'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU Basketball Featured On "CNN Presents"  (Read 6104 times)

Blackhat

• All American
Re: MU Basketball Featured On "CNN Presents"
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 05:15:39 PM »
Marquette Golden Wolves          wolves be all up in our seal.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2012, 05:39:18 PM »
Marquette Golden Wolves          wolves be all up in our seal.

That would be insensitive to wolves.  We can't be having that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Logi4three

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 07:09:09 PM »
If the CNN special doesn't get us any PR, maybe thechive.com will.  Front page posting...

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2012, 08:51:50 PM »
Gold was Crean's idea. You don't hire a PR firm to come up with something like that.

With that said, Gold is better than our current name. I've actually been thinking of this lately. I recall somebody at the time suggested the McGuires and, short of changing back to Warriors, I think that wouldve been great.

Do you have proof for your claim?  That is disputed in several areas.  You are entitled to your opinions, but not to facts you make up

Zizzo Group came up with it.  http://zizzogroup.com/

Anne Zizzo, member of the Board of Trustees at Marquette University.

"But would Marquette remain the Golden Eagles, or something entirely new? Board member Ann Zizzo, of the Zizzo Group,  and her team landed on the “Gold”. The Marquette Gold. Really? But then again, the Zizzo Group also suggested we name the 27th Street Corridor “Boomgard”."

http://www.jenders.com/2009/07/29/marquette-warriors-logo/

http://mu-warrior.blogspot.com/2005/05/marquettes-trustee-losers.html

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:01:06 PM by Hoopaloop »
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

hilltopper03

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2012, 08:54:34 PM »
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know kentucky's graduation rate?

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 09:05:23 PM »
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know kentucky's graduation rate?

Their APR this year was tops in the SEC tied with Vanderbilt.  That might be a better way to analyze them because they have so many kids that go pro.  The APR doesn't penalize a school for a kid going pro as long as they finish out the semester of work they are there while playing.

That is one reason I don't think UK is cheating, at least not anymore.  Caliprari has such a brand with the top players that they come knowing they are one and done.  He doesn't need to cheat to get those kids anymore.  Not now.  Maybe in the past he or his boosters did, but not now.

Kentucky tied for first in APR scores in the SEC with Vanderbilt    http://vaughtsviews.com/?p=11735
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 09:18:07 PM »
I could see Golden Showers.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2012, 09:31:18 PM »
Sorry boys. It's not The Gold, it's not The Golden Eagles (and that stupid chicken).  Or anything else.

MARQUETTE WARRIORS.

Any questions?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2012, 09:57:54 PM »
Their APR this year was tops in the SEC tied with Vanderbilt.  That might be a better way to analyze them because they have so many kids that go pro.  The APR doesn't penalize a school for a kid going pro as long as they finish out the semester of work they are there while playing.

It's also an added benefit for the one-and-dones that they can go back to school and finish the semester, have Cal invite some NBA scouts to school a couple times, and the trip's worthwhile for the scouts since they can watch four or five prospects including some lottery picks.  No need for Davis and Kidd-Gilchrist to run around playing in extra games and camps.  Good players at the majority of schools (MU included) have to make the difficult decision of quitting school to put in the extra work to get noticed or try to balance both - they aren't sure-fire lottery picks and inviting NBA scouts to Milwaukee to come see two likely second rounders isn't appealing.  So in an unfortunate way the system actually gives Kentucky an added advantage.