'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: That dunk was sick  (Read 8746 times)

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
Re: That dunk was sick
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 09:04:36 PM »
I *love* the irony of the previous post when factoring in his screen name. Classic.
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 10:44:13 PM »
Damn a page and a half of bitching, and i guess no one is going to post the video...

So I will

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_vdbcdDLUY

It was a nice dunk.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2009, 04:44:43 PM »
I guess ya'll aren't going to understand... Unless that dunk was the last second game winner, WHO CARES! It was another 2 POINT BASKET and they still lost by 1. Not impressed.
And attention and recognition comes with winning. Lazar can get all the dunks he wants, but if we don't finish in the top half of the conference or better, who gives a sh*t.
O and if they are out there playing for NBA scouts, Buzz has some issues...
This kind of comment comes as no surprise from someone who uses a Mike Dean reference in their screen name.  I'll bet you loved Mike Deane ball, right?  Not sure any of his players ever finished above the rim, or for that matter ever made an NCAA tourney.  Your comments make you sound like a hater - the dude who always wanted to be able to dunk, yet never could.  As someone who could dunk, let me tell you it is a great feeling, and if you ever get the chance to throw down in a game - it is exhilirating.  You know why, because 95% of fans, and 100% of your teammates go ape sh$t crazy, over something you just did..that inspires both you, your team, and most fans.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

mikeDEANmeminger

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2009, 05:46:05 PM »
Actually, for all of you smart a$$es trying to prove me wrong, the dunk was actually worth two points. The free throw he shot was worth 1 point. That is a total of 3. The shot in contention here was a two point shot and worth nothing more. I understand the concept of a 3 point play.

And no, Tim Maymon, guys shouldn't be playing their college ball for the NBA. They should be playing to win a conference title and get to the Final 4. If they are playing for themselves and their NBA career, they should just pull a Brandon Jennings and don't even mess around with college.

90% of you are just crazy a$$ fans who know little about the game and get WOWed by an average to nice dunk. "The momentum" factor....BULL*H*T!! That play happened with 8:27 left in the first half!!! Momentum is like a bucket full of water with a hole in the bottom...it quickly leaks away until it is gone. The "momentum" gained from that play lasted for maybe 1 minute tops...and sure as he!! didn't carry over into the 2nd half. Just relax people.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 05:55:08 PM by mikeDEANmeminger »

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 06:09:21 PM »
And no, Tim Maymon, guys shouldn't be playing their college ball for the NBA. They should be playing to win a conference title and get to the Final 4. If they are playing for themselves and their NBA career, they should just pull a Brandon Jennings and don't even mess around with college.

How dare you challenge The Tim! He had JMay playing for UCF who will going to the Final Four. 

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2010, 10:44:01 AM »
How dare you challenge The Tim! He had JMay playing for UCF who will going to the Final Four. 

Hilarious!  Well played.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2010, 10:48:19 AM »

90% of you are just crazy a$$ fans who know little about the game and get WOWed by an average to nice dunk. "The momentum" factor....BULL*H*T!! That play happened with 8:27 left in the first half!!! Momentum is like a bucket full of water with a hole in the bottom...it quickly leaks away until it is gone. The "momentum" gained from that play lasted for maybe 1 minute tops...and sure as he!! didn't carry over into the 2nd half. Just relax people.

I sure hope I never have to sit next to you at an MU game.  You are probably too cool, to get out of your seat and be enthusiastic over great plays, and would probably get annoyed with fans like myself or many of the others on this board - who think plays like Hayward's dunk deserve some credit, and warrant getting out of your seat and sharing in the enthusiasm of the moment.But to respect your instruction that us people need to "just relax," I'll make an attempt in the future to not enjoy myself and great plays at MU basketball games.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 10:54:50 AM by Ners »

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2010, 02:14:05 PM »
Actually, for all of you smart a$$es trying to prove me wrong...

I'm certainly not trying to prove you wrong, but I think you've got admit two things:

1) Not everyone shares your contempt for this particular play. I've only seen Lazar dunk a few times, so to see him take off from where he did was pretty neat. It obviously fired him up, and for all he's given to the team (and me as a fan over the years), I'm happy to let him have that moment.

2) A shot is not only worth the direct point value it correlates to. You admit to the momentum part, but that's just a small component. That dunk started with a steal. You don't think the entire chain of events -- a steal, followed by a above average dunk, followed by a free throw extending Marquette's lead -- rattled the ball handler at all or quieted the crowd?
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2010, 03:59:52 PM »
Actually, for all of you smart a$$es trying to prove me wrong, the dunk was actually worth two points. The free throw he shot was worth 1 point. That is a total of 3. The shot in contention here was a two point shot and worth nothing more. I understand the concept of a 3 point play.

This guy is clearly a douche bag.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2010, 08:46:31 PM »
90% of you are just crazy a$$ fans who know little about the game and get WOWed by an average to nice dunk

Debbie downer, your point of view is coming off as someone who didn't attend MU.

There is nothing like the high of watching someone who attends the same university as you did play their rear ends off and finally
get noticed because he is no longer under the shadow of the Big 3, Lazar got credit where credit was due on top plays.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2010, 10:04:03 PM »
I'm gonna be honest, I thought the Lazar dunk was huge.  When's the last time you saw him make a play like that end to end.  I was up and clapping.  MikeDeanMeminger blah blah blah is just trying to get a rise out myself and the rest of us.  I'm really proud of how well the team played against WV and hope they bring those skills against 'Nova.  Go MU.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2010, 02:53:12 AM »
Validation is simple. Of all the plays in all the sports in all the world that day, ESPN thougt this was one of the 10 best. These guys know the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat so who are we to question?

Mike Deane needs a time out

feedback