collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Mark Ingram’s sideline freak  (Read 712 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Mark Ingram’s sideline freak
« on: December 19, 2016, 10:26:26 PM »
Saints running back Mark Ingram’s sideline freak out may have been because of contract incentives
Monday, December 19, 2016, 9:48 AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/mark-ingram-sideline-freak-incentives-article-1.2916056

Saints running back Mark Ingram went off on coach Sean Payton on the sideline late in Sunday’s game against the Cardinals. Ingram was taken out of the game when the offense was near the goal line, and running back Tim Hightower sprinted in for the touchdown, preventing Ingram from adding a score to his stats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqzVo6aqYZo
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tqzVo6aqYZo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tqzVo6aqYZo</a>

Following the touchdown, Fox Sports Radio host Jason Smith tweeted that Ingram’s outburst may have been because he missed out on a $100,000 incentive in his contract.

Skitch

• All American
Re: Mark Ingram’s sideline freak
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 06:23:51 AM »
There are still 2 games left this season, correct?

Also do any of these threads you start have any original thought of your own in them? Your entire post, including the badly worded title, was literally copied from that article.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 09:00:35 AM »
That was intention ... including the title which was copied and pasted from the NY Daily News title. 

It was a device to start the conversation, something that you apparently do not understand.  But you want and original thought, hope you comprehension enables you to understand it ....

I agree with Ingram.  The New Orleans organization signed him to a contract with those incentives.  That means the New Orleans believes hitting those incentives are so important to the organization that they will happily will pay him $100,000 for a certain number of touchdowns.  Then an important member of the New Orleans organization, the head coach Sean Payton, stood in his way of hitting that incentive.

If you give a player an incentive, you need to give him every opportunity to fulfill that incentive.  If it gets the way of managing the team, don't sign him to that incentive.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 09:03:14 AM by Jesse Livermore »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 09:04:32 AM »
If management is telling Payton not to play him in those situations, I would agree with you.  But absent that, the coach gets to decide who plays when and Ingram is the one out of line.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 10:10:21 AM »
That was intention ... including the title which was copied and pasted from the NY Daily News title. 

It was a device to start the conversation, something that you apparently do not understand.  But you want and original thought, hope you comprehension enables you to understand it ....

If you give a player an incentive, you need to give him every opportunity to fulfill that incentive.  If it gets the way of managing the team, don't sign him to that incentive.
All things being equal (or, all parties behaved in mutually beneficial manners) I agree with you.  However, there are a ton of variables in the relationship between player:coach, player:management, coach:management, player agent:management that could easily make this either a totally understandable action or a total d*ck move.  We'll never know.

I agree with Skitch - I get my news from news sites, if you want to start a discussion you should start with a POV or legit knowledge seeking question.