collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Super bowl thread  (Read 14212 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Super bowl thread
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2016, 08:35:16 AM »
Sportscenter isolated the audio in the background right before Cam walked out.     You could clearly hear an interview with a Denver player detailing their game plan for Newton and how they were going to force him to pass.   You can watch Cam's eyes go off in the distance listening to the interview with the Bronco, then get up and leave.

It is easy to be critical, as, yes, as face of the franchise you do have obligations and responsibilities.    However, I am not sure that I wouldn't have done the same thing in the same situation.    Seriously torqued about losing and you and your team playing poorly and then having to listen as an opposing player is bragging about what they did to you while you are trying to conduct an interview.   

And I am pretty neutral on Cam.   Not a fan, but I don't hate the guy, either. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2016, 08:54:30 AM »
I just love media narratives. Peyton is held up as this stand up guy because he is good at PR (he's kind of a douche nozzle in his personal life) while Cam is just who he is and gets skewered by the media because he doesn't behave in a manner that "we" think he should.

I get it, Cam brought it on himself, if you are going to be flamboyant in victory you gotta be humble in defeat but I couldn't care less about his post conference behavior. If Cam was flipped with Rodgers, wonder how many of the Packer fans on the board would be calling A-a-ron out like this.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2016, 09:01:26 AM »
I just love media narratives. Peyton is held up as this stand up guy because he is good at PR (he's kind of a douche nozzle in his personal life) while Cam is just who he is and gets skewered by the media because he doesn't behave in a manner that "we" think he should.

I get it, Cam brought it on himself, if you are going to be flamboyant in victory you gotta be humble in defeat but I couldn't care less about his post conference behavior. If Cam was flipped with Rodgers, wonder how many of the Packer fans on the board would be calling A-a-ron out like this.

Yup, as soon as Cam didn't jump on that fumble I told my dad that they just found the excuse they were looking for to rip Cam again. I don't think Cam is a bad person, his father yes, but Cam has never gotten in any serious trouble for anything, people just don't like his personality. Hell, some people here still try to forgive Johnny Manziel.

One final thought. You think Peyton goes on jumps on that football. I don't think there's a chance in hell that he does.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2016, 09:03:38 AM »
Yup, as soon as Cam didn't jump on that fumble I told my dad that they just found the excuse they were looking for to rip Cam again. I don't think Cam is a bad person, his father yes, but Cam has never gotten in any serious trouble for anything, people just don't like his personality. Hell, some people here still try to forgive Johnny Manziel.

One final thought. You think Peyton goes on jumps on that football. I don't think there's a chance in hell that he does.

I think if Peyton had been under the same pressure the entire game that $cam had Peyton's internal clock probably would've told him, "I have to get rid of the ball by now" and he wouldn't have let it get to that point, so probably not.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2016, 09:05:45 AM »

It wasn't as egregious but Rodgers got a pass for crying about the coin toss against Arz.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2016, 09:07:05 AM »
I think if Peyton had been under the same pressure the entire game that $cam had Peyton's internal clock probably would've told him, "I have to get rid of the ball by now" and he wouldn't have let it get to that point, so probably not.

Yeah, it's not like Peyton fumbled on back-to-back pass attempts in the 4th quarter or anything  ::)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2016, 09:08:55 AM »

Rodgers is a douche, but at least he's a douche when winning and a douche when losing and doesn't pretend like he's some matured, changed man only to have that all go out the window when things don't go his way.  I don't recall ever seeing Aaron Rodgers get up and leave during his mandatory press conference, but maybe I just missed it.  I also don't remember Rodgers's answers being, "Got outplayed, bro" or shorter, but again, maybe I missed it.  Rodgers can act above others, but at least he takes the time out of his day to answer the questions.  $cam has a problem when he isn't treated like Rodgers or Peyton or Brady, but then he goes and acts like Marshawn.  At least I can respect that Marshawn lets it be known that he doesn't give a dang what anybody thinks of him and is just who he is (even though who he is is a complete punk).  $cam wants to act like he's just some misunderstood angel, but the reality is he's also a punk.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2016, 09:13:34 AM »
Yeah, it's not like Peyton fumbled on back-to-back pass attempts in the 4th quarter or anything  ::)

