'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Stacey Poole transfer to Marquette?  (Read 11653 times)

🏀

• All American
Stacey Poole transfer to Marquette?
« on: December 19, 2011, 11:28:42 PM »
This rumor have any legs?

6'4", 200# switchable sophomore  from Kentucky.

Norm

• All American
Re: Stacey Poole transfer to Marquette?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 11:42:19 PM »
From articles I've read about him it sounds like his father is the driving force behind the transfer possibility. Dad was All-SEC back in the early 90s. Not sure about the MU rumors, but it sounds like son and father are a package deal.

thisists

• Starter
  • brew city bred
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 11:45:17 PM »
it sounds like son and father are a package deal.

Ahem... Maymon... Ahem

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 11:48:09 PM »
Transfers mean other transfers.  Do not like it.  He can take Thomas's scholly 2nd semester, then somebody has to go.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 11:52:24 PM »
Transfers mean other transfers.  Do not like it.  He can take Thomas's scholly 2nd semester, then somebody has to go.

Gotta think Durley will end up at a JUCO for a year.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 11:54:22 PM »
Gotta think Durley will end up at a JUCO for a year.

Where theres smoke there's fire...

herboturbo

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 12:15:32 AM »
He can take Thomas's scholly 2nd semester, then somebody has to go.

I don't believe this is possible as scholarships are one year renewable contracts.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 12:21:50 AM »
I don't believe this is possible as scholarships are one year renewable contracts.

Correct. If he were to come in midseason, he'd have a scholarship. MU is only at 12 with Thomas.

Would make for an interesting summer.

muhs03

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 12:24:50 AM »
The juco story is tiring. The transfer story is tiring as well.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 06:17:13 AM »
Even though Poole was a top 30 recruit, MU does not need another SG/SF.  With Mayo, Anderson, Taylor, Blue, Jones and Ferguson, that is enough.  Unless someone has a change of heart after the season.

It is apparent after last night that MU needs a PG, one that actually has some offensive skills.  Look at that freshman Hickey from LSU, he just destroyed Junior on both ends.  Derrick Wilson is a good defensive PG, but has not displayed any offense.  After 11 games, what does he have, like 5 points?  Yes, some will argue that it is not the PG role to score, but some points or an outside scoring chance would be nice.

As far as Durley, who knows, is he still not starting on his high school team?

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 06:48:23 AM »
Durley isn't even gettin in the games!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 07:05:37 AM »
I'm not going to question the recruiting of Durley right now, especially after a game where the mere presence of a physical 6'10", 270-lb center could have meant the difference in the game.

Poole would be a great addition, and would be a decent shot to pave the way for his brother Solomon (#9 overall in Rivals 2013) to come take over as that five-star PG we've all been dreaming of. But the only way we have room for both of them is if someone else leaves. Might someone be declaring for the draft early? Maybe not as far-fetched as it sounds. But aside from that, it means someone transferring out.

Also, Poole doesn't really fill a direct need at the moment. Our main need is for more strength inside. Poole would fill the same role as Blue, Mayo, Jones, Anderson, and Ferguson, all of whom are here for at least 2 more years. Not sure how much legs this story will end up having.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 07:10:51 AM »
Agree w/nyg on the need for a PG. JR may have had only 2 TOs last nite, but his poor judgment (no way he should be taking 10 shots in a game), offensive ineptitude and defensive woes are painful to watch.

And Durley's not even in getting into games?! Is he hurt?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 07:19:35 AM »
It seemed to me that Junior took 10 shots because nobody else was making good decisions and he was trying to lead when no one else was.   The shots he took weren't bad shots.   He just didn't make them.   If DJO/Clinic/Vander had their collective heads out of their collective abefromans' he wouldn't have shot so much. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 07:21:31 AM »
Wonder if taking Poole would be considered just to get near the top of the list for his brother, a top 2013 point.  Though I wouldn't mind a 2012 point instead if we're still looking.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 07:34:50 AM »
It seemed to me that Junior took 10 shots because nobody else was making good decisions and he was trying to lead when no one else was.   The shots he took weren't bad shots.   He just didn't make them.   If DJO/Clinic/Vander had their collective heads out of their collective abefromans' he wouldn't have shot so much. 

+1.  Getting off topic, but Junior's decision making was not a problem last night.  Not that he played great or anything, but I had no problem with the shots he was taking, as he seemed like the only G/wing we had that could get himself a decent shot.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 07:42:15 AM »
The thing is, JR can't make those shots. B/c unless he's shooting an uncontested layup, most of what he puts up are equivalent to turnovers.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 08:05:24 AM »
The thing is, JR can't make those shots. B/c unless he's shooting an uncontested layup, most of what he puts up are equivalent to turnovers.

Well then MU has a problem, can't start two guards that have 0 offensive value. Blue needs to figure put how to play point. And if otule is in 60% of our team can't score.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 08:11:47 AM »
Then Buzz must be using pixie dust and jedi mind tricks to have this team 10-1 if the whole team sucks. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 08:13:53 AM »
Did you ever stop to think that Junior was the only guard out there who was doing what they were all supposed to be doing, which was attacking the defense and trying to drive to the basket?  Probably not, why let an actual fact get in the way of all the post-loss bashing?

The rest of our perimeter guys were standing around, passing around the perimeter, and if they did drive they were throwing up weak layup attempts.  At least Junior was really attacking the basket, trying to draw contact, and finishing strong on some of them.  

He played better than any guard on our team not named DJO.  

tower912

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 08:15:55 AM »
Amen and alleluia, ATL.   Except I think it could be argued he fulfilled his role better than DJO filled his. 

mrcub628

• Walk-On
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011, 08:36:37 AM »
Stacey would be a great addition to Marquette! He was a top 40 guard coming out of Florida. Even though he didn't get any playing time at UK, he practiced against some of the pest players in the nation everyday.

He has yet to play the year, so he'd be able to play right away next season. I had a class with him this semester and he is a really nice kid. I talked to him about him transferring and it seems like the 2 main concurs for him are pt and location.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2011, 08:39:16 AM »
Seriously, ATL MU Warrior? Ever stop and think about these facts? He hot 3 for 10 (0 for 2 from 3), bricked his only FT attempt and had 1 assist and 2 TOs.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2011, 08:40:11 AM »
1) Playing time - MU is overload at his position

2) Location - Florida (home) to Wisconsin ????

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011, 08:41:32 AM »
Amen and alleluia, ATL.   Except I think it could be argued he fulfilled his role better than DJO filled his. 

Junior had a few boneheaded moments last night, but I agree that he at least showed some fight and was aggressive going to the hoop.  Mayo did too, although he had a hard time getting there last night.  DJO and Vander were the 2 BIG letdown performers of last night.  Vander was practically invisible on the offensive end - much like he was last year in the Big East.  Seems length and athleticism really neutralize Vander as he doesn't have the solid perimeter game yet..
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

feedback