[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by brewcity77
[Today at 04:24:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 12:46:07 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I half blame  (Read 1982 times)

Guy Fieri's Dad

• Scholarship Player
I half blame
« on: March 18, 2010, 09:20:20 PM »
I rarely like to blame officials for losing a game but, they can take half of the blame for this one as that was one of poorest officiated games I have ever seen. Was anything we did not a foul?

Blackhat

• All American
Re: I half blame
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 09:21:41 PM »
Our defensive lapses weren't the officials fault.  This was just one of a few too many clunker defensive games we've had under Buzz.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 09:23:35 PM »
Our defensive lapses weren't the officials fault.  This was just one of a few too many clunker defensive games we've had under Buzz.
I generally agree with your posts - but not this one.  Can you cite why you thought this was a clunker defensive performance..or what defensive lapses took place against the Pac 10 Champ, and highest scoring team?  By computer rankings we were 28, they were 29...
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 09:25:22 PM »
I can remember about 4 or 5 open layups/ transition dunks that Washington got...way too many in big time D I basketball.

sarcastro

• Starter
  • Live Comedy. Dead Serious.
    • Coalition Theater
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 09:26:04 PM »
Butler has that Anthony Pieper disease where he starts bleeding for no reason.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »
We are a pretty bad defensive team no matter who the coach.  The only good defenders on the team are Hayward and Cooby.  And cooby is only any good on D becuase of his heart he held Isaih to 2 points in the second half after DJO let him go off for 17 in the 1st.

We give up 30 lbs and 5 inches at every spot hard to be very good on D

El Duderino

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 09:36:46 PM »
We are a pretty bad defensive team no matter who the coach.  The only good defenders on the team are Hayward and Cooby.  And cooby is only any good on D becuase of his heart he held Isaih to 2 points in the second half after DJO let him go off for 17 in the 1st.

We give up 30 lbs and 5 inches at every spot hard to be very good on D

It also kills them on the glass. Think about the last 2-3 minutes of the game. They got three buckets because we could get the rebound. Pondexter not only was taller, he was longer. Him and Bryan-Amaning were able to tip missed shots until they secured offensive boards. Butler and Zar has 6 rebounds combined.

Guy Fieri's Dad

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 10:04:16 PM »
sweet my post was taken down... rebel rebel

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 10:08:29 PM »
this was finally a game where we matched up pretty well defensively! there's no way you can say we were physically outmatched.

their best post player was 6-7 and their starting pg was 5-8. sound familiar???

they adjusted to our runs better than we adjusted to theirs. and we just played very very timiod defense in the second half

muPARTY

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 10:09:52 PM »
I rarely like to blame officials for losing a game but, they can take half of the blame for this one as that was one of poorest officiated games I have ever seen. Was anything we did not a foul?

when you play timid/on your heals, you don't get calls.  MU got more questionable calls in their favor when they were taking it to UW.  they slowed up and UW got agressive, put them out of rhythm, and at that point are they clear cut fouls or just an out of rhythm timid team being beaten.  i side with the later, as would most.

GregClausenForever

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 10:15:09 PM »
when you play timid/on your heals, you don't get calls.  MU got more questionable calls in their favor when they were taking it to UW.  they slowed up and UW got agressive, put them out of rhythm, and at that point are they clear cut fouls or just an out of rhythm timid team being beaten.  i side with the later, as would most.

Right on.  We stopped attacking when we took a double-digit lead.  We coughed this game over, and we lost the "officiating battle because of our lack of aggressiveness.

WxWarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 10:24:59 PM »
this was finally a game where we matched up pretty well defensively! there's no way you can say we were physically outmatched.

their best post player was 6-7 and their starting pg was 5-8. sound familiar???

they adjusted to our runs better than we adjusted to theirs. and we just played very very timiod defense in the second half

Unfortunately, their 6-7" guy is a first round draft pick.  He plays much longer, quicker and faster than both of our post players.  The difference was obvious on a few occasions.

feedback