Right...in the 4th quarter...after being sacked (I believe) twice to that point in the game.  $cam was under pressure the entire game.  Peyton was not.  If Peyton had been sacked 6 times to that point my guess is he'd get the ball out a bit quicker.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 09:18:17 AM by wadesworld »

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2016, 09:30:12 AM »
Right...in the 4th quarter...after being sacked (I believe) twice to that point in the game.  $cam was under pressure the entire game.  Peyton was not.  If Peyton had been sacked 6 times to that point my guess is he'd get the ball out a bit quicker.

Peyton isn't physically capable of getting the ball out faster. And with Cam's receivers (worse even than the Packers this year if you can believe it) holding on to the ball was probably the lesser of two evils.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2016, 09:33:17 AM »
Rodgers is a douche, but at least he's a douche when winning and a douche when losing and doesn't pretend like he's some matured, changed man only to have that all go out the window when things don't go his way.  I don't recall ever seeing Aaron Rodgers get up and leave during his mandatory press conference, but maybe I just missed it.  I also don't remember Rodgers's answers being, "Got outplayed, bro" or shorter, but again, maybe I missed it.  Rodgers can act above others, but at least he takes the time out of his day to answer the questions.  $cam has a problem when he isn't treated like Rodgers or Peyton or Brady, but then he goes and acts like Marshawn.  At least I can respect that Marshawn lets it be known that he doesn't give a dang what anybody thinks of him and is just who he is (even though who he is is a complete punk).  $cam wants to act like he's just some misunderstood angel, but the reality is he's also a punk.

Maybe we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think Cam says he's anything other than he is, certainly not some angel, I think you are projecting on him. Plus I'd have a chip on my shoulder if I'd been treated by the media the way he has his whole career going back to Auburn. Sometimes it really is about putting yourself in the other persons shoes and viewing their behavior through there prism/experience versus yours.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2016, 09:38:51 AM »
I really don't have a problem with Cam, and I'm certainly not going to judge him too harshly for a press conference after losing the biggest game of his life.  Was it immature?  Sure; he's young.  Was it more immature than a lot of other guys who also lost the biggest game of their lives?  Yep.  But I don't think it was that big of a deal.  I think he did mature a lot over the last couple of years, but he's still a work in progress.  Hopefully he'll continue to mature in the future.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2016, 09:45:57 AM »
Also, what's with this whole $cam thing? That was his dad's doing, don't blame him for his dad's mistakes.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2016, 09:47:04 AM »
Maybe we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think Cam says he's anything other than he is, certainly not some angel, I think you are projecting on him. Plus I'd have a chip on my shoulder if I'd been treated by the media the way he has his whole career going back to Auburn. Sometimes it really is about putting yourself in the other persons shoes and viewing their behavior through there prism/experience versus yours.

Yep. I saw an ESPN piece on Cam this weekend in which he basically says point-blank that he's not very good at losing and doesn't handle it very well. That doesn't sound like someone who's pretending to be someone he's not.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2016, 09:47:54 AM »
Some thoughts on a few things brought up in this thread (and other SB observations):

COTCHERY NON-CATCH:

I agree with StillAWarrior that the Cotchery non-catch was upheld because the ball appeared to have touched the ground when he first went down and then appeared to have shifted slightly.

This might have been one of those deals where if it had been called a catch, the evidence wouldn't have been good enough to overturn it ... but because it was called a non-catch, the evidence wasn't compelling enough to change it to a catch. In fact, I believe Rivera made this exact point during his post-game interview.

At our Panthers-watching party, I was the lone observer among the 8 of us Carolina fans who thought the call would be upheld based upon what I have seen called catches and non-catches over the last couple of years.

The rule blows, but the rule is the rule and everybody has to play by it. I actually get a lot more upset about the blatant interference and holding that refs let DBs get away with. Refs have no clue how to call interference, and they often are the biggest plays in games.

