[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Erik Williams......  (Read 6770 times)

tower912

• All American
Erik Williams......
« on: November 24, 2009, 05:47:59 AM »
Your table is ready.       More EWill, more Jmay, as much Yous as he can play.     Motherpussbucket*&^@^$!@#$@#$^$%&&^(*(&*)    I, too, goof when I type too fast. 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 05:36:07 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
Re: Eric Williams......
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 07:44:42 AM »
I agree, after the Otule news, we are going to need to have EWill get more minutes.  Hopefully he practices well and can get on the court.   

sellit07

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 07:56:21 AM »
I was just talking to my brother-in-law this weekend asking me why Erik Williams did not get redshirted. I told him if anyone got injured we would need him to help provide for us. I did not think a injury would come so soon if at all.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 08:10:58 AM »
I was just talking to my brother-in-law this weekend asking me why Erik Williams did not get redshirted. I told him if anyone got injured we would need him to help provide for us. I did not think a injury would come so soon if at all.

except that you can take off the redshirt anytime.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 11:10:29 AM »
No crap.

In fact, EWill may possess better blocking skills than Otule. POSSESS...key word.

HE ran the court fairly well and got open for dunks. I'm glad he has the balls to take it up strong.
Otule will settle for a layup.
SS Marquette

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 11:36:10 AM »
I think Maymon will need to step up whether Hayward and/or Butler get in foul trouble as we have seen and now that Otule is out for the season. Yous will not be able to contribute much this year and he was picked up in the knowledge that he is a project.

Maymon is a big body and I would like to see him get more minutes.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 11:44:18 AM »
Your table is ready.       More EWill, more Jmay, as much Yous as he can play.     Motherpussbucket*&^@^$!@#$@#$^$%&&^(*(&*)

Outside of one less body, I think Otule being out is not a disater. I did not expect much,, if anything, from him anyway. This may give Maymon or Williams a shot to really step up.

sellit07

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 11:45:17 AM »
Maymon will get more minutes but he has to protect the ball better and not get blocked all the time. The other thing is he needs to work hard all the time because at times it seems like he takes plays off. I really want him to succeed but I understand he has a lot of pressure on his shoulders because if there is one recruit that was brought in this year it was him that everyone knew about and expected to be good.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 11:56:05 AM »
The key problem is not on offense its on defense.

Otule was the one guy we had who has the bulk to be able to hold position in the post against some of the high major bigs we will face.

Maymon might also be able to do it but he is only 6'6 and as of now is making too many mistakes to stay on the floor for more then 2 minutes at a time.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 12:03:53 PM »
The other thing is he needs to work hard all the time because at times it seems like he takes plays off.

That is true. He seemed to be in Buzz' doghouse early on when he first started practicing and hopefully when they practice he is playing against Lazar I feel like he would benefit from it.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 01:39:35 PM »
Agree on Maymon stepping up. I've really watched him closely during the games and he doesn't seem to have much intensity when he does get in, and he seem pretty "pouty" when he gets taken out. The other thing I noticed, and someone pointed it out on a different thread yesterday, is his seemingly lack of hops. He has gotten stuffed more than a few times inside, and he is always looking to lay the ball up on the block. This is an absolute 180˚ difference with EWill (and somebody else last game) who easily cranked down the dunk on the block almost effortlessly. I like EWill's potential and hoping Maymon gets meaner and more aggressive. More playing time should help both.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 02:51:13 PM »
Agree on Maymon stepping up. I've really watched him closely during the games and he doesn't seem to have much intensity when he does get in, and he seem pretty "pouty" when he gets taken out. The other thing I noticed, and someone pointed it out on a different thread yesterday, is his seemingly lack of hops. He has gotten stuffed more than a few times inside, and he is always looking to lay the ball up on the block. This is an absolute 180˚ difference with EWill (and somebody else last game) who easily cranked down the dunk on the block almost effortlessly. I like EWill's potential and hoping Maymon gets meaner and more aggressive. More playing time should help both.

Remember though that Maymon was absolutely dominating players the last couple of years at the high school level.  He probably didn't have to bring his A game night in/night out so there is some adjustment to the intensity level and realizing that pure athletic talent alone can't win the day even against mid-majors.  He might not figure that out, but I fully believe by the time conference rolls around he will be a completely different player than he is right now and I mean that in a good way.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 03:20:06 PM »
I'm not a stickler for grammar, but can we at least spell our own players' names correctly . . . It's Erik

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 03:25:48 PM »
I'm not a stickler for grammar, but can we at least spell our own players' names correctly . . . It's Erik

That is like saying I'm not a fan of swearing, but that guy is an A s s h o l e.

(take that profanity filter!)

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 03:30:02 PM »
That is like saying I'm not a fan of swearing, but that guy is an A s s h o l e.

(take that profanity filter!)

I disagree - I couldn't care less if people don't use punctuation, use "reoccuring" instead of "recurring", or mispell a player's name due to a typo, but I do think we should be able to spell the names of our players.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 03:34:12 PM »
I disagree - I couldn't care less if people don't use punctuation, use "reoccuring" instead of "recurring", or mispell a player's name due to a typo, but I do think we should be able to spell the names of our players.

It appears copious is being honest (see 'mispell' above). 

At any rate, I say more Ful is what may come out of this more than anything.  Length... and take advantage of athleticism. 

JMM is in the same position he's been in - if he performs well, he will get all the time in the world. 

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 03:34:38 PM »

Your response would have been funny had you put "could care less" ... ;)

VwArrior1

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 03:35:26 PM »
Ive said it before, and I'll say it again.  By season's end EWill will be the best of ALL the newcomers.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »
Ive said it before, and I'll say it again.  By season's end EWill will be the best of ALL the newcomers.

And that might mean something to us if you were MU AVENUE.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 03:55:28 PM »
With all due respect, '02 has a point.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2009, 05:11:58 PM »
My gut says you're right on. Anyone else think he looks like a taller Joe Chapman?

OhioGoldenEagle

• Team Captain
Re: Erik Williams......
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2009, 06:17:24 PM »
I have to agree with 2 things here.....

1.  we should be able to spell their names correctly

2.  EWill is going to be the best newcomer by years end.  JMay just doesn't seem to get it at this point.  In EWil's short stint the other night, he was able to show more than anything JMay has in 3 games.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
Re: Erik Williams......
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 06:36:35 PM »
Never apologize for insisting on accurate spelling!  As to the topic, I'd like to see more of Fulce.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 07:25:02 PM »
+1

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Doctor V

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2009, 09:13:35 PM »

hes got quite a bit of work to do. now i can see why buzz didnt play him the other day. DJO and buycks are head and shoulders above the others- what a difference a yr in JUCO makes

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2009, 09:16:28 PM »
hes got quite a bit of work to do. now i can see why buzz didnt play him the other day. DJO and buycks are head and shoulders above the others- what a difference a yr in JUCO makes

Two years for Dwight.  DJO is a true talent.  I like Erik's length... just going to take a little time.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.