[Today at 08:37:20 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JTJ3
[Today at 06:35:06 AM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: BLM/White Privilege/etc  (Read 13387 times)

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Re: BLM/White Privilege/etc
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2020, 06:46:25 PM »
It’s impossible to police hard core liberals as they don’t know how to stop or compartmentalize anything.  They have a brain disease and actually believe 50 years of the same policy failures that lower the bar while bankrupting cities and states are always the fault of someone else... and of course due to racism, sexism, or whatever new ism they come up with.

This too

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2020, 06:54:54 PM »
This too

I side with the position that we are dealing with moral issues and not political or economic issues.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2020, 07:08:08 PM »
BLM The organization=Communist Party=Funded by ACT Blue which is arm of Democrat Party

Sorry to burst your bubble Brew, but you are being hoodwinked. Classic subterfuge by the Alinsky led mob who wants to enslave the country and install a dictatorship . That is what communism is my friend.

Legitimate hard working people of color love America and everything it stands for.

Millions of People fought and died for the rights we have as free citizens.

Freedom>Slavery.

Many blacks fought and died so their right to play MLB could be denied. People of color do not love racism. They don’t love being singled out only because they are black. And they certainly don’t love being murdered for being black.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2020, 07:10:03 PM »
Many blacks fought and died so their right to play MLB could be denied. People of color do not love racism. They don’t love being singled out only because they are black. And they certainly don’t love being murdered for being black.

But are those people "legitimate?"

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2020, 07:17:06 PM »
Well, whoever is the leader of this letter writing campaign is a pilot with the user name V1 Rotate, so draw your own conclusions.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

panda

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2020, 07:22:00 PM »
Well, whoever is the leader of this letter writing campaign is a pilot with the user name V1 Rotate, so draw your own conclusions.

BeeJay?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2020, 07:40:45 PM »
This thread is making me thirsty
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2020, 07:42:32 PM »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2020, 07:48:49 PM »

Just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2020, 08:02:15 PM »
The difference between BLM, Inc and BLM the movement has been explained to you over and over again. So please stop being ignorant.

Where can I send a contribution to BLM the Movement? Who are it’s leaders? What is their mission statement? Where can I find their statements repudiating the goals of BLM the Organization?

When I see a spokesperson on TV or read an article quoting BLM, it’s “organization” leaders and spokespersons, not “movement” ones I see and hear. I sincerely hope that the movement creates its own distinct organization free from the present radical messaging. But until the movement is vocal about their aims and their not being part of BLM the organization I just can’t offer support for anything other than the sentiment.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2020, 08:09:46 PM »

Shocking! Who woulda thunk it?  :-\

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2020, 08:22:13 PM »

MuEng, you need to redirect. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 08:30:43 PM by real chili 83 »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2020, 09:04:31 PM »
It's me, I started it.  It's a false flag operation to get people to write compliments praising MUScoop staff.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2020, 09:10:18 PM »
Shocking! Who woulda thunk it?  :-\

so who is it jackwagon? you couldn't find your "backside" with both hands and a flashlight
don't...don't don't don't don't

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2020, 09:38:46 PM »
Since you brought it up, two members of my immediate family were denied the right to play MLB because of their skin color. Rather than consume themselves with bitterness, they never looked back and moved forward and built successful careers in the fields that would take them.   

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2020, 09:42:23 PM »
Where can I send a contribution to BLM the Movement? Who are it’s leaders? What is their mission statement? Where can I find their statements repudiating the goals of BLM the Organization?

When I see a spokesperson on TV or read an article quoting BLM, it’s “organization” leaders and spokespersons, not “movement” ones I see and hear. I sincerely hope that the movement creates its own distinct organization free from the present radical messaging. But until the movement is vocal about their aims and their not being part of BLM the organization I just can’t offer support for anything other than the sentiment.

If you sincerely want to understand the perspective, read up on Project Zero and the work of Sam Sinyangwe, Deray McKesson, and Britney Packnett-Cunningham. Read Ta-Nehesi Coates, The Case For Reparations is a good place to start. Or the 1619 Project article and podcast. On social media, Rachel Cargle is a solid follow that challenges her followers. If you're looking for other podcasts, Code Switch and Pod Save the People. On demand, watch 13th on Netflix.

Or just go to a march. Listen to the voices there. At this point, if you aren't hearing the message, it's because you're choosing not to listen.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2020, 09:59:09 PM »
Honestly, I didn't think Chicos only had 11 screen names. I thought it was more than that.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2020, 10:07:01 PM »
If you sincerely want to understand the perspective, read up on Project Zero and the work of Sam Sinyangwe, Deray McKesson, and Britney Packnett-Cunningham. Read Ta-Nehesi Coates, The Case For Reparations is a good place to start. Or the 1619 Project article and podcast. On social media, Rachel Cargle is a solid follow that challenges her followers. If you're looking for other podcasts, Code Switch and Pod Save the People. On demand, watch 13th on Netflix.

Or just go to a march. Listen to the voices there. At this point, if you aren't hearing the message, it's because you're choosing not to listen.

Thanks for the reading/listening ideas. I’ll get back to you with my impressions.

You may also want to open your mind to different perspectives. I provided a link to a Scott Harris podcast in another thread (I think the podcast is titled “Can we come back from the brink?”).

Brew, we may open our minds yet still see things differently. I have no problem with that. I hope you don’t either, but your final paragraph seems to indicate differently.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2020, 10:08:51 PM »
Honestly, I didn't think Chicos only had 11 screen names. I thought it was more than that.

It’s well over if you count the different iterations of Chicos (Chico’s Bail Bonds, Chico’s, CBB, cheeks...)

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2020, 10:45:38 PM »

They probably needed him to post via the VPN.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2020, 10:55:55 PM »
This post is so cute, I just want to reach out and pinch those "eleven" anonymous cheeks.

HOWEVER, it does raise a good issue, so we're going to enact two policy changes:
  • MUScoop will no longer force you to read all threads, so you can individually choose what topics interest you personally, and not click those you might find political.   This is a new concept on the internet, so it might take some practice. 

(If you accidentally click on a thread that does not interest you, fear not, there is a little "x" button on your browser tab that will close the window for you -- and we've made that a complimentary feature.)

• We are now making the "ignore user" function part of the basic subscription package.

In all seriousness, we do our best.  COVID and the recent civil unrest has made us let more political speech go unchecked -- that being said, we've also handed out several vacations to the most reported authors.

TL;DR:  Life is suffering.  Eat Arby's.

I love it.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2020, 10:57:07 PM »
I'm rather late to the party but I'll start by saying that I share some of V1's and the other original posters' concerns. It is sad that a board in which many of its members were educated at a fine, inclusive Jesuit university find it so difficult to discuss strongly held positions without resorting to hostility and in some cases, ad hominum attacks on those who do not share their beliefs.

I'm so sick of the ugliness over the coming election that I'm thinking about spinning a cocoon that I can live in until next year. Nobody acknowledges the "other side" be well-intentioned about  anything in this country anymore. It's all about screwing someone. I don't care how liberal or how conservative you might be, I'm amazed that we see goodwill only in our own views. If you ask me, that's kind of selfish.

Secondly, I would hope that any of you who think that the Black Lives Matter movement is Communist would gain some institutional knowledge of the 1960s and early 1970s. The same thing was said about the Hippies, Yippies and the Civil Rights movement of that day. J. Edgar Hoover was an especially strong catalyst of this nonsense and he's been later proven to have broken more laws than any 10 vandals during the last riot.

Finally, think about something. If Jesus walked the Earth today, how would Jesus react to Black Lives Matter? If Scripture is any indication, He would likely say, "of course Black Lives Matter! Black people are my children too. What don't you people get about, 'Love thy neighbor as thy self.' I told you that and, for my sake, I meant it!"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2020, 10:57:23 PM »
  "Dentists, lawyers, teachers, business people, law enforcement, IT, retired
Over 50,000 posts and 60 combined years of membership at MUSCOOP
Democrat, Republican, Independent.  Liberal, Conservative, Libertarian
From all parts of the United States
Marquette basketball fans

just back from a great day on the golf course and not sure who the other dentists are, but rest assured that it wasn't doc or i.  besides, his/her grammar was too good for mine and i can't get my cap key to work that well  8-)

loved toppers response-game on!

I'm going to be honest buddy, there is something in topper's post that tells me it isn't 11 guys.  I know you have thicker skin and that is a positive trait.  Best.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2020, 11:01:47 PM »
I'm rather late to the party but I'll start by saying that I share some of V1's and the other original posters' concerns. It is sad that a board in which many of its members were educated at a fine, inclusive Jesuit university find it so difficult to discuss strongly held positions without resorting to hostility and in some cases, ad hominum attacks on those who do not share their beliefs.

I'm so sick of the ugliness over the coming election that I'm thinking about spinning a cocoon that I can live in until next year. Nobody acknowledges the "other side" be well-intentioned about  anything in this country anymore. It's all about screwing someone. I don't care how liberal or how conservative you might be, I'm amazed that we see goodwill only in our own views. If you ask me, that's kind of selfish.

Secondly, I would hope that any of you who think that the Black Lives Matter movement is Communist would gain some institutional knowledge of the 1960s and early 1970s. The same thing was said about the Hippies, Yippies and the Civil Rights movement of that day. J. Edgar Hoover was an especially strong catalyst of this nonsense and he's been later proven to have broken more laws than any 10 vandals during the last riot.

Finally, think about something. If Jesus walked the Earth today, how would Jesus react to Black Lives Matter? If Scripture is any indication, He would likely say, "of course Black Lives Matter! Black people are my children too. What don't you people get about, 'Love thy neighbor as thy self.' I told you that and, for my sake, I meant it!"

Hoover, he was a body remover.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2020, 11:06:21 PM »

For the record, the intent of this post was to remark on the aviation nature of the original posters name not to imply that any particular poster is the author of said letter.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

feedback