[Today at 11:12:06 AM]

[Paint Touches] Love in the time of the Portal Kombat by frozena pizza
[Today at 08:33:37 AM]

Welcome Jack Anderson! by Jay Bee
[May 02, 2024, 08:58:35 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1953981 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: NM
« Reply #2875 on: May 06, 2018, 02:11:37 PM »
I pay $120 a month at a men's salon. Unlimited haircuts, unlimited beard trims, unlimited shoulder massages, 1 mani/pedi a month, and I get three free glasses of bourbon every time I come in. Was skeptical at first when a friend suggested it but it is so worth it. Will never go back to a sports clips or great clips again.

You had me at bourbon.

My once a year trim is at Groom in the Third Ward when we're in Milwaukee for an MU game. I always ask for Theri, who is very good with my long, thick, unruly hair. They also provide an assortment of liquid refreshments - I usually arrive early and enjoy some Jameson's. Runs me $50 plus tip, and worth every penny.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2876 on: May 06, 2018, 02:49:08 PM »
My wife and kids think it's a midlife crisis, but I pretty much stopped getting haircuts two years ago. The only concession I've made is to go in once a year to get the ends trimmed.

By the way, I hope they're right about the "midlife" part, cuz that means I'll live to be 110.

My guess, then, is that you are either retired or have a job where it is okay to look like an old hippie.
Have some patience, FFS.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2877 on: May 06, 2018, 02:55:44 PM »
Unlimited visits and three free bourbons every time you go in?  Man, I'd put that to the test.  A beard trim before work every morning, and a quick hair trim on the way home?

It's fantastic. I don't abuse it, usually end up coming 3-4 a month for beard trims and bourbon (you can also get beer, vodka, whiskey, or rum if that is your preference). There are guys at the shop who I'm pretty sure come in daily just to drink. You also get to cut the line if you buy in. I can walk in anytime I want any jump ahead of anyone who is not a member.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2878 on: May 06, 2018, 03:11:48 PM »
I pay $120 a month at a men's salon. Unlimited haircuts, unlimited beard trims, unlimited shoulder massages, 1 mani/pedi a month, and I get three free glasses of bourbon every time I come in. Was skeptical at first when a friend suggested it but it is so worth it. Will never go back to a sports clips or great clips again.

I want to go to there.

I was spending $70+20 tip at Stag for a haircut and straight razor shave every month, but we trimmed some finances and I found a local place that cuts service members for $5. Still tip $10, and no more fringe benefits like beer or a shampoo, but my stylist does a nice job for a fraction of the price.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2879 on: May 06, 2018, 03:21:44 PM »
It's fantastic. I don't abuse it, usually end up coming 3-4 a month for beard trims and bourbon (you can also get beer, vodka, whiskey, or rum if that is your preference). There are guys at the shop who I'm pretty sure come in daily just to drink. You also get to cut the line if you buy in. I can walk in anytime I want any jump ahead of anyone who is not a member.

Do they take ladies? I can always get my highlights somewhere else.
Have some patience, FFS.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2880 on: May 06, 2018, 03:35:42 PM »
Do they take ladies? I can always get my highlights somewhere else.

They do, but I've been told that they charge more, not sure how much more. They also don't do color for the nails if that is something you are looking for.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2881 on: May 06, 2018, 03:37:41 PM »
I want to go to there.

I was spending $70+20 tip at Stag for a haircut and straight razor shave every month, but we trimmed some finances and I found a local place that cuts service members for $5. Still tip $10, and no more fringe benefits like beer or a shampoo, but my stylist does a nice job for a fraction of the price.

One thing not included in the membership is straight razor shaves. However, I've gone to the same stylist for over a year now and have always been a generous tipper. She throws in the straight razor shaves for free now.
TAMU

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2882 on: May 06, 2018, 03:45:29 PM »
My guess, then, is that you are either retired or have a job where it is okay to look like an old hippie.

The latter...sort of. About 95% of my work has been from home for the past few years, and I can make it look good enough for my boss on the rare occasions when I go into the office. If I was still in the office all day, I suspect it would be an issue.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2883 on: May 06, 2018, 04:22:58 PM »
I go for the happy medium. $27 plus tip for me. Go to the same person at a salon every time. Once you find a hair stylist you like, it's really hard to change.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #2884 on: May 06, 2018, 06:04:58 PM »
Ok...between this turn of the thread and the cologne thread, you boys have turned soft..

