collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Seriously?!?! The Marriage Ref?  (Read 1580 times)

jaybilaswho?

• All American
Seriously?!?! The Marriage Ref?
« on: March 01, 2010, 11:41:05 AM »
Did anyone watch the Marriage Ref last night? How long do you think this will last?

It was pathetic. Seriously, heres what I think NBC's thoughts were about this show:

- lets get a host that, at moments, sounds like Jerry Seinfeld.
- lets put Jerry Seinfeld on as Executive Producer... that should surely bring in the viewers
- lets invite celebrities to be funny and comment on a couples weird problems. Many of times their jokes were lame attempts to put a funny spin on what they were criticizing and many of times the audience was left without a punch line. Most of the laughs were because Kelly Ripa said something that she thought would be funny, that turned out not to be, and laughs ensued because no one wanted to leave the pretty girl hanging. Same goes for Jerry who mostly added things like [about the stripper pole in the bedroom]... "then there is just one guy sitting there watching. I mean... (shrugs)." Just because you are Jerry Seinfeld I am not going to laugh at everything thing you say.

IMO, this is a terrible idea for a show and it saddens me the Jerry Seinfeld is ruining his crediblity with his role in this (it may have been his idea... i dont know). It was sad to watch Jerry Seinfeld lose a comedy show down to Alec Baldwin.

if you watched this garbage, what was your reaction?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 03:24:53 PM by jaybilaswho? »
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Seriously?!?! The Marriage Ref?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 02:58:26 PM »
It was awful.  NBC is really reaching for programing to fill the 9 PM hour and if this was any indication they are failing miserably.

Clarence

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 03:03:25 PM »
I laughed, not sure it has any real legs though.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »
 Not only was it awful, but it didn't come to my attention (since I was half paying attention to the closing ceremony because ...inflated Beavers...really?) that NBC didn't really end the closing ceremony, and we missed a large chunk.

Here is a story on NBC slipping in a crap show to attempt to get viewership.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/NBC-awkwardly-and-abruptly-ends-Olympic-coverage?urn=oly,224859
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 03:54:44 PM »
I love Seinfeld but I thought Baldwin was the funniest one of them all.

feedback