[Today at 12:43:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MU82
[Today at 12:22:29 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Showtime Baylor Documentary  (Read 1179 times)

MUDPT

• All American
Showtime Baylor Documentary
« on: April 01, 2017, 07:11:34 AM »
Anybody else see it?  I sat up at the part where Dave Bliss had a players meeting to make sure all of the players had the same story (that he had fabricated), before talking to authorities.  I think I've heard that story before somewhere else.

Also, surprised Scott Drew is still there.  This story and the football program make Baylor look really, really dirty.  The documentary paints the picture that the lawyers (Baylor alums) for the accused, made a deal so Baylor wouldn't have to answer a lot of questions that would have come from the trial.

HouWarrior

• All American
Re: Showtime Baylor Documentary
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 01:55:17 PM »
This is worth a watch.

Many have forgotten the horrible Bliss story. Adding it to all the recent stuff I support severe almost death penalty NCAA sanctions. This school needs a big timeout to rethink its sports and mission
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 08:24:24 PM »
Kinda interesting that they hired Drew - who learned under daddy at Valpo - to clean up their image after the Bliss scandal.  Makes you wonder about Valpo's success over the years. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 08:28:04 PM »
Anybody know if it's being replayed at any point and what channel Showtime is on TWC/Spectrum in Milwaukee?

Thanks.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 09:26:46 PM »
Kinda interesting that they hired Drew - who learned under daddy at Valpo - to clean up their image after the Bliss scandal.  Makes you wonder about Valpo's success over the years. 

Are the Drews considered dirty?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 09:56:25 PM »
Are the Drews considered dirty?

In 2012, CBS sportswriters polled NCAA coaches - promising anonymity - asking who they perceived as the biggest cheaters in the sport. Scott Drew finished a close second to Calipari.  Nobody else was even close.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/19767908/critical-coaches-who-is-perceived-to-be-the-biggest-cheater-in-the-sport?clickid=xubSyMVjz3KrXyLUABRcWR5GUkh3BYUcETSZXs0&irgwc=1

As they say in the article, it doesn't prove anything...but yes, Scott is considered dirty by his peer group.

Don't know about his dad and brother, but it makes you wonder....
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 09:58:33 PM by GooooMarquette »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 11:58:06 AM »
And didn't Liberty hire a bunch of former Baylor people?

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 11:56:34 PM »
http://deadspin.com/dave-bliss-once-again-resigns-in-disgrace-1793977373

The amazing thing about this is holy crap someone hired Dave Bliss after this?

feedback