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2885 on: May 06, 2018, 07:13:29 PM »
Ok, turning to fashion.

Can any of you dudes wear red?  I refuse.  About the closest thing* I have in my closet is a deep maroon sweatshirt I got at Niagra Falls when I want to pretend I'm Canadian. 

UW has poisoned that color.

* not including shirts stained with Arby's sauce.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #2886 on: May 06, 2018, 07:39:54 PM »
Cords wouldn’t allow any red apparel in the AD office. 
Ludum habemus.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2887 on: May 06, 2018, 07:55:01 PM »
I go to a barber shop . Once every 3 months. $17.  They have Sports Illustrated and the NY Post available while you wait  Old school.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2888 on: May 06, 2018, 08:06:54 PM »
Know Playboy, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2889 on: May 06, 2018, 08:33:01 PM »
Ok, turning to fashion.

Can any of you dudes wear red?  I refuse.  About the closest thing* I have in my closet is a deep maroon sweatshirt I got at Niagra Falls when I want to pretend I'm Canadian. 

I can't. It's a shame. Mrs. PTM says I look good in red. I wear mostly golf polos and pullovers. I also struggle with green, hate the Irish.

I have a lot of blue, yellow, pink and purple. I'm cool with it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2890 on: May 06, 2018, 08:39:53 PM »
I want to go to there.

I was spending $70+20 tip at Stag for a haircut and straight razor shave every month

Wow. Seems extravagant. I spend $10 less (60 + 20 tip) for a 60 minute deep tissue massage every month. Sometimes I get two per month. And it's awesome. But haircuts? $12 + an 8 dollar tip. I can shave and wash my hair myself.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2891 on: May 06, 2018, 09:12:14 PM »
Wow. Seems extravagant. I spend $10 less (60 + 20 tip) for a 60 minute deep tissue massage every month. Sometimes I get two per month. And it's awesome. But haircuts? $12 + an 8 dollar tip. I can shave and wash my hair myself.

A hot shave is far more like a spa treatment. Steaming hot towels, mentholated lotions, and massage involved. Probably a 30-45 minute process when done well. It's essentially like getting a facial with the shave thrown in.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #2892 on: May 06, 2018, 11:42:29 PM »
Know Playboy, hey?
Agree with u quite s weak place
Goal is National Championship

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2893 on: May 07, 2018, 06:34:26 AM »
I have one red polo.   I have to, as it is the colors of the school my son attends and I coach for.  Do to scheduling, I actually had to wear it last December on the day of the MU-Wisconsin game.   Doing so apparently did not jinx anything.    I felt unclean.    I have one red and gray sweater, a gift.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2894 on: May 07, 2018, 06:40:00 AM »
Is there an age a guy is too old for Hoodies? What about flip flops?
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2895 on: May 07, 2018, 06:42:29 AM »

You are never too old for hoodies or flip flops. You can can get too old to wear them in certain situations.
Have some patience, FFS.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #2896 on: May 07, 2018, 10:51:22 AM »
Ok, turning to fashion.

Although as the years go on it is getting more and more difficult, at this point I'm still able to mentally separate Wisconsin football from the University of Wisconsin extension in Madison's Basketball program.    I do in fact own one red fleece that I'll wear on a UW football game day as long as it is not on a MUBB game day... which is pretty rare anyway.   Even then, if it's a social situation or in crowds, I'd probably prefer any number of MU fleece's or 1/4 zip ups, etc that I own.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #2897 on: May 07, 2018, 10:55:02 AM »

so you must like hair in your bourbon?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2898 on: May 07, 2018, 11:38:19 AM »

No.  However, old guys wear hoodies to stay warm and flip flops because tying shoes is just too much work.     Not to load up on bro chic. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2899 on: May 07, 2018, 12:07:24 PM »
See growing up in Illinois, you don't grow up associating the color red with UW. Avoiding red is hard in my family. Have a ton of Blackhawks stuff and since my sister goes to Illinois State, I get some new Redbirds apparel every Christmas.

feedback