[Today at 10:43:07 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [GoMarquette.com] Statements From Head Coach Buzz Williams, AD Larry Williams  (Read 25420 times)

NCAARules

• Starter
 “As we move forward, we want to make sure we stay focused on the rich history and core values that underpin this very unique program – among the elite in the nation – by continuing to emphasize our mission of remarkable success on the court and the classroom.”

Come on Larry - something can't be very unique. Either it's one-of-a-kind, or it isn't. There are no degrees of uniqueness.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
Re: [Enlund's Blog] Comments from Buzz, Larry Williams
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 07:14:44 PM »
More of that hard hitting, insight driven commentary from our beat reporter. I would have said it was a copy paste job, but that implies this dinosaur knows how to perform those tasks.

dearest friend

• Walk-On
LW states the obvious and doesn't endorse Buzz.  Something tells me (my head) that if this was last year, with A&M and Oklahoma calling, he'd be gone.

These types of releases have quotes not said by the actual people. It's th PR person's words, that Williams and Williams approved. Language is safe but true. Don't waste your time over-analyzing it.

The Process

• All American
The wording of LW's statements always leave me wondering what message he's really trying to send....this is no different.

That said, glad it's over... until next year.

Relax. Respect the Process.

Rubie Q

• Starter
    • Anonymous Eagle
So we can all agree that we're going to ignore it when IWB goes trolling for page views again, right?

Lighthouse 84

• All American
maybe I missed it, but is there any reworking of Buzz's contract? Any bump?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

mugoose

• Team Captain
Where are those smu dab now?????

I'm happy neither MU administrators nor Buzz got their egos in the way here. We have an awesome thing going here...and no one wants to mess it up.

I feel the issues we had with players were isolated incidents, and Buzz is truly a great leader, mentor...warrior!

So pleased that new leadership found that in him, and smoothed over any notions to the contrary.

suck it SMU.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
On the contrary, from the sound of it, it was all about egos.

But yeah, suck it SMU.

MUMac

• All American
So let's go with the comments from SMU that the offer was HUGE.  That MU could not match it.  Throwing Benjamins at Buzz with the thousands of mega billionaires like it was candy at Halloween.  Would make Buzz the highest paid coach.  If all that is true, what does that say about SMU that Buzz turned all that down?

Goose

• All American
Different set of balls were squeezed the last two days. Give 'em Hell Buzz!!

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
Re: Statements from Buzz and Larry
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2012, 07:39:14 PM »
So, all of this has been about nothing THE WHOLE TIME?  Color me STUNNED. SHOCKED.  BLOWN AWAY.

+ infinity.    The panty wadding from this stuff was something to behold.  Starting with Goose and the SMU Badger trolls.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

mugoose

• Team Captain
Many f not most coaches would say eff off to the administrator f they were called out about their leadership

Again, though...suck it SMU

NersEllenson

• All American
So let's go with the comments from SMU that the offer was HUGE.  That MU could not match it.  Throwing Benjamins at Buzz with the thousands of mega billionaires like it was candy at Halloween.  Would make Buzz the highest paid coach.  If all that is true, what does that say about SMU that Buzz turned all that down?

Perhaps it says more about Buzz and his loyalty to his players, and perhaps MU, even though the new administration at MU certainly seems to have complicated the relationship between Buzz and MU.  
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

StillAWarrior

• All American
Different set of balls were squeezed the last two days. Give 'em Hell Buzz!!

Seeing as how you keep repeating this, you apparently think it's funny and/or clever.  I really like Buzz and am glad he's staying, but the last thing I want is a coach that is bigger than the University (or that thinks he is).
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

mugoose

• Team Captain
As long as he wins in a straight up fashion...I do not care

TJ

• All American
Seeing as how you keep repeating this, you apparently think it's funny and/or clever.  I really like Buzz and am glad he's staying, but the last thing I want is a coach that is bigger than the University (or that thinks he is).
+1

JimmyLikesBasketball

• Walk-On
I've been so wired on this story the past 2 days it jumped out to me that LW said "good man, great coach"---why not great both?

Also, I don't typically see Buzz' hometown mentioned in articles too often. Significant?

ANNDDDDDD, I'm now taking my queue that I (and many here) need to find new things to do with our time.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
I do want a coach who's bigger than the university.

BrewCity83

• All American
I've been so wired on this story the past 2 days it jumped out to me that LW said "good man, great coach"---why not great both?

Also, I don't typically see Buzz' hometown mentioned in articles too often. Significant?

ANNDDDDDD, I'm now taking my queue that I (and many here) need to find new things to do with our time.

I'm gonna finish strong tonight and then walk away for a few days.  I have some catching up to do at work tomorrow...
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

hilltopper03

• Scholarship Player
good thing there is a 89 page thread about this

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever

Why?  What you describe, then, is a desire to follow a professional team.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

lab_warrior

• All American
So we can all agree that we're going to ignore it when IWB goes trolling for page views again, right?

Don't forget the super passionate letter from Zach Klupchak, too! THAT GUY SAVED THE DAY!  Clown.

Pakuni

• All American
LW states the obvious and doesn't endorse Buzz.  Something tells me (my head) that if this was last year, with A&M and Oklahoma calling, he'd be gone.

Calls him a good man, great coach and looks forward to working with him for years .... and that's not an endorsement?
Holy cr*p.

At this point, I'm pretty sure LW could offer to pick up Buzz's dry cleaning, drive his kids to school, wash his car and be at his beckon call to deliver sweet tea and chiclets on command, and some of you would be b*tching that he's dissing Buzz and not doing enough to keep him happy.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:05:39 PM by Pakuni »

The Special Brew

• Walk-On

See Paterno and Tressel. More examples but those are the most egregious.

Pakuni

• All American

Surefire way to hear the words "lack of institutional control" coming from the NCAA.