'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Why the Jae Crowder love?  (Read 25000 times)

🏀

• All American
Why the Jae Crowder love?
« on: January 07, 2012, 04:08:06 PM »
I just don't get it.

I appreciate what he does, but he's an junker of a player.

Why isn't anyone hating on him? He has not progressed as a player. He's one of the worst defenders on the team. He disappears for long stretches.

His game isn't that good. He is our only option, but as the focal point of the offense we need a better player.

MUMac

• All American
Re: Why the Jae Crowder love?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 04:15:36 PM »
I have often wondered the same.  He get's a HUGE pass with many.  Very inconsistent, poor defender and really a fundamentally flawed rebounder.  He has some big games, but also some real stinkers.

I

GOLDY

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 04:25:02 PM »
Jae gets a pass from most because he scores points.  I have actually been more disappointed with him this year than any other player. I still like him just wish he would be more of a leader and push others to play better.  I keep hoping he becomes more like Lazar but don't think that will happen.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 04:27:47 PM »
I just don't get it.

I appreciate what he does, but he's an junker of a player.

Why isn't anyone hating on him? He has not progressed as a player. He's one of the worst defenders on the team. He disappears for long stretches.

His game isn't that good. He is our only option, but as the focal point of the offense we need a better player.

Exactly right. He works hard and does little things but ALL TO OFTEN does he have halfs or games against good teams of 0-3 pts. It just cannot happen.

I think he gets a pass because he will fail against a team like today but then come out with 25 next game.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 04:28:58 PM »
I have often wondered the same.  He get's a HUGE pass with many.  Very inconsistent, poor defender and really a fundamentally flawed rebounder.  He has some big games, but also some real stinkers.

I

Jae gets a pass from most because he scores points.  I have actually been more disappointed with him this year than any other player. I still like him just wish he would be more of a leader and push others to play better.  I keep hoping he becomes more like Lazar but don't think that will happen.

Exactly right. He works hard and does little things but ALL TO OFTEN does he have halfs or games against good teams of 0-3 pts. It just cannot happen.

I think he gets a pass because he will fail against a team like today but then come out with 25 next game.

Wow, shocked with the responses. Thought I was going to get roasted.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 04:29:39 PM »
I like Jae because he's not afraid to mix it up underneath and draws the fouls.

But he can be a knucklehead and fall in love with the 3.
SS Marquette

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 04:29:59 PM »
Jae Crowder kills our run. Weird.

GOLDY

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 04:33:09 PM »

You posted what I was too afraid to say a while ago.  Thanks for leading the way.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 04:36:41 PM »

It's nice when people don't just fall back on the MU-hating d-bag line, isn't it?

;)

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 04:38:16 PM »
It's nice when people don't just fall back on the MU-hating d-bag line, isn't it?

;)

Touche.

Try sprinkling in a little optimism, and it'll go a long way around here though.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 04:41:28 PM »
I was just struck by the second time in the last few minutes (with the second time just before the 11 minute mark) where Crowder was the only MU that didn't huddle up at the free throw when MU was to throw the ball in under the SU basket.

Noticeable because he always seemed the be the guy that pulled others together.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 04:42:39 PM »
I was just struck by the second time in the last few minutes (with the second time just before the 11 minute mark) where Crowder was the only MU that didn't huddle up at the free throw when MU was to throw the ball in under the SU basket.

Noticeable because he always seemed the be the guy that pulled others together.

I know. No excuse, but two years and out with Jae. Hard to really feel like a team.
SS Marquette

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 04:48:04 PM »
Touche.

Try sprinkling in a little optimism, and it'll go a long way around here though.

Cadougan plays like this and upper level in his future.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »
I just cant get behind Cadougan.  He wants to be a leader but hes simply not talented and too flawed to be the team leader.  I can't see him trying to spur his players on when he gets roasted on D and throws passes away and launches bricks.  I've heard he is a great person and that is awesome.  However, I think MU is better with Vander at point and Mayo @ the 2 spot.

At least Vander can D up and when he jumps with the ball and has no shot or no one to pass to he does it athletically.

Les Nessman

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 07:08:06 PM »
At least Vander can D up and when he jumps with the ball and has no shot or no one to pass to he does it athletically.[/b]

Well, at least he looks good when he f*cks up.

monkeyman34

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 07:22:43 PM »
We're playing 4 vs 6 when Vander is on the floor as our PG.  he is totally clueless offensively.
In the Vanderbilt game, he got trapped near halfcourt twice, within a minute of each other, by picking up his dribble. Once he got bailed out by a terrible foul call and the other he committed a TO.  Today he had way too many TOs.  He goes up in the air way too often with no idea what he's going to do with the ball and he typically ends up throwing it away which leads to a fast break for the other team.  He has NO shot whatsoever. He missed all four of his free throws today. The box score says he had only 3 TOs today, but I swear if you'd go back and rewatch the game, he should be credited for more than that. 

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 07:33:50 PM »
I just cant get behind Cadougan.  He wants to be a leader but hes simply not talented and too flawed to be the team leader.  I can't see him trying to spur his players on when he gets roasted on D and throws passes away and launches bricks.  I've heard he is a great person and that is awesome.  However, I think MU is better with Vander at point and Mayo @ the 2 spot.

At least Vander can D up and when he jumps with the ball and has no shot or no one to pass to he does it athletically.

I can't believe after todays game, someone still thinks that Ble would run the point better than Junior. The offense is so stagnant when Junior is not in the game. He is not the most athletic on the team but his drives into the lane where actually effective. No one else did much when driving.

In the beginning of the game, I think Blue had 3 TOs on 5 passes.  Not assists. Passes. He needs to be a SG and learn how to finish at the rim.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 07:55:01 PM »
But he can't finish and with Wilson not a viable option @ PG what do you do?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 08:26:09 PM »
Interesting how this started off as a thread about how disappointing Crowder has been this season and turned into another Blue-bashing thread.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 08:35:29 PM »
Interesting how this started off as a thread about how disappointing Crowder has been this season and turned into another Blue-bashing thread.

Some people just cannot help themselves.

groove

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 08:39:43 PM »
Some people just cannot help themselves.

Maybe he just needs to punch someone again, maybe even a teammate and then more people will like him.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 08:45:57 PM »
Maybe he just needs to punch someone again, maybe even a teammate and then more people will like him.

Good one.   ::)

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 08:55:20 PM »
Man you must live a sad, depressing life.  Please go be a "fan" of some other team...any other team...and take your s**t somewhere else.  It's old.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2012, 08:58:25 PM »

He's the new Crean.

Honestly, Blue had another solid game.  Helped to spark the comeback (along with Junior).

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2012, 10:41:18 PM »
Jae's shown plenty of toughness and execution, he's just been inconsistent. We need him on the court drawing attention from defenses big time.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing