'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Does everyone think MU is going to get screwed tomorrow?  (Read 7090 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: Does everyone think MU is going to get screwed tomorrow?
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2010, 07:12:59 PM »
If we get in the 8/9 slot, I want to be matched up with Kentucky. We have no business beating Kentucky, but you have to realize that matchup is the most common matchup in the NCAA tourney and MU leads holds a winning record against Kentucky. We have played 14 or 15 times in the tourney and MU was probably the higher rated team ionly 2 or 3 times. So we have a history of beating good Kentucky teams. We would problably get killed, but just having the opportunity to take them down again would be great.

You know what... for some crazy reason, I agree with this.  I would love to land the 10-seed in the St Louis regional and meet Kentucky in the first game regional final there.

If we beat UK that first game, I'm going to the top of the Arch to watch the caravan of 1200 pickup trucks leave town.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 09:13:10 PM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2010, 07:40:39 PM »
Kentucky actually scares me more than any team in the whole country in terms of toughest matchup for MU. Not only do they have Cousins, but they have Patterson and Orton to go along with him. They would just eat us alive inside. Oh, and they have Wall and Bledsoe slashing and we would not be able to contain either off the dribble. I would rather play Kansas than Kentucky actually.

romey

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 07:49:27 PM »
Actually, we would be moving down to a 10 or 11, not up.

This always bugs me.  I always say moving up meaning to a lower seed and down to a higher seed.  Kind of like "moving up the Billboard charts".  Down implies regressing. 
Movin' up to number one.

GregClausenForever

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 07:58:57 PM »
If we get in the 8/9 slot, I want to be matched up with Kentucky. We have no business beating Kentucky, but you have to realize that matchup is the most common matchup in the NCAA tourney and MU leads holds a winning record against Kentucky. We have played 14 or 15 times in the tourney and MU was probably the higher rated team ionly 2 or 3 times. So we have a history of beating good Kentucky teams. We would problably get killed, but just having the opportunity to take them down again would be great.

As much as I loved 2003, I do not want to face UK. 

As someone else said before, bring on Duke!  If we get out of the first round and indeed draw an 8/9 seed, Duke is the best possible match-up.  They've been playing extremely well, but the ACC is not nearly the caliber of the Big East this year.

I still wanna avenge that 1994 tourney loss.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2010, 08:09:00 PM »
Just happy, actually, "thrilled" making the tournament this year.  ;D

In other years, particularly 2003, I thought we got srew-ed on the seed. 

I really do believe that the selection committee selects teams through debate/analysis, but once a team is in the tournament, they seed by RPI.  I have not looked at the up-to-date numbers, but a 10 seed would seem about right.

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2010, 08:34:06 PM »
You know what... for some crazy reason, I agree with this.  I would love to land the 10-seed in the St Louis regional and meet Kentucky in the first game there.

If we beat UK that first game, I'm going to the top of the Arch to watch the caravan of 1200 pickup trucks leave town.

What's wrong with owning/driving a pickup truck?

Sincerely,
MU '61
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2010, 08:42:10 PM »
As much as I loved 2003, I do not want to face UK. 

As someone else said before, bring on Duke!  If we get out of the first round and indeed draw an 8/9 seed, Duke is the best possible match-up.  They've been playing extremely well, but the ACC is not nearly the caliber of the Big East this year.

I still wanna avenge that 1994 tourney loss.

Let see, counting all games we 13-8 in Big East games and 0-2 against teams in the ACC. Duke has some size. Yes Kentucky and Kansas are more talented, but you are kidding yourself if you think we will beat Duke.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2010, 09:18:07 PM »
What's wrong with owning/driving a pickup truck?

Sincerely,
MU '61

Nothing at all.  Just a dumbed-down stereotype of the UK folk.  I could have said hillbilly-wagons with rocking chairs on top but only those of us who were born before the Reagan administration would have picked up on that.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2010, 09:30:58 PM »
At this point the season is a success.  We get seeded where we do.  I am not going to worry where we get seeded.  I would rather see the 1 seed worried about getting knocked off by Marquette versus the other way around.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2010, 09:59:42 PM »
Nothing at all.  Just a dumbed-down stereotype of the UK folk.  I could have said hillbilly-wagons with rocking chairs on top but only those of us who were born before the Reagan administration would have picked up on that.

LOL - loved that show (BHB).

Anyway, I think we are overdue for a break in the seeding - I say we get a good one

feedback