Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mc-did-it.  (Read 12461 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Mc-did-it.
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2023, 08:29:59 AM »
Need to raise the price of beer.  If you paid $15 for that sucker, you aren't chucking it at the opposing team.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2023, 08:37:05 AM »
I heard the Creighton fans threw things at the Marquette players as they left the floor after the game.   McDermott had to go into the MU locker room to apologize.  I guess they did the same thing to Villinova.  Evidently, the nicest fans in America only applies to Nebraska Football fans.  Creighton is becoming my most hated fan base in the Big East.

Most Creighton fans are pretty level headed in general.  But you have that group of 20-somethings that go to the games and spend more time drinking than watching the game and become complete morons when they lose.  But there is no doubt that they are the whiniest fan base in the Big East.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2023, 08:41:00 AM »
Kolek 'em, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2023, 08:48:43 AM »
Any reports of burning couches in Omahaville?

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2023, 08:50:53 AM »
OMax cost us at least 8 points with careless ball handling or bad footwork.
Completely agree. At one point I was wondering why Shaka was keeping him in. In my mind he was the worst MU rotation player by a wide margin last night. I also thought that flop of his that got the foul called was a joke. Still a great win.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2023, 09:01:58 AM »
Any reports of burning couches in Omahaville?

No, but maybe Warren Buffet will be buying out McDermott's contract, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2023, 09:07:10 AM »
Most Creighton fans are pretty level headed in general.  But you have that group of 20-somethings that go to the games and spend more time drinking than watching the game and become complete morons when they lose.  But there is no doubt that they are the whiniest fan base in the Big East.

Maybe so, but we should at least consider others for that award. Of course, Marquette is exempt.

Providence, Seton Hall (in the past), UCONN? Anyone else?
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2023, 09:09:25 AM »
Completely agree. At one point I was wondering why Shaka was keeping him in. In my mind he was the worst MU rotation player by a wide margin last night. I also thought that flop of his that got the foul called was a joke. Still a great win.
Add up the combined bench minutes and contributions.   Then  say 22-6.  You'll figure it out.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 09:11:26 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2023, 09:14:12 AM »
I heard the Creighton fans threw things at the Marquette players as they left the floor after the game.   McDermott had to go into the MU locker room to apologize.  I guess they did the same thing to Villinova.  Evidently, the nicest fans in America only applies to Nebraska Football fans.  Creighton is becoming my most hated fan base in the Big East.

McDermott also started his press conference with some pretty strong comments on that.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2023, 09:45:23 AM »
Need to raise the price of beer.  If you paid $15 for that sucker, you aren't chucking it at the opposing team.

I agree with this analysis.

panda

• All American
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2023, 09:47:25 AM »
We're on an awesome run. We're finding ways to win close games - something we couldn't do earlier in the season. Players roles are defined and the fight never stops. The growth from an individual and team level is incredible. 

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2023, 10:11:19 AM »
Shaka earned every cent MU pays him this season tonight alone.
Whatever Kolek is getting paid ain't enough
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2023, 10:12:37 AM »
As Kolek would say, F#@k em.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

jesmu84

• All American
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 01:06:09 PM by rocky_warrior »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2023, 01:20:36 PM »
https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3457104/tyler-koleks-big-balls-and-telling-everyone-to-fuck-off-the-simple-reason-why-marquette-is-the-biggest-surprise-in-college-hoops

Fantastic:

I still don't truly understand it...This Marquette team shouldn't be good. They overachieved a year ago and lost Morsell, Lewis, Elliot and Kurath. But now Marquette is going to win the Big East. They are going to be like a 2 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

It's all because Tyler Kolek is a gigantic pretty boy. I mean that as a compliment too. He doesn't give a crap about who he's playing or what Marquette was 'supposed' to be. More importantly he's at least a personality. We need more of this in college basketball. Tell the media to unnatural carnal knowledge off for voting you 9th. Talk about your gigantic balls. He deserves it at this point.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 01:25:02 PM by StillAWarrior »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2023, 01:27:25 PM »
Fantastic:

I still don't truly understand it...This Marquette team shouldn't be good. They overachieved a year ago and lost Morsell, Lewis, Elliot and Kurath. But now Marquette is going to win the Big East. They are going to be like a 2 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

It's all because Tyler Kolek is a gigantic pretty boy. I mean that as a compliment too. He doesn't give a crap about who he's playing or what Marquette was 'supposed' to be. More importantly he's at least a personality. We need more of this in college basketball. Tell the media to unnatural carnal knowledge off for voting you 9th. Talk about your gigantic balls. He deserves it at this point.

It sure didn't say "pretty boy". 

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2023, 01:30:11 PM »
It sure didn't say "pretty boy".

True. Gotta love our 'Scoop filters.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2023, 01:56:45 PM »
True. Gotta love our 'Scoop filters.

"Gigantic a**hole".

What filters?   :D

Marqevans

• All American
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2023, 04:10:56 PM »
I agree..feel like we got bailed out a little on the call on the inbound play to Kam...that was a pretty minor/tick-tack foul they called on Nembhard, and then it was possible an official could have called Kam for a foul on Scheireman's last second heave.  Brutal play there..gotta be smarter.

We had some dumb fouls/plays tonight, yet still won.
Nembard literally held Kam by the waist to prevent him from moving before the foul was called.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2023, 05:26:27 PM »
Nembard literally held Kam by the waist to prevent him from moving before the foul was called.

This ^^^^^^^

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2023, 06:29:03 PM »

Absolutely held around the waist interfering with his move to get the ball

tower912

• All American
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2023, 08:18:14 PM »
There was a subtle play in last night's game that I don't recall seeing ever before.  I have been pondering the implications all day.
   When Creighton was in their zone, Oso got the ball a stride to the outside of the elbow.   No defender shifted toward him.  In fact, the Creighton defender on top nearest him was looking for cutters.  Kalkbrenner did not leave the middle. Low wing defender stayed with the corner shooter.
   I cannot remember a zone not shifting toward the ball.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2023, 08:35:59 PM »
There was a subtle play in last night's game that I don't recall seeing ever before.  I have been pondering the implications all day.
   When Creighton was in their zone, Oso got the ball a stride to the outside of the elbow.   No defender shifted toward him.  In fact, the Creighton defender on top nearest him was looking for cutters.  Kalkbrenner did not leave the middle. Low wing defender stayed with the corner shooter.
   I cannot remember a zone not shifting toward the ball.

Oso’s going to be shooting a lot of 10-15 footers this off-season.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2023, 08:54:17 PM »
Oso’s going to be shooting a lot of 10-15 footers this off-season.

We said that last offseason as well and he hasn’t even brought out a beta version version of an elbow jumper.   

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2023, 09:11:32 PM »
I haven't seen this posted before, but this is the best angle on that last foul I have seen.

https://twitter.com/sm_guti/status/1628558602523770880

Anyone who says this isn't a foul is straight up delusional.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 09:13:28 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.