* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by brewcity77
[Today at 07:46:52 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 06:44:02 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU v UNC  (Read 11117 times)

Silent Verbal

• All American
Re: MU v UNC
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2021, 04:28:04 PM »
Wow, this is awesome.  Happy to admit I was completely wrong about our willingness to schedule a competitive game during the buy week.  Even though UNC is down this year, it took stones for Wojo and the Athletic Department to make this happen.  Props to them.

Should be a fun, competitive game pitting a UNC team with a lot to prove against a Marquette squad who’s fighting for a last chance to get back in the Tournament conversation.  Think this will be a memorable game and very much look forward to watching.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 06:00:00 PM by Silent Verbal »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2021, 05:13:52 PM »
My wife and I are thinking about trying to get to NC for the game if we can somehow get a couple of the few tickets available. If anyone here has or finds info regarding admittance, please PM me. I will be searching the net but any ideas are welcome. We have had both shots of Pfizer so not worried about Covid.

I will be in Charlottesville on Wednesday for an afternoon appointment with my cardiologist. Maybe I can reschedule so that it will be only about a 2 1/2 hr drive from our home rather than 3 1/2 hr. from Cville but if she knew that I was planning to go to a bball game she might tell me to stay home! Maybe I will ask her how safe I am for a bout of stress.

Anyone else going to try to go?
Contact 82.   I think he is in the neighborhood.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Boston Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2021, 05:40:31 PM »
Watching North Carolina vs louisville game

North Carolina has length..
6’4, 6’5, 6’8, 6’10 and 6’10
Davis and sharpe off the bench have talent.
They are the best rebounding team in acc

North Carolina needs the game for a ncaa berth.

Marquette will have to play very well to be in the game.

I am glad we’re playing the game, but it won’t be easy!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2021, 05:57:35 PM »
Contact 82.   I think he is in the neighborhood.

My very first thought was, "Can I go to this game?"

But I've decided that it's not worth the effort in a pandemic -- Charlotte is a 3 hour drive from Chapel Hill. I'm not even sure if they're letting in fans; I think I remember that they aren't but maybe they've updated that.

I'm already looking forward to the pre-Thanksgiving event in Charleston next season, though.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2021, 06:06:13 PM »
My very first thought was, "Can I go to this game?"

But I've decided that it's not worth the effort in a pandemic -- Charlotte is a 3 hour drive from Chapel Hill. I'm not even sure if they're letting in fans; I think I remember that they aren't but maybe they've updated that.

I'm already looking forward to the pre-Thanksgiving event in Charleston next season, though.
[/quote

I am watching the UNC Lville game and see that they are playing in a gym rather than an arena and there are no fans whatsoever. So....it was a real stretch to begin with but there's absolutely no way. UNC is blowing out Lville. Let's hope that makes them over confident on Wednesday.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2021, 08:31:43 PM »
This game will prove what I have been saying all along. MU does not have a lot of talent.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2021, 08:36:24 PM »
This game will prove what I have been saying all along. MU does not have a lot of talent.

I don’t think you need playing one of Roy’s worst teams at UNC to see that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cfollow

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2021, 08:42:29 PM »
I am all for this game being played. Anything that helps to embarrass Wojo in a more high profile way should be applauded. This will fit that bill.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2021, 08:47:05 PM »
I am all for this game being played. Anything that helps to embarrass Wojo in a more high profile way should be applauded. This will fit that bill.

He’s not going to be fired.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cfollow

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2021, 08:49:09 PM »
He’s not going to be fired.

Not a matter of if, just when. This should help expedite the process.

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2021, 09:01:29 PM »
Not a matter of if, just when. This should help expedite the process.

He won’t be fired after this season. He would have to take another job for him to be gone.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2021, 11:13:27 PM »

Look at me! I'm a Marquette fan and I hope we not only lose all of our games but that we get embarrassed on ESPN! I'm a better Marquette fan than all the suckers who actually want our favorite team to win!

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2021, 12:13:46 AM »
Look at me! I'm a Marquette fan and I hope we not only lose all of our games but that we get embarrassed on ESPN! I'm a better Marquette fan than all the suckers who actually want our favorite team to win!
Look at me! I’m a Marquette fan and I hope we win a couple meaningless games every season to protect any remaining excuse the BOT has to retain the failure coaching staff, further delaying any legitimate rebuild and allowing the program to fall deeper and deeper into a quagmire of irrelevance from which it may never escape! I’m a better Marquette fan than all the suckers concerned with the long-term health of the program! Go MU beat Georgetown!

