[Today at 10:43:07 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Potential Transfer?  (Read 14337 times)

lab_warrior

• All American
Re: Potential Transfer?
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2011, 01:59:08 PM »
Why was this topic allowed?  Are you kidding?  With what Blue did ... his assaulting the guy over being called "vander orange," he's lucky he gets any support here at all.  It's sickening that people want to root for a thug because he can play basketball.

And he still has the worst shooting form of anyone college basketball.

Quite frankly, the kid SHOULD have gotten punched, if only for the lame insult; basketball player or not. I'm actually proud of Vander for bring the type of kid who doesn't take s*** from anybody.

Also, excellent use of racist dog-whistle terms like "thug".

In summary, thanks for the awesome, INSIGHTFUL fourth post, you pathetic troll.

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2011, 02:03:56 PM »
Why was this topic allowed?  Are you kidding?  With what Blue did ... his assaulting the guy over being called "vander orange," he's lucky he gets any support here at all.  It's sickening that people want to root for a thug because he can play basketball.

Next time, maybe you should come up with a better insult than Vander Orange...

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2011, 02:11:49 PM »
Blue will never play in the NBA. Won't get drafted, won't get a look. He has zero explosiveness, a slight build and is lacking basketball instincts. He could have a fine collegiate career, but at this point he doesn't even warrant honorable mention all Big East. People talking NBA are out of their minds.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2011, 02:21:52 PM »
Chad Ford seems to disagree, and it is his job to evaluate NBA talent.  (Check out ESPN the magazine college bball preview.)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2011, 03:16:17 PM »
Blue will never play in the NBA. Won't get drafted, won't get a look. He has zero explosiveness, a slight build and is lacking basketball instincts. He could have a fine collegiate career, but at this point he doesn't even warrant honorable mention all Big East. People talking NBA are out of their minds.

You might be right...

So. What.

I do not care if he ever plays a minute in the NBA. I care about him being a good college player.

Why do you care about his NBA prospects?

jtrash37

• Starter
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2011, 05:01:50 PM »
You might be right...

So. What.

I do not care if he ever plays a minute in the NBA. I care about him being a good college student/athlete.

Fixed it.  So long as Vander does a fine job representing Marquette University (and defending himself against belligerent drunks counts in my book), I'm content with his hoops performance.

TheGym

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2011, 10:03:08 AM »
Fixed it.  So long as Vander does a fine job representing Marquette University (and defending himself against belligerent drunks counts in my book), I'm content with his hoops performance.

The problem is that he has not done a fine job representing Marquette.  That is why I will never root for him.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2011, 10:07:45 AM »
Quite frankly, the kid SHOULD have gotten punched, if only for the lame insult; basketball player or not. I'm actually proud of Vander for bring the type of kid who doesn't take s*** from anybody.

Also, excellent use of racist dog-whistle terms like "thug".

In summary, thanks for the awesome, INSIGHTFUL fourth post, you pathetic troll.
Quite frankly VB should have minded his own business and not started something in the first place. Then there wouldn't have been an incident to talk about.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2011, 10:15:32 AM »
The problem is that he has not done a fine job representing Marquette.  That is why I will never root for him.

I'm sure you made plenty of stupid mistakes as a 17 and 18 year old.  Not to mention you made those mistakes without the big time glare of a D1 athlete.  Probably in a world without twitter, too.

Never is a long time.  Let's see how he does going forward.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2011, 01:00:51 PM »

And you must be the epitome of Cura Personalis.  Get off the 19-year-old's ass.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2011, 01:01:25 PM »

And you sir are almost certainly out of your mind

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2011, 03:43:08 PM »
Two threads about the same thing is stupid.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2011, 05:52:13 PM »

The problem is TheGym has not done a fine job representing Marquette.  That is why I will never root for him.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2011, 09:48:04 PM »
Quite frankly VB should have minded his own business and not started something in the first place. Then there wouldn't have been an incident to talk about.

And the folks in the Lighthouse always minded their own business? Hmmmmmmmm.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2011, 10:41:45 PM »
And the folks in the Lighthouse always minded their own business? Hmmmmmmmm.
I happen to be the former law partner of the dad of the guy who VB punched so I heard the story from a different angle than most of you may have heard it.  They were minding their business and VB walked in and just because of who he is, he expected certain things from the people at the table.  Someone stood up to him.  Should he have called him Vander Orange?  No.  But Vander should not have started it in the first place.

and yes.  We at the Lighthouse minded our own business.  We were concerned with the $2 buzz and not much else.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2011, 11:21:28 PM »
I happen to be the former law partner of the dad of the guy who VB punched so I heard the story from a different angle than most of you may have heard it.  They were minding their business and VB walked in and just because of who he is, he expected certain things from the people at the table.  Someone stood up to him.  Should he have called him Vander Orange?  No.  But Vander should not have started it in the first place.

and yes.  We at the Lighthouse minded our own business.  We were concerned with the $2 buzz and not much else.

Not surprised. But, careful to say anything negative about vander, he has so much potential.

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2011, 12:00:35 AM »

Go back to your Badger hole.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2011, 06:46:06 AM »

Thanks, Simone.  "My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2011, 06:50:01 AM »

Yes, because kids who do stupid stuff and get in trouble for it are always 100% honest and forthright in their version of events to their parents. 

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2011, 08:27:09 AM »

So, as a lawyer, you always accept a second hand version of one side of a story?  Without any cross examination?  I hope to never have to use your services.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2011, 09:17:23 AM »
I happen to be the former law partner of the dad of the guy who VB punched so I heard the story from a different angle than most of you may have heard it. 

I'm sure you did.

Truth likely lies in between.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2011, 09:26:40 AM »
What seems to be agreed upon is that a bunch of young people, late at night, possibly with alcohol involved, started jawing and it was taken outside, with one eventually charged with a misdemeanor, which has been taken care of.    This is no longer news, if it ever truly was.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2011, 09:27:40 AM »
Not surprised. But, careful to say anything negative about vander, he has so much potential.

Legitimate critiques are certainly valid.

- He's not a good shooter. He might not even be average.
- He's racked up some good assist numbers, but I wouldn't say he has great vision.
- He has impressive numbers against lower level opponents, but hasn't had good games against top level competition.
- Regardless of details the off the court stuff, he has shown some immaturity and certainly could have handled it better.

However, the "drive-by" criticism on this board after he has a bad game seems like some people just don't like him, and they are waiting for a chance to tell everybody about it.

Hell, Jamail Jones doesn't even play, and nobody says a peep. Vander plays a poor game (still had 6 assist btw) and several people can't get to their keyboards fast enough.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2011, 09:29:27 AM »
What seems to be agreed upon is that a bunch of young people, late at night, possibly with alcohol involved, started jawing and it was taken outside, with one eventually charged with a misdemeanor, which has been taken care of.    This is no longer news, if it ever truly was.   

I had seen much worse in my college days.  MUCH worse.  Never made the news because they were not basketball players.  Although, they were students, so I am sure some on this board would be insulted by their actions representing our university. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2011, 09:42:49 AM »
Hell, Jamail Jones doesn't even play, and nobody says a peep. Vander plays a poor game (still had 6 assist btw) and several people can't get to their keyboards fast enough.

One of which was the game-winning assist after he made a steal to provide us with those game-winning points.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that we've gone down this road again, since Vander's the topic, but this story is beyond dead. Especially the Vander Orange bit. Might Blue have been out of line? Possibly, even probably. Was the other student out of line? Again, no matter what he told Lighthouse, the answer is that he probably was. Two immature teens or early-twentysomethings, imagine that. Let it go already.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback