[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: cub haters- i have a T-shirt for you that will make you laugh...  (Read 12848 times)

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
cub haters- i have a T-shirt for you that will make you laugh...
« on: February 20, 2010, 07:39:16 AM »
now that spring training is upon us, time to rev up those old rivalry hormones.  well i'm sure the predictions of another cub world series championship are out there, this shirt will put all that in it's proper perspective:

it's cub blue, with the big C on the front-inside the C is a billy goat rear ending a cubby bear with the words "everyone has a bad century   right?

people love these-especially sox fans-they're good, clean fun with a little nastiness to them, but not vulgar.  some cub fans even get a kick out of them

i have all sizes and they are made out of quality cotton/polyester-very little shrinkage and no fading.

$15 per or 2 for $25  order more than 10, i'll work out more discounts

i'll try to get a picture posted here shortly   ;D ;D

scowwarrior

• Scholarship Player
Re: cub haters- i have a T-shirt for you that will make you laugh...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 09:30:15 AM »
Perhaps you should spend your time/money supporting a baseball franchise.  It does, however, sound like a nice piece for you to wear along with your sweat pants when out applying for a real job.  I hope you sell a ton!! Sincerely, Scow.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 10:31:14 AM »
guess what happens when you ASSume scow-i am an 82' grad of biol. and an 86' grad of another grad school.  probably lost more money than you'll ever make.  :-* i posted them for another person who is doing it for a marketing class and his bank account :o   you flubby fans have no sense of humor much less the etiquette of a bus load of fat ladies going to a ricki marten concert ;D      love, wyz       

scowwarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 12:57:05 PM »
I'm impressed with your credentials wyz, and sorry you have lost so much money.  I hope this marketing student isn't relying on you to make him any money for his bank account.  Good Luck.  Regards,  Flubby Fan #1

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 01:05:10 PM »
Hasn't this shirt been around for about 5 years if not more?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 01:19:54 PM »
Hasn't this shirt been around for about 5 years if not more?

Yeah it has.

The irony of the shirt is that it only really works against Cubs fans that are 90+ years old.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 01:33:35 PM »
Why do Brewer and White Sox fans spend so much time thinking about the Cubs? 

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 03:30:37 PM »
I'm impressed with your credentials wyz, and sorry you have lost so much money.  I hope this marketing student isn't relying on you to make him any money for his bank account.  Good Luck.  Regards,  Flubby Fan #1

thanks scowel, for the nice compliments and the condolences-no matter what they say about you...not to worry about student, he's smarter than us and my degree's as you can see weren't in marketing, so i'll stand clear-you betcha.  say hi to the wife and kids for me, always be there for ya-wyz  gy

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 04:10:34 PM »

Because Cubs fans never shut up.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 04:13:06 PM »
I find it quite ironic that people call Cubs fans douches (and yes, there certainly are some), but then go on to buy/wear a stupid ass t-shirt like this.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 04:20:59 PM »
Because Cubs fans never shut up.

If you are referring to the games the Cubs play at Miller Park and Cubs fans come, yes they are going to cheer at the game.  Yes, they are going to cheer for the Cubs rather than the Brewers.  And yes, they are going to think that they are on vacation and drink at the game.  People cheer for their teams and drink beer at baseball games, so I don't know what people get so all up in arms about every year.  There is a big city an hour and a half south and people are going to come the game.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 09:28:25 PM »

because every year the cubs fans predict (another) world series win.  they win 4 games in a row and world series tickets are going on sale.  thats the beauty of this shirt-i've seen some "good sport" cub fans get a kick out of it and even take pictures of it or wear one-what the h... it's all in good fun.  i've seen some funny brewers shirts too.  as far as the fans go-i'd love to see the score down at the cross-bar motel after a cub-brewer series-i think the chi-town wranglers win that numbers game every time-we thank you for your patronage-helps fund the bologna samich buffet, very entertaining for our local talent and keeps our cops out of trouble  ;D

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 10:05:32 PM »
I find it quite ironic that people call Cubs fans douches (and yes, there certainly are some), but then go on to buy/wear a stupid ass t-shirt like this.

As a Brewer's fan, I wouldn't agree more.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 11:29:34 PM »
If you are referring to the games the Cubs play at Miller Park and Cubs fans come, yes they are going to cheer at the game.  Yes, they are going to cheer for the Cubs rather than the Brewers.  And yes, they are going to think that they are on vacation and drink at the game.  People cheer for their teams and drink beer at baseball games, so I don't know what people get so all up in arms about every year.  There is a big city an hour and a half south and people are going to come the game.

Sure. Fine. Are we supposed to be quiet about it?

Remember, it's Cubs fans on our turf.  We're not at a neutral stadium.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 11:40:38 PM »
Sure. Fine. Are we supposed to be quiet about it?

Remember, it's Cubs fans on our turf.  We're not at a neutral stadium.

You should cheer for the Brewers, but it's more of the things that people get mad about like cheering and drinking beer.  That is what you do at baseball games.  You should root for the Brewers whenever you watch the Brewers and Cubs fans should root for the Cubs whenever they watch the Cubs.  It shouldn't matter where you are.  I would never expect you to start rooting for the Cubs or act in a certain way if you came to Wrigley, even though that would be Cubs fans' turf.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 12:17:12 AM »
I love seeing the fans of the Brewers and Cubs argue over who's gonna get the wild card while us Cards fans sit above the fray and simply enjoy watching the class of the NL Central win their 8th division title in 11 years  ;)

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 09:02:23 AM »
I love seeing the fans of the Brewers and Cubs argue over who's gonna get the wild card while us Cards fans sit above the fray and simply enjoy watching the class of the NL Central win their 8th division title in 11 years  ;)

I wish the argument was about baseball rather than why fans go to games and cheer for their team, regardless of whether it is home or away.

Tip of the hate to the Cards though.  Basically have owned the Central this decade.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 09:07:12 AM »

8 division titles in 11 years and only 1 WS title?

I'd stop patting your Cardinals on the back.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 12:21:44 PM »
8 division titles in 11 years and only 1 WS title?

I'd stop patting your Cardinals on the back.

I don't know who you root for, but assuming its anyone else in the NL Central besides the Cincinnati Reds you have very little firepower (even then, what have you done for me since 1990). The Cards have 10 rings, second only to the hated Yanks.

Rings aren't that easy to come by. You can win the division, but you still gotta be better than 7 other playoff teams. The Brewers had their best season in 30 years and went 1-3 in the playoffs. The Cubs haven't won a pennant in over 50 years, and there have been some very very very good Cubs teams in that time. This is why baseball's playoff system is the best in sports. No one sneaks in the WS. The most deserving teams always make it.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 12:26:21 PM »

I don't know who you root for, but assuming its anyone else in the NL Central besides the Cincinnati Reds you have very little firepower (even then, what have you done for me since 1990). The Cards have 10 rings, second only to the hated Yanks.

Rings aren't that easy to come by. You can win the division, but you still gotta be better than 7 other playoff teams. The Brewers had their best season in 30 years and went 1-3 in the playoffs. The Cubs haven't won a pennant in over 50 years, and there have been some very very very good Cubs teams in that time. This is why baseball's playoff system is the best in sports. No one sneaks in the WS. The most deserving teams always make it.

The most deserving team? With the obvious exception of college football, has there ever been a champion or runner-up who you'd deem undeserving?

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 12:35:05 PM »
Deserving was probably the wrong word, because its so subjective. So I'll say the best team. The best team usually survives in playoff systems such as the NBA, NHL and MLB, because of the best of 7 format. (But people will always have doubts as to whether the NBA is fair to its small market teams in its officiating).

The NFL, while exciting, does not have a similar format. You cannot tell me the New York Giants were the best team in the NFL in 2007-2008. They beat the Patriots once, but would they have beat them 4 out of 7 times? I'm not suggesting the NFL switch, but just simply pointing out the limitations in that system. Sure, the Super Bowl is the greatest sporting event on earth, because it is a one-time deal and of the parity in the NFL and the fact that any given season, most of the teams in the NFL have a legit shot to make it. But that doesn't mean its the best system for awarding the best team in the league.

College Basketball is the same way. You cannot tell me that a team like George Mason (or Marquette for that matter) was one of the top 4 teams in the country when they made it to the Final Four. Yet, that's why we love March Madness, because it gives Cinderellas a chance. I'm not saying its a bad system. I enjoy it. Its just not the best at rewarding the best teams.

The baseball playoffs have it down the best, minus the awarding of home field in the WS to the winner of the All-Star game, that should probably go to the team with the best overall record.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:39:35 PM by ReneeRow »

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 12:39:54 PM »
because every year the cubs fans predict (another) world series win. 

As a Cubs fan, I find this a fascinating comment.  Because, as a Cubs fan, I wouldn't predict a Cubs World Series win until they are leading by 7 runs with two outs in the bottom of the ninth of Game 4, when they have won the 1st three games, and a fly ball is about 2" above the center fielder's glove.  Even then I would still use the phrase, "they will probably win".