Finally, for all of my fellow Panthers fans whining about the call, all Cotchery had to do was make a clean catch of a perfectly thrown pass and we wouldn't be having this discussion. When the Panthers signed Cotchery before the 2014 season, my first thought was, "Why are they bringing in this fossil?" He actually became one of my favorites because he was the one receiver (along with TE Olsen) who rarely dropped passes. Well, he had 3 drops yesterday, and each was huge. It was kind of a microcosm of the game for the Panthers -- just about everything that could have gone wrong did.

CAM A "PUNK":

Don't judge a jock by how he reacts in front of the media. I was a skeptic when the Panthers drafted Newton because of his checkered past, but he has been nothing but an amazingly solid citizen in Charlotte. He gives millions of dollars and countless hours to altruistic causes -- way above and beyond what is publicized (I have a friend in the Panthers' PR department who tells me of his many acts of kindness.) He is especially fantastic with kids.

Cam also has grown to become an outstanding team leader. One example: During the preseason, when fans wanted WR Philly Brown to be sent to Siberia because he dropped a ton of passes, it was Cam who very publicly embraced him on the sideline after one particularly horrendous drop. Cam later publicly endorsed Brown. And Brown went on to have a very productive season, crediting in great part the faith his QB had in him.

In response to the one question Newton answered in full after the game, he talked about the team's many mistakes and included his own prominently in the statement. He didn't try to sidestep the blame.

There are many athletes who are very slick in front of the media but who are total scumbags. Newton is a notoriously sore loser. It is something he needs to get better at dealing with, but I would caution anybody against making knee-jerk judgments about a person's character based upon his deportment minutes after probably the most disappointing 4 hours of his life.

NEWTON'S PERFORMANCE:

He needed to take better care of the football under duress, obviously, and he needed to at least try to recover that late fumble. But considering how many passes were dropped, how poorly his line blocked, how many penalties his teammates committed, how his receivers couldn't get open and how poorly the running game did, I thought he did pretty well to account for 310 yards -- pretty much the team's entire total.

His fumbles occurred after complete blocking breakdowns, and his interception came on a pass that went right through Ted Ginn's hands, costing the Panthers a sure FG and possible TD.

Hell, if Cotchery simply catches the early pass, the Panthers have the ball near midfield and the sack/fumble/TD almost surely never happens. It's a totally different game. But yeah ... ifs and buts and all that.

CAM'S CELEBRATIONS:

I enjoyed them all season. They helped make a fun season even more fun for a Panthers fan. His giving footballs to little fans easily surpassed the Lambeau Leap for coolness, IMHO.

But, as others have said -- and I have said myself -- if you are going to be so demonstrative in victory, you really should handle defeat with more maturity. And you absolutely have to expect to be mocked and derided when you fail.

The Panthers dared opponents to keep them from celebrating: "If you don't like it, all you have to do is stop us." Well, the Broncos did.

MANNING'S LEGACY:

"Legacy" is one of the dopiest cliches in sports. Manning's positive legacy already was assured based upon his many achievements and his one championship. He didn't "need" this nearly as much as he "needed" the win over the Bears.

He did next to nothing to help the Broncos win this game. They would have done no worse with Osweiler or any of a dozen other NFL backups. Newton had a far better game under far more adverse conditions.

Trent Dilfer was a SB star compared to this.

So kudos to Peyton for getting a second ring, and I highly recommend he get the hell out before he gets killed.

DENVER'S D:

When my Panther buds and I talked in the days leading up to the game, I said my two biggest fears were that the O line wouldn't be able to keep Miller and Ware off of Cam and that the receivers would revert to their pass-dropping ways.

Unfortunately, both of those fears came true.

Couple those problems with the multitude of other mistakes -- Tolbert's fumble, Gano's missed FG and the stunning failure to tackle the punt returner -- and the Panthers basically committed sports suicide.

Obviously, though, the Broncos' D deserves big-time credit, and Von Miller was an extremely deserving MVP.

RON RIVERA:

Absolute class act, and thrilled to have him as Panthers coach.

