collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: EV's  (Read 21652 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: EV's
« Reply #575 on: Today at 06:22:30 AM »
If I purchase a car, I'm driving it until either someone blasts the daylights out of it, or it basically dies on me. Dadgummit, I want my money's worth!

Foe example:

1975 Chevy Nova -- 125,000 miles. Sold because I didn't need it anymore.
1981 Buick Skylak -- GM "X" Car. Absolute piece of crap, fell apart at 65,000.
1987 Ford Taurus -- Traded at 90,000 miles for a Mark VIII. OK car but didn't want the lack of reliability at the time.
1994 Lincoln Mark VIII -- 153,000 miles and the air bag suspension failed.
2005 Nissan Maxima -- 86,000 miles. Kept it until I was blasted by a woman who ran a stop light.
2008 VW Eos -- Still going strong, 103,000 miles. Great toy.
2011 Buick Enclave -- 156,000 miles -- Kept it until the transmission, computer and air conditioning gave out.
2012 Buick LaCrosse -- 86,000 miles. Kept until my wife said we had too many cars. Sold for $11,000.
2015 BMW 5 Series -- 50,300 miles. Will have for another decade.
2023 Nissan Murano -- leased, 9,000 miles. Overpriced residual. Unless Nissan negotiates, will be gone at the end of the lease and we will purchase the same car at a lower price. Should last 150,000 miles.

So people do hold for the car's lifetime. That's the only way I buy new (or gently used).

Amateur numbers.  Current build vehicles should run 300k minimum.  More if you're interested in replacing more things. :P

MU82

• All American
« Reply #576 on: Today at 10:25:35 AM »
From Fortune:

In California, where there are Teslas as far as the eye can see and rapid charging stations aplenty, new drivers are opting out of the $605 billion Elon Musk–led car universe.

Among the top three passenger cars sold in California in the first quarter this year, Elon Musk’s Tesla Model 3 dropped from first place to third, behind the Toyota Camry and the Honda Civic, according to the California New Car Dealers Association’s first quarter auto outlook on Monday. Toyota was the top brand in California this quarter, notching a 9.3% increase in registrations, followed by Honda, which marked an 18.6% rise so far this year. Tesla registrations have dropped in California year to date, with a 7.8% drop in the first quarter, following a 9.8% drop in the last quarter of 2023.

California makes up 32.5% of registrations of battery electric vehicles in the U.S., and the sluggish popularity of Tesla among new-car registrants comes at a particularly vulnerable time for Tesla as a company and for its CEO. Musk is facing significant pressure from investors who want to see him adopt the norms of a more traditional CEO, step back from his grandiose social media presence, and provide a more concrete timeline for producing an affordably priced Tesla. The company reported last week that revenues dropped 9%, which was its largest drop since 2012, while net income dropped a whopping 55% in the first quarter. Three of its top executives, including well-known insider Drew Baglino, resigned in the space of two weeks, which further rattled investors.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #577 on: Today at 10:38:44 AM »
From Fortune:

In California, where there are Teslas as far as the eye can see and rapid charging stations aplenty, new drivers are opting out of the $605 billion Elon Musk–led car universe.

Among the top three passenger cars sold in California in the first quarter this year, Elon Musk’s Tesla Model 3 dropped from first place to third, behind the Toyota Camry and the Honda Civic, according to the California New Car Dealers Association’s first quarter auto outlook on Monday. Toyota was the top brand in California this quarter, notching a 9.3% increase in registrations, followed by Honda, which marked an 18.6% rise so far this year. Tesla registrations have dropped in California year to date, with a 7.8% drop in the first quarter, following a 9.8% drop in the last quarter of 2023.

California makes up 32.5% of registrations of battery electric vehicles in the U.S., and the sluggish popularity of Tesla among new-car registrants comes at a particularly vulnerable time for Tesla as a company and for its CEO. Musk is facing significant pressure from investors who want to see him adopt the norms of a more traditional CEO, step back from his grandiose social media presence, and provide a more concrete timeline for producing an affordably priced Tesla. The company reported last week that revenues dropped 9%, which was its largest drop since 2012, while net income dropped a whopping 55% in the first quarter. Three of its top executives, including well-known insider Drew Baglino, resigned in the space of two weeks, which further rattled investors.

You don’t understand the brilliant gambits of Elon
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.