Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: An open letter to Tim Maymon  (Read 9304 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
An open letter to Tim Maymon
« on: December 17, 2009, 05:32:32 PM »
Dear Mr. Maymon,

Over the last week, you have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are who everyone thought you were.  Just in case you've missed all of the media, pundits, and casual commentator's opinions, I'll rehash the perception of you.  You are an overbearing parent who is ruining his son's life.  The aura that you put out is that of a pageant parent.  You may think you are doing, "What is best for Jeronne", but most outside observers can see through your little farce. 

Lets be honest, this whole situation is about you.  You run the Jeronne Maymon show.  You always have.  You won't let your son out into the world to experience life, where he can truly grow to become a man.  As his father, you always have been there to coddle and baby him when the going gets tough.   

You need to realize that Jeronne was at Marquette University as a STUDENT first, and as a basketball player second.  Make no mistake, Jeronne is a good player with a lot of potential.  Despite what you may think, he is not an NBA player in the next year.  I could go on for a page about his shortcomings as a player, but it really is not pertinent to the intent of this letter.  Perhaps, with a lot of hard work, and your absence Jeronne will someday realize his talent and make an NBA team.  Unfortunately for Jeronne, he will never know what it is like to have to work hard, take ownership of his shortcomings, and then grow from his own mistakes... thanks to you.

Based on your well documented history, you have always taken the easy way out.  The quick buck.  And from most people's points of view, this situation is no different.  I'm sorry to inform you that your son is not a meal ticket, and there will be no easy road to the NBA for Jeronne.

The Marquette community is sad to lose a student and a player in Jeronne, but we are most certainly happy to be rid of you. 

Regards,
A disappointed Marquette fan

MUCrew

• All American
Re: An open letter to Tim Maymon
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 05:35:55 PM »
Wow...honestly couldn't have said it better myself. 

nyg

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 05:40:33 PM »
Email it to the Madison newspaper.  Nice job.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 05:43:17 PM »
HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!!

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 05:53:53 PM »
My sentiments exactly.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 05:56:32 PM »
Who is Tim Maymon?  The name doesn't sound familiar to me.

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 06:10:04 PM »
Who is Tim Maymon?  The name doesn't sound familiar to me.

I hear he's a politician from Madison who's full of a lot of BS.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 07:04:31 PM »
Very well done.

All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 07:15:38 PM »
Email it to the Madison newspaper.  Nice job.

not a bad idea actually...great letter.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 09:59:15 PM »
tim maymon's a man about town
he really does get around
he thinks he's the dean
of the basketball dream
but he's more like bozo the clown

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 08:10:50 AM »
online submitted to both JS and WSJ, though I never intended to when I first wrote this.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 08:16:22 AM »
online submitted to both JS and WSJ, though I never intended to when I first wrote this.

I'd be impressed if it got into the Wall Street Journal.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 09:16:15 AM »
I'd probably poop my pants, since WSJ = Wisconsin State Journal... well at least in this case. :)

Hards Alumni

• All American

reinko

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 07:36:53 PM »
Way to go Bryan!  :)

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 08:59:56 PM »
well done!

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 08:50:17 AM »
Great letter. The only thing I disagree with is being a student first. Ideally, yes. But let's be honest with ourselves, we judge a a players academics by if he's eligible rather than real success it the classroom. Not saying we don't have players that succeed in the classroom, just saying for most it is second to basketball. (sorry if this is wrong, I don't remember him coming back for his degree) Would it bother anyone that Wade never got his degree. Why was J-May here? To play basketball first. I find nothing wrong with that as long as he still puts in the time for school, passes, and grows as a person.

muball

• Starter
Wrong Idea My Friend
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 09:04:06 AM »
Many may disagree but the letter is OUT OF PLACE. If Jmay was not on the bball team there would be no letter etc etc etc. Since he is on the team it turns into a public issue. This is between MU and the Maymons. Even more so the Maymon family to figure things out. Lets show some respect and mind our own business. Seems that Buzz and the team can move on why can't some fans. I miss JMay like others and would welcome him back if the team felt it was the right thing to do. Have a happy New Year all and lets show some class.

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Wrong Idea My Friend
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 09:48:02 AM »
Many may disagree but the letter is OUT OF PLACE. If Jmay was not on the bball team there would be no letter etc etc etc. Since he is on the team it turns into a public issue. This is between MU and the Maymons. Even more so the Maymon family to figure things out. Lets show some respect and mind our own business. Seems that Buzz and the team can move on why can't some fans. I miss JMay like others and would welcome him back if the team felt it was the right thing to do. Have a happy New Year all and lets show some class.

Get a clue.  The kid and his family abandoned their commitment after all MU did for him.  By being on the basketball team, and calling press releases Tim Maymon made this a public issue.  Who are you, Tim?  A family member?  A friend?

If you actually looked at the date I submitted this to the paper, you'd realize that this was almost two weeks ago. 

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Wrong Idea My Friend
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 11:49:58 AM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muball

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2009, 03:15:52 PM »
Wake up I am an MU PERSON for many years. have dealt with personnel issues in business etc. Your just way off base and should keep your thoughts to yourself. Sorry for responding that your off base but it is what it is. Mind your own business.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 03:22:53 PM »
Wake up I am an MU PERSON for many years. have dealt with personnel issues in business etc. Your just way off base and should keep your thoughts to yourself. Sorry for responding that your off base but it is what it is. Mind your own business.

"your just way off base"???  With that grammar, hopefully, you're only an MU PERSON and not an MU GRAD!
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 03:58:58 PM »
"your just way off base"???  With that grammar, hopefully, you're only an MU PERSON and not an MU GRAD!

I believe it's more  a spelling or usage error than it is grammatical.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2009, 04:25:06 PM »

Don't worry MUball, when Hards starts calling you a douche then you're really on his list. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2009, 04:34:37 PM »

Mind my own business?  Please.  This is an internet forum and it exists specifically to mind other people's business.  If you don't like the article, that's fine.  Personally, I don't care.  I'm making nothing from it, but it is my opinion.  If you don't like my opinion, I don't know what to tell you... ignore it?