Since dumping Rivera so he could promote his incompetent friend Babich to Bears DC, Lovie has been fired twice to cement his "legacy" as a loser. Karma's a bitch.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 09:53:55 AM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2016, 09:54:40 AM »
Look, IDK anything about Cam personally.  I have no reason to believe that he's a 'bad' human being, etc. and I could care less about any comparison to Peyton and his alleged HGH use.  But facts are facts.  If Cam wants folks to be a-okay with his showboating (and I am), then he needs to man up when things don't go his way.

And not totally sacrificing his body on that fumble was inexcusable.  It's the effin' Superbowl brother.  You may never get another chance.  83 year old Bart Starr would have made a better effort.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2016, 09:59:32 AM »
DENVER'S D:

When my Panther buds and I talked in the days leading up to the game, I said my two biggest fears were that the O line wouldn't be able to keep Miller and Ware off of Cam and that the receivers would revert to their pass-dropping ways.

Couple those problems with the multitude of other mistakes -- Tolbert's fumble, Gano's missed FG and the stunning failure to tackle the punt returner -- and the Panthers basically committed sports suicide.

Obviously, though, the Broncos' D deserves big-time credit, and Von Miller was an extremely deserving MVP.

I'll admit that I was not an optimistic fan before the game.  Obviously, I wanted the Broncos to win, but wasn't counting on it.  I've seen them get absolutely bitch-slapped in the Super Bowl too many times to ever feel too confident on the way in.

What I said to a lot of people on Saturday was, "there is no chance in hell that they'll win without a defensive touchdown."  When they scored on their first drive (albeit a FG) and got an early defensive touchdown, I was pretty confident the rest of the way. 

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2016, 10:03:25 AM »
Good summary, MU82.

I will say that the NFL must feel VERY fortunate that after the blown Cotchery call that Denver didn't end up winning by only a few points and that Cam made himself the media's fall guy by not falling on that fumble and acting poorly in his presser. All that takes attention away from a truly awful call. I have no idea how they didn't rule that a catch. He absolutely caught it. Like, MU82 said, he should have caught it cleanly, but still. A catch is a catch (and I was rooting for Denver).

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2016, 10:12:15 AM »
Some thoughts on a few things brought up in this thread (and other SB observations):

COTCHERY NON-CATCH:

I agree with StillAWarrior that the Cotchery non-catch was upheld because the ball appeared to have touched the ground when he first went down and then appeared to have shifted slightly.

This might have been one of those deals where if it had been called a catch, the evidence wouldn't have been good enough to overturn it ... but because it was called a non-catch, the evidence wasn't compelling enough to change it to a catch. In fact, I believe Rivera made this exact point during his post-game interview.

At our Panthers-watching party, I was the lone observer among the 8 of us Carolina fans who thought the call would be upheld based upon what I have seen called catches and non-catches over the last couple of years.

The rule blows, but the rule is the rule and everybody has to play by it. I actually get a lot more upset about the blatant interference and holding that refs let DBs get away with. Refs have no clue how to call interference, and they often are the biggest plays in games.

Finally, for all of my fellow Panthers fans whining about the call, all Cotchery had to do was make a clean catch of a perfectly thrown pass and we wouldn't be having this discussion. When the Panthers signed Cotchery before the 2014 season, my first thought was, "Why are they bringing in this fossil?" He actually became one of my favorites because he was the one receiver (along with TE Olsen) who rarely dropped passes. Well, he had 3 drops yesterday, and each was huge. It was kind of a microcosm of the game for the Panthers -- just about everything that could have gone wrong did.

CAM A "PUNK":

Don't judge a jock by how he reacts in front of the media. I was a skeptic when the Panthers drafted Newton because of his checkered past, but he has been nothing but an amazingly solid citizen in Charlotte. He gives millions of dollars and countless hours to altruistic causes -- way above and beyond what is publicized (I have a friend in the Panthers' PR department who tells me of his many acts of kindness.) He is especially fantastic with kids.

Cam also has grown to become an outstanding team leader. One example: During the preseason, when fans wanted WR Philly Brown to be sent to Siberia because he dropped a ton of passes, it was Cam who very publicly embraced him on the sideline after one particularly horrendous drop. Cam later publicly endorsed Brown. And Brown went on to have a very productive season, crediting in great part the faith his QB had in him.