See how easy that was?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2021, 12:27:59 AM »
Look at me! I’m a Marquette fan and I hope we win a couple meaningless games every season to protect any remaining excuse the BOT has to retain the failure coaching staff, further delaying any legitimate rebuild and allowing the program to fall deeper and deeper into a quagmire of irrelevance from which it may never escape! I’m a better Marquette fan than all the suckers concerned with the long-term health of the program! Go MU beat Georgetown!

See how easy that was?

Coming from a guy who started a thread saying they wanted to be DePaul, MU becoming irrelevant sounds like exactly what you’re hoping for.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2021, 12:31:28 AM »
Coming from a guy who started a thread saying they wanted to be DePaul, MU becoming irrelevant sounds like exactly what you’re hoping for.
We’re already irrelevant Wades. Hate to break it to you.

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2021, 06:46:45 AM »

See how easy that was?

Just enjoy the games we have.  Nothing we do on Scoop is going to make a difference in who is coaching the team.  And he's not getting fired anyway.

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2021, 07:53:34 AM »

82 - When is the pre-season tournament in Charleston?  This is the first that I caught it.  That's a fantastic place to spend a couple days!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2021, 07:59:09 AM »

See how easy that was?

Except that's not what I or just about any other Scoopers are saying. We want our alma mater to win basketball games because we like to see our alma mater win basketball games.

You, on the other hand, are actively rooting for them to lose. And not just now -- you've been doing it all season. Congratulations! You must be so happy we've lost more than we've won. That's a real "achievement" for you.

And if Wojo returns next season, you will spend the entirety of it rooting for your "favorite team" to go 0-31. It's a great way to go through life. Enjoy!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2021, 07:59:49 AM »
About a 8 point dog in Haslam and not yet listed in KPom. Six points in TRank.

https://haslametrics.com/preview.php?yr=&tid1=561&tid2=329&neut=0

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2021, 08:11:20 AM »
82 - When is the pre-season tournament in Charleston?  This is the first that I caught it.  That's a fantastic place to spend a couple days!

According to the website, it is Thu 11/18, Fri 11/19 and Sun 11/21.

https://espnevents.com/charleston-classic/

Field reportedly includes Marquette, West Virginia, Clemson, Temple, Boise State and St. Bonaventure, two others.

I looked up the 2019 title game and tip-off was 8:30 p.m. Kinda sucks, because it means one more overnight, but as you said, Charleston's a pretty fun place to stay. Great eating town, excellent brewery (Edmund's Oast), and just a cool vibe.

We've already booked our hotel room with a cancel-able reservation.

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2021, 08:15:48 AM »

Field reportedly includes Marquette, West Virginia, Clemson, Temple, Boise State and St. Bonaventure, two others.

I looked up the 2019 title game and tip-off was 8:30 p.m. Kinda sucks, because it means one more overnight, but as you said, Charleston's a pretty fun place to stay. Great eating town, excellent brewery (Edmund's Oast), and just a cool vibe.

Thanks!  All the ingredients for a great (extended) weekend!

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2021, 08:23:34 AM »
This is a really well done job by the Athletic Department and Wojo. Couldn’t have been easy, but a really quality game on short notice.

I just wish it would have happened when I had a chance to go. Got to go to the Dean Dome once and it was a blast.
Great job by Wojo-Dukiet? Cmon man. Slurp something else. The guy has not done a great job since the PowerPoint
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2021, 08:47:14 AM »
Except that's not what I or just about any other Scoopers are saying. We want our alma mater to win basketball games because we like to see our alma mater win basketball games.
Such a myopic POV.

Obviously I want Marquette to win. But it’s been proven that we can’t win the way we should with this coach. It’s also been at least indicated that the BOT is looking for ANY reason to justify retaining Wojo. Those two facts combined mean the only thing that can bring the program back to relevance is losing to the point where we force the BOT’s hands. Don’t blame me, blame the complacent Board or Wojo - who should know by now he’s generally overstayed his welcome.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2021, 09:32:39 AM »

Palmetto Brewing is pretty good also!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2021, 10:00:07 AM »
Such a myopic POV.

Obviously I want Marquette to win. But it’s been proven that we can’t win the way we should with this coach. It’s also been at least indicated that the BOT is looking for ANY reason to justify retaining Wojo. Those two facts combined mean the only thing that can bring the program back to relevance is losing to the point where we force the BOT’s hands. Don’t blame me, blame the complacent Board or Wojo - who should know by now he’s generally overstayed his welcome.

Blame others for your own outlook. Beautiful.

You control your own actions, thoughts and words. If we lose Wednesday, you'll be happy. If we lose big, you'll be giddy. Bravo!

Meanwhile, I'll have the temerity to root for us to win. All of us who will be doing that ... we're such terrible fans, I know.

We Are Marquette! (most of us, anyway.)