Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Giveaways at home games...  (Read 5578 times)

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
Re: Giveaways at home games...
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2008, 01:16:34 PM »
i'm definitely offering an 8th grade kid money to grab me a jersey

ZiggysFryBaby (age 13 months) is willing to negoitate a price for the jersey.   8-)

How about this deal for the jersey: I promise to think about letting ZiggysFryBaby go on one (1) date with SpiralBaby in the somewhat distant future and to give five (5) minutes to ZiggysFryBaby to allow him to try and argue convincingly in favor of the date if he so chooses.  I'll even be nice and recommend some factors that would make the argument more favorable for him: 1.) how far in the future this date is to happen (the farther the better), 2.) whether ZiggysFryBaby a graduate of Marquette University and can successfully pass a TBD quiz about MU basketball containing no fewer than twenty (20) and no more than thirty million (30,000,000) questions.

There.. I think that is fair.. deal?

this sounds a lot like pimping

more like arranged marriage .... come on, there's a dowry and everything! ;)  it's better than pulling a Rumpelstiltskin, at any rate!

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2008, 01:20:21 PM »
So I got to the game a little on the early side last night (about 45 minutes) and so my surprise... the Marquette run table on the 200 level my the escalators were giving away Marquette Plastic Cups!!!!!

I wonder if they have someone who is a scooper working for them

they had them @ the ND game too... i grabbed one last night :)  can't ever have enough plastic cups!

but really, many of the good promos go to the ... *gasp* less well attended sporting events!! go figure!!

though it is still satisfying to collect @ the BC.... someday i will get a paratrooper shirt!!! or a rubberducky basketball!

here's my brilliant idea:  MU Bball blanket giveaway-- perfect for sitting in that cold lower bowl or for crazy students camping outside waiting for the BC to open!

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2008, 01:34:08 PM »
I like the ring.  I mean would you rather have a Mike Kinsella mini-bobblehead?  (Don't answer that because now that I think about that it would be pretty sweet.  Also raises the question can you have a mini Mike Kinsella?)

If anything I'd complain about only kids getting the sweet D-Wade jerseys!  My goal is to bribe fat kids (I figure bigger jersey size) with candy.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2008, 05:38:07 PM »
So I got to the game a little on the early side last night (about 45 minutes) and so my surprise... the Marquette run table on the 200 level my the escalators were giving away Marquette Plastic Cups!!!!!

I wonder if they have someone who is a scooper working for them

they had them @ the ND game too... i grabbed one last night :)  can't ever have enough plastic cups!

but really, many of the good promos go to the ... *gasp* less well attended sporting events!! go figure!!

though it is still satisfying to collect @ the BC.... someday i will get a paratrooper shirt!!! or a rubberducky basketball!

here's my brilliant idea:  MU Bball blanket giveaway-- perfect for sitting in that cold lower bowl or for crazy students camping outside waiting for the BC to open!

they've been outside the Student section by the main concourse all year. or at least since break. just an fyi if you want to stock up...

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2008, 05:52:25 PM »
I like the ring.  I mean would you rather have a Mike Kinsella mini-bobblehead?  (Don't answer that because now that I think about that it would be pretty sweet.  Also raises the question can you have a mini Mike Kinsella?)

If anything I'd complain about only kids getting the sweet D-Wade jerseys!  My goal is to bribe fat kids (I figure bigger jersey size) with candy.

What kind of candy?

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2008, 11:37:28 AM »

The Mike Kinsella bobblehead would break easier than the D.Wade's we received last year.

feedback