In response to the one question Newton answered in full after the game, he talked about the team's many mistakes and included his own prominently in the statement. He didn't try to sidestep the blame.

There are many athletes who are very slick in front of the media but who are total scumbags. Newton is a notoriously sore loser. It is something he needs to get better at dealing with, but I would caution anybody against making knee-jerk judgments about a person's character based upon his deportment minutes after probably the most disappointing 4 hours of his life.

NEWTON'S PERFORMANCE:

He needed to take better care of the football under duress, obviously, and he needed to at least try to recover that late fumble. But considering how many passes were dropped, how poorly his line blocked, how many penalties his teammates committed, how his receivers couldn't get open and how poorly the running game did, I thought he did pretty well to account for 310 yards -- pretty much the team's entire total.

His fumbles occurred after complete blocking breakdowns, and his interception came on a pass that went right through Ted Ginn's hands, costing the Panthers a sure FG and possible TD.

Hell, if Cotchery simply catches the early pass, the Panthers have the ball near midfield and the sack/fumble/TD almost surely never happens. It's a totally different game. But yeah ... ifs and buts and all that.

CAM'S CELEBRATIONS:

I enjoyed them all season. They helped make a fun season even more fun for a Panthers fan. His giving footballs to little fans easily surpassed the Lambeau Leap for coolness, IMHO.

But, as others have said -- and I have said myself -- if you are going to be so demonstrative in victory, you really should handle defeat with more maturity. And you absolutely have to expect to be mocked and derided when you fail.

The Panthers dared opponents to keep them from celebrating: "If you don't like it, all you have to do is stop us." Well, the Broncos did.

MANNING'S LEGACY:

"Legacy" is one of the dopiest cliches in sports. Manning's positive legacy already was assured based upon his many achievements and his one championship. He didn't "need" this nearly as much as he "needed" the win over the Bears.

He did next to nothing to help the Broncos win this game. They would have done no worse with Osweiler or any of a dozen other NFL backups. Newton had a far better game under far more adverse conditions.

Trent Dilfer was a SB star compared to this.

So kudos to Peyton for getting a second ring, and I highly recommend he get the hell out before he gets killed.

DENVER'S D:

RON RIVERA:

Absolute class act, and thrilled to have him as Panthers coach.

Since dumping Rivera so he could promote his incompetent friend Babich to Bears DC, Lovie has been fired twice to cement his "legacy" as a loser. Karma's a bitch.

A good and pretty unbiased post given it's only 1 day after your team lost in the Super Bowl

What I'll say about my thinking $cam is a punk is that I've thought it well before his post game press conference.  He was a punk in college, he's been a punk as a pro.  A big part of that is what you touched on with publicly mocking teams for not being able to stop their celebrations and then acting like a little baby when a team does stop them from celebrating.  But it also has to do with things like this:

http://www.wtvm.com/story/30625491/video-cam-newton-to-bama-heckler-ill-slapyou-for-180k-comment

I get it, it's not easy to always have a spotlight on you and to not have a moment of frustration, but that's part of being who you are, an MVP candidate and one of the biggest stars/faces of the NFL.  You have to know that cameras are ALWAYS going to be on you in public.  Telling a fan who mocked you at a big rivalry game that you're going to "slap the sh!t" out of him is a punk thing to do.  It should come as no surprise that at an Alabama vs. Auburn football game, an Alabama fan would yell something at Cam walking by, and it should come as no surprise that his reaction was caught on camera.

I wonder if Eng things Rodgers would tell a fan he'll slap the sh!t out of a heckler at the Stanford vs. Cal game or rip down a sign in Lambeau Field if a Panther fan hung a sign on the tunnel.

He certainly does seem to be great with young fans of his, which is truly awesome, but he also does things like rip down other fans signs if they aren't about him, etc.  Again, a punk move.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 10:15:13 AM by wadesworld »

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2016, 10:18:07 AM »
He certainly does seem to be great with young fans of his, which is truly awesome, but he also does things like rip down other fans signs if they aren't about him, etc.  Again, a punk move.