If a Cubs fan has any more confidence than that, they are either lying, stupid or not really a Cubs fan.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 04:12:03 PM »
ReneeRow -

In regard to your comment about the NY Giants, you could make the same point about the Cardinals in 2006. They weren't the best team in MLB throughout the season. They only won what, 83-84 games. Then they got hot at the right time and won when it mattered most. I believe it was 2007 when Colorado won their last 20ish games and rode that momentum all the way to the pennant. The Rockies were the best team in the NL at that point, but definitely not for the whole season...and all people will remember is that they won the pennant, not that whomever had the best record in the regular season.

Actually, one could argue that MLB results prove to be the least indicative of who the best team was throughout the season.

MLB has had the Wild Card for 15 seasons. Of the 30 teams who have played in the World Series during that time, 9 have been Wild Card teams, with 4 WS Champs being Wild Cards. In other words, over one-quarter of the WS Champions since 1995 have been Wild Card teams.

The NFL, in a one-and-done playoff system, implemented the Wild Card in 1970 (40 seasons). Since then, only 5 Wild Card teams have won the Super Bowl, or 12.5%, less than half the regularity of MLB.

Granted, this is not an exact apples to apples comparison given that there are more WCs in NFL, along with more division winners, not to mention MLB's small sample size, but it's still relatively close.

The NBA is an even tougher comparison when considering its playoff format but it is worth noting that, in 63 NBA seasons, the team with the best regular season record has won the Championship 31 times and made it to the Finals 39 times.

Personally, I like one-and-done formats the best. I've always thought that if teams truly are as good as their talent/record, they will be able to prove it in a do-or-die game...even if they weren't the best team in the regular season.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2010, 01:27:06 PM »

Vic,

didn't you marry some younger babe who screwed your Family and MU out of their inheritance?

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2010, 12:41:40 PM »
As a Cubs fan, I find this a fascinating comment.  Because, as a Cubs fan, I wouldn't predict a Cubs World Series win until they are leading by 7 runs with two outs in the bottom of the ninth of Game 4, when they have won the 1st three games, and a fly ball is about 2" above the center fielder's glove.  Even then I would still use the phrase, "they will probably win".

If a Cubs fan has any more confidence than that, they are either lying, stupid or not really a Cubs fan.
that is precious and incredibly honest-hey i was a cubs fan until the brewers switched to the national league, so i feel your pain... a little, but 5 stars to you!!! that was great !!!

McMARQthy

• Walk-On
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2010, 01:19:06 PM »
Die hard White Sox fan here.  I'm sick of this Cubs-Sox BS.  We play in different leagues.  Sure we are from the same city so granted the cross-town series carries a far greater weight than other inter-league series.  During those two weekends I have no problem with animosity towards the other team.  And I expect it from the Cubs fan too.  But the constant bickering between the two the other 50 weeks of the year is so played out and annoying I can barely stand it.  The are Cubs "fans" who are d-bags and Sox "fans" who are d-bags.  I won't even truly call them fans here because they seem care more about hating the other side of the city more than supporting their own.  That's not a true fan.  Fans are not people who spend more time hating and bickering about another team, they cheer for their own team.  I would have no problem with the Cubs winning a WS, as long as they are not playing the Sox for it.

Sorry.  :gets down off soap-box:

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2010, 01:28:12 PM »
Die hard White Sox fan here.  I'm sick of this Cubs-Sox BS.  We play in different leagues.  Sure we are from the same city so granted the cross-town series carries a far greater weight than other inter-league series.  During those two weekends I have no problem with animosity towards the other team.  And I expect it from the Cubs fan too.  But the constant bickering between the two the other 50 weeks of the year is so played out and annoying I can barely stand it.  The are Cubs "fans" who are d-bags and Sox "fans" who are d-bags.  I won't even truly call them fans here because they seem care more about hating the other side of the city more than supporting their own.  That's not a true fan.  Fans are not people who spend more time hating and bickering about another team, they cheer for their own team.  I would have no problem with the Cubs winning a WS, as long as they are not playing the Sox for it.

Sorry.  :gets down off soap-box:

Couldn't agree more.  We are lucky to have an AL and NL team so that every team comes to town.  I think the majority of baseball fans are like you, but the people who make obnoxious t-shirts make the rest of the fans look bad.  Most people just want to cheer for their team at the game and have a few beers and hot dog.  Sometimes many beers, and sometimes cheer loudly.