get used to D1 strength and speed.  those were a fun couple of years.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2016, 11:40:36 AM »
Once saw Vander and Derrick at a house party. This was during a season in which Junior was the starting PG, and a frustrating one at that. I drunkenly told them that Derrick needed to be the starting point guard, because obviously no one could be worse than Junior right? They laughed and shrugged it off.

A few minutes later, VB pulled me aside and said "trust me, you do NOT want him to be the starting point." Then we did a shot of Rumpleminze together and Vander threw up. Or maybe that was me?

This has me laughing so hard.

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2016, 12:19:30 PM »
A former coach hooked up a late 1980's men's basketball recruit with a "professional lady" during his recruiting visit at West Hall. Personally told to me by said former scholarship player
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 02:58:42 PM by Knight Commission »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2016, 01:30:15 PM »
Pics, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2016, 03:58:10 PM »
Being Jarrod Lovette's Spanish tutor was pretty funny.

Also remember that we occasionally had house parties during breaks and usually some of the players would show up.  My buddy had put together his own demo tape, which was sort of a heavy metal / rap sound (like Pantera meets NWA).  When things were winding down and we wanted people to leave we would just throw that on.  I still remember one of the players (David Diggs I think) was talking up some girl when we started blasting the tape and he said "man, what is this sh*t?" and covered his ears as he walked out.  We all bust out laughing.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2016, 04:09:39 PM »
A former coach hooked up a late 1980's men's basketball recruit with a "professional lady" during his recruiting visit at West Hall. Personally told to me by said former scholarship player

Leave it to Dukiet to use hookers and still submarine the program.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MU82

• All American
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2016, 04:34:13 PM »
I was grabbing some late night Real Chili and Novak was in town with some former players for I think Dan Fitzgerald's wedding. It was during the NBA lockout. They played credit card roulette and Novak ended up losing and had to pay for everyone's food. They were giving him a hard time since he was the only one without a job at that moment.

Novak ended up with the last laugh. He has made about a bazillion dollars per minute played, and probably can buy and sell the rest of 'em a bazillion times over.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback