Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New 2024 Committment According to Ben Steele: Joshua Clark  (Read 8850 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: New 2024 Committment According to Ben Steele: Joshua Clark
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2024, 11:53:55 AM »
He certainly won't during this offseason.   If there are unexpected departures, he may rethink it.   Until then, recruit, retain, develop.    Kickin it old school.
As we’ve discussed, Shaka is going to great lengths to avoid “unexpected departures” to anywhere other than the professional ranks.
His approach is based upon known departures.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2024, 11:56:18 AM »
Shhhh…some scoopers don’t want to hear that.

I know it's become a Scoop meme at this point, but despite my love for Shaka, a hard-and-fast rule of "no transfer portal" is short-sighted.

I don't know how many here follow college football, but Clemson's Dabo Swinney is following this approach, believing team camaraderie and cohesiveness will carry the day. But it hasn't been working out for him.

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2024, 12:07:53 PM »
I know it's become a Scoop meme at this point, but despite my love for Shaka, a hard-and-fast rule of "no transfer portal" is short-sighted.

I don't know how many here follow college football, but Clemson's Dabo Swinney is following this approach, believing team camaraderie and cohesiveness will carry the day. But it hasn't been working out for him.

I understand what you are saying, but Dabo is the highest paid or one of the highest paid in the sport of college football at $15M a year. He also has the highest collective budget for his assistants. The highest paid assistant in country works at Clemson with a salary of $2m per year.  There are natty expectations with that salary especially since he has won 2 in the past pre NIL.

You also can't compare 125 player rosters with 85 scholarships to 13 scholarships where 10 people play max. This is comparing apples to oranges to say the least. Shaka has showed his system can work the last two years and we will see in another 2 years what exactly will happen.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2024, 12:34:26 PM »

And if he has a 3 player recruiting this season, the only way MU has an opening is if somebody leaves unexpectedly.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2024, 04:29:50 PM »

It's a good thing that Shaka doesn't have such a rigid rule.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2024, 04:30:50 PM »

There is no hard and fast rule. He's just very choosy about who takes in the portal and all other things being equal would take a high school recruit over a portal recruit
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #106 on: Today at 08:48:57 AM »
He certainly won't during this offseason.   If there are unexpected departures, he may rethink it.   Until then, recruit, retain, develop.    Kickin it old school.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #107 on: Today at 11:11:18 AM »
There is no hard and fast rule. He's just very choosy about who takes in the portal and all other things being equal would take a high school recruit over a portal recruit

you are right on. I'm sure he would take a transfer portal kid if the right one came along and wasn't making ridiculous financial demands, especially demands that could disrupt team chemistry. There's a reason we are one of the only D1 programs out of 360+ without a single player in the Portal.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #108 on: Today at 11:22:41 AM »
While I don't expect Shaka's teams to prioritize the glass, imagining a lineup in 2.5 years of 6'4" Norman, 6'5" (and seemingly a very good rebounder for his size) Lowery, 6'8" Damarius Owens, 6'8" Royce Parham, and any of 7' Joshua Clark/6'9" Al Amadou/6'9" Caedin Hamilton should ease some of the rebounding concerns.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuMark

• All American
« Last Edit: Today at 11:47:21 AM by MuMark »

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #110 on: Today at 11:38:18 AM »
While I don't expect Shaka's teams to prioritize the glass, imagining a lineup in 2.5 years of 6'4" Norman, 6'5" (and seemingly a very good rebounder for his size) Lowery, 6'8" Damarius Owens, 6'8" Royce Parham, and any of 7' Joshua Clark/6'9" Al Amadou/6'9" Caedin Hamilton should ease some of the rebounding concerns.

Been saying this to whomever listens. It seems like Shaka is prioritizing size. It reminds me of Dan Hurley after his first 2 years at UConn when they were mid to bottom of the conference and UConn fans were calling for his job. He decided he needed to get bigger, stronger and more athletic. And he did it with sub 50 recruits for the most part whom he developed. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #111 on: Today at 12:33:38 PM »
Really good interview with Josh from Dom and Dodds at 247

https://247sports.com/college/marquette/article/-here-is-our-2-on-1-interview-with-new-24-commit-7-0-c-joshua-clark-will-red-shirt-in-24-25-231754755/

“I have a mid-range game”

NOPE!

Seriously, he sounds like a bright kid who is coachable and hungry to improve. Looking forward to seeing how he develops.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #112 on: Today at 01:41:45 PM »
6'4 as a freshman, moved to texas between freshman and sophmore year. 6'7 as a sophomore, moved within Texas his sophomore to Junior year. 6'7 as a Junior playing behind a 7 footer who plays at Santa Clara. 7 foot as a senior. Near perfect season.

Yea, you bet on this profile.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #113 on: Today at 02:54:50 PM »
7'4" as a 19 year old Warrior.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #114 on: Today at 03:24:27 PM »
Marquette Wemby incoming.