He didn't want an opposing team's sign in his home stadium so he tore it down. It had nothing to do with the sign not being about him. If a Packer player did that, GB fans would think it was awesome. Rodgers wouldn't do it though because he's far too image-conscious.

Honestly, I feel like you simply don't like Cam so you're trying to find reasons to justify it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 10:20:00 AM by MerrittsMustache »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2016, 10:25:48 AM »

I've worked with the Mannings for a decade because of his relationship with Directv.  Never came across as a douche nozzle.  We spend days with these guys on shoots, etc. 

Just my two cents.  I was cheering for him to win and I can tell you being in that stadium it felt 80% were behind him and the Broncos.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2016, 10:34:21 AM »
Honestly, based upon the trancript of Newton at the presser, I can't fault him for what he said.  He shouldn't have walked out, but his answers -- as difficult to hear as they were -- weren't bad for a losing QB.  And they showed the humility of basically admitting that they got their asses kicked.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2016, 10:34:39 AM »
I'm actually surprised at the Cotchery catch controversy.  We can all argue about the rule but like 82 said I said "No catch' after seeing it once.  The nose of the football impacted the ground causing it to ride up onto his hip in an 'uncontrolled' fashion.  It had been called incomplete on the field.  And we did not have a view of his controlling hand remaining firmly on the ball during that time.  To overturn you'd need video evidence of him actually controlling it continuously through the process.  None exists.  Call on the field stands.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2016, 10:35:31 AM »
I've worked with the Mannings for a decade because of his relationship with Directv.  Never came across as a douche nozzle.  We spend days with these guys on shoots, etc. 

Just my two cents.  I was cheering for him to win and I can tell you being in that stadium it felt 80% were behind him and the Broncos.

I think he was specifically referring to his marital extra-curriculars which are widely known.  My old coworkers on Gatorade had plenty of stories from his Indy days.  Does that make him a douche nozzle, especially if there was an understanding with his wife as has been often mentioned?  Well, that's gonna vary from person to person.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2016, 10:37:32 AM »
A good and pretty unbiased post given it's only 1 day after your team lost in the Super Bowl

What I'll say about my thinking $cam is a punk is that I've thought it well before his post game press conference.  He was a punk in college, he's been a punk as a pro.  A big part of that is what you touched on with publicly mocking teams for not being able to stop their celebrations and then acting like a little baby when a team does stop them from celebrating.  But it also has to do with things like this:

http://www.wtvm.com/story/30625491/video-cam-newton-to-bama-heckler-ill-slapyou-for-180k-comment

I get it, it's not easy to always have a spotlight on you and to not have a moment of frustration, but that's part of being who you are, an MVP candidate and one of the biggest stars/faces of the NFL.  You have to know that cameras are ALWAYS going to be on you in public.  Telling a fan who mocked you at a big rivalry game that you're going to "slap the sh!t" out of him is a punk thing to do.  It should come as no surprise that at an Alabama vs. Auburn football game, an Alabama fan would yell something at Cam walking by, and it should come as no surprise that his reaction was caught on camera.

I wonder if Eng things Rodgers would tell a fan he'll slap the sh!t out of a heckler at the Stanford vs. Cal game or rip down a sign in Lambeau Field if a Panther fan hung a sign on the tunnel.

I still think it is wrong to make judgments based on a couple of rather minor things over his 5-year pro career, but I know it's human nature to do so, and I've been guilty of it myself.

When I think of "punks" to have played QB in the NFL in the last couple decades, I think of Manziel, Leaf, McNown, McMahon, Vick, etc.

From all I know about Cam, which is a lot, he has more class in his pinky than guys like that have ever had. And more than most of today's stars, too.

It doesn't mean he can't work to be a better man. We all can. (Or in the case of chick, a better chick!)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2016, 10:47:10 AM »
Drew Magary has a pretty  entertaining  take:

http://deadspin.com/peyton-manning-can-eat-crap-1757781250
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback