'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Question for ye olde tyme folks....  (Read 14612 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: Question for ye olde tyme folks....
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2007, 02:31:57 PM »
This is probably getting off topic, but after all MU has done to campus in the last 6-7 years, isn't it time to start thinking of an "updated" McCormick Hall? I would have no clue as to what MU should do. Taking McCormick out of commission and rebuilding on the land is a pipe dream, not to mention how it would probably be impossible to move all of those students into other housing that just doesn't exist right now.

McCormick sits on a prime piece of land on campus, yet obviously is probably the biggest eye sore on campus.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2007, 03:45:55 PM »
McCormick is pretty bad on the eyes.

One solution I've always thought would be good, and have heard grumbling rumors was:

Once the reasearch inside the Academic Support Facility(Engineering Annex) has run its course, knock down everything inbetween Wisconsin/Wells and 17th/18th. This includes Humphrey, Academic Support Facility, MU Daycare, a gated parking structure, and several bulidings that are janitoral I believe.

That's a big chuck of space for a new dorm(temporary dorm/daycare/plenty of room leftover for other uses).

Maybe this new residence extremely nice, large rooms. More Campus Town than a dorm. No dining hall, Mashuda and O'D close by.

Once the building here was completed, take down McCormick, and replace it with new Freshman dorms. The old Humphrey could then be transformed into more Campus Town apartments.

Just my thought, the space inbetween Wisconsin/Wells and 17th/18th has always screamed wasted space to me.

eagles11

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2007, 12:06:00 AM »
I could read stories like these for hours. Definitely missing MU at this point. The thought of a hidden underground tunnel system on campus is captivating, to say the least.

Focus: Although it might not be the most "Jesuit" thing to do, demolishing the homeless shelter @ 18th and Wells/Kilby might be the best way to reduce crime on the western edge of campus. If you could gut it and turn it into a dorm, you could potentially kill two birds with one stone, while almost instantaneously revitalizing the neighborhood and cutting down on the transient population in the area.

As a nice gesture, we could possibly throw proceeds from investment of the endowment to relocate the homeless shelter to another part of town.

Call it cold-hearted, but you're not going to make a serious difference on this part of campus unless you take this step.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2007, 04:18:07 PM »
Looking at the homeless shelter from here, I know exactly what you're saying. Take that badboy out and campus is 20-30% better.

Can anybody explain what the hell the one story "L"-shaped building on the Northside of Wells between 20th and 19th is?

feedback