[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Question: Is Buzz the worst dressed coach in BE or NCAA?  (Read 8287 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Question: Is Buzz the worst dressed coach in BE or NCAA?
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2009, 08:46:39 AM »
LOL, sounds like an article that fat lazy people would gobble up.  Hah.

Listen, I didn't even ready the article (bad me...), but I don't know anybody that exercises daily and is still overweight.  Well, I should say "does cardio exercise daily".  I know plenty of people that lift, and still have a gut.

It's an interesting article describing a medical study.  I'd guess that the people that do quite a bit of cardio are also making other good life choices including eating healthy and in smaller portions.

Speaking of food... is all of this talk about cupcakes all month making anyone else hungry? 

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 08:47:51 AM »
One thing that doesn't compute is .. Buzz is overweight, yet he ran what, 500 miles this summer for his "challenge"?  Running 5-8 miles a day, you'd think would drop him 20 pounds.   That, plus he's hardly a couch potato .. I imagine he is super active through the day.   Don't quite get the persistent thickness, unless his food intake is redonkulus.

What skatastrophy said.  The only way to lose weight is to consume less calories than you need.  Here's a different twist from the NY Times.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/04/phys-ed-why-doesnt-exercise-lead-to-weight-loss/?scp=5&sq=exercise&st=cse

Look at it this way... let's assume each Sweet Tea contains around 100-200 calories (McDonald's Sweet Tea has 230 calories).  If Buzz drinks 8 of those a day, he's somewhere between 40-80% of his necessary caloric intake (assuming 2000 calories) without having a single meal.  

PS - I think Buzz "over-dresses", but other than not wearing an undershirt, he's not a terrible dresser.  He doesn't look as sharp as he probably thinks he does.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 08:51:55 AM by Henry Sugar »
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 09:17:33 AM »
Yeah, I get that, and suggested it in my post.  His food intake must have increased to meet his exercise burn, netting zero weight loss.  That's a shame.

.. One wonders if it is those sweet teas.  A friend of mine (MU '90) one day decided to give up the 5-6 sodas he was drinking each day.  Dropped a ton of weight.  Looks like a teenager now, kinda gangly. 

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 10:15:42 AM »
the article is making the assumption that people's belief is that exercise = weight loss, no matter what. You can eat a lot of green salads and oatmeal and lose some weight. you can embark on a marine boot camp exercise program and lose some weight. or you could do the sane and rational thing which is to combine a healthy diet with regular exercise.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2009, 10:17:35 AM »
For a guy doing that much cardio, its pretty crazy for him not to lose weight. Other than food, two other factors to consider... Stress and lack of sleep. Studies have shown that both lack of sleep and high stress levels are contributing factors in weight gain.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2009, 11:41:54 AM »
There's something inherently wrong about people who post to college basketball message boards discussing fashion.  It's tantamount to the Project Runway cast discussing MU Hoops.

There's a reason that Tim Gunn is not a color analyst for ESPN and there's a reason that none of us should be discussing what another guy is wearing.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2009, 11:49:34 AM »
For a guy doing that much cardio, its pretty crazy for him not to lose weight. Other than food, two other factors to consider... Stress and lack of sleep. Studies have shown that both lack of sleep and high stress levels are contributing factors in weight gain.

Cardio isn't necessarily an effective way to not look pudgy.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2009, 12:11:07 PM »
If the guy has got OCD he's probably taking medication for it which can throw your metabolism out of whack.   

That's the only thing I can think of for doing that much cardio and not losing weight, unless he eats like a horse.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2009, 12:19:51 PM »
Pretty sure Buzz doesn't have OCD since that guy is a spot up shooter and can play the post.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2009, 12:22:18 PM »

Cardio isn't necessarily an effective way to not look pudgy.

After losing 65 pounds this summer and training for a marathon I can tell you that nutrition is 70% of losing weight.   I can go for a 8 mile run but that's burning about 800 calories or cut out the 1,600 calorie whopper and fries and replace it with a 400 calorie option and that's equivalent to running 12 miles.  

Calorie restriction is the main part of losing weight in my experience.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2009, 12:22:39 PM »
Underactive thyroid. If a person's thyroid gland is not producing enough thyroid hormone, he typically gains weight owing to a slower than natural metabolism. Given his work ethic I wouldn't be surprised if he has a "stressed" endocrine system and thus weak adrenals and thyroid hormone production.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2009, 12:25:37 PM »
How that be? Buzz has a bunch of kids so all systems must be a go.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2009, 12:26:07 PM »
His style will never work in Milwaukee. Just not sure its a good fit. Personally, I don't think he turns out that bad but agree with above that he's fat and if he lost weight no one would comment on attire.

Of course, the tan suit must go if he's gonna stay that big and sweat that much.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2009, 12:28:40 PM »
Dietary sugars get metabolized way too easily and are turned into body fat.

Is there any sugar in sweet tea?   ::)
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2009, 12:39:04 PM »
How that be? Buzz has a bunch of kids so all systems must be a go.

You can have a stressed endocrine system and still reproduce, especially as a male. Women tend to have more problems though, and a baby can have developmental issues if the mother isn't producing enough thyroid hormones.

Also, the androgen hormones tend to differ from others in terms of people's health. Testosterone, etc. He could have healthy androgen production but poor thyroid hormone production.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2009, 12:41:17 PM »
Can anyone read this pathetic thread and still complain about people bringing up Tom Crean in others?

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2009, 12:56:09 PM »
Can anyone read this pathetic thread and still complain about people bringing up Tom Crean in others?

Are we that critical of our coaches. It's not like Buzz is the best looking guy but I'd rather have him be able to coach than be tan, have a six-pack, or pull down his pants in front of his players (aka Mike Singletary).
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2009, 05:06:44 PM »
Anyone have a picture? I didn't get to watch the game last night, and I can't find any on J-S or ESPN.

bs4173

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2009, 05:23:59 PM »
Anyone have a picture? I didn't get to watch the game last night, and I can't find any on J-S or ESPN.

Not a picture, but here's the link for the press conference where he's wearing everything but the dark jacket. http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/112409aaa.html

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2009, 07:16:38 PM »
There's something inherently wrong about people who post to college basketball message boards discussing fashion.  It's tantamount to the Project Runway cast discussing MU Hoops.

There's a reason that Tim Gunn is not a color analyst for ESPN and there's a reason that none of us should be discussing what another guy is wearing.

as the husband of a wife that whatches that show thanks for the chuckle

feedback