[Today at 10:56:50 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MUDPT
[Today at 08:30:00 AM]

Congrats Tyler by Herman Cain
[Today at 07:56:50 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by cheebs09
[May 12, 2024, 09:16:55 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Excellent Interview with Al Amadou  (Read 5356 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Excellent Interview with Al Amadou
« on: December 29, 2022, 09:05:30 PM »
Marquette Wire publishes an excellent interview with Al Amadou . Well worth reading . Let’s give those page views to the hard working student editors .

https://marquettewire.org/4090695/sports/qa-with-marquette-basketball-2023-commit-al-amadou/
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Excellent Interview with Al Amadou
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 09:43:33 PM »
Thanks Herman—awesome

“I don’t like Wisconsin already.”

That might not sit well with a certain scooper.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 10:30:33 PM »
Marquette Wire publishes an excellent interview with Al Amadou . Well worth reading . Let’s give those page views to the hard working student editors .

https://marquettewire.org/4090695/sports/qa-with-marquette-basketball-2023-commit-al-amadou/
Not elite?
Goal is National Championship

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 05:40:08 AM »
Good story. Wish we could read weekly updates on the three recruits.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2022, 06:24:52 AM »
Based on that stat-line from his last game, I’m worried he’s going to be an Itejere type project.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2022, 06:35:18 AM »
There is nothing wrong with project bigs as long as they ultimately develop.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 06:51:43 AM »
Based on that stat-line from his last game, I’m worried he’s going to be an Itejere type project.

Have you watched him?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2022, 07:02:22 AM »
Have you watched him?

Only what is available on YouTube, but I’ve watched enough of those reels to know that they can be misleading. 

I get that most bigs are projects but given that Itejere apparently is still far behind Ben Gold, we really need Amadou to hit.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2022, 07:05:41 AM »
Only what is available on YouTube, but I’ve watched enough of those reels to know that they can be misleading. 

I get that most bigs are projects but given that Itejere apparently is still far behind Ben Gold, we really need Amadou to hit.

He’ll almost certainly be a non-factor as a frosh.  I dunno, his numbers are fine.  Blocks shots and rebounds

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2022, 07:15:24 AM »
He’ll almost certainly be a non-factor as a frosh.  I dunno, his numbers are fine.  Blocks shots and rebounds
Why we want someone who rebounds?
Goal is National Championship

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2022, 07:17:56 AM »
Why we want someone who rebounds?

I’m not sure.  I can’t keep track of all of Marquette basketball’s many flaws

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2022, 07:23:14 AM »

I’ll be totally happy if Al comes to MU and just blocks shots and rebounds. But I get concerned when a 6’9 kid goes an entire HS game with just 5 boards. I didn’t watch the game, and it is just one game, but I hope his stat lines normally look a lot better than that one.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2022, 08:20:00 AM »
I’ll be totally happy if Al comes to MU and just blocks shots and rebounds. But I get concerned when a 6’9 kid goes an entire HS game with just 5 boards. I didn’t watch the game, and it is just one game, but I hope his stat lines normally look a lot better than that one.

They have.  Have some faith in the staff he will eventually play for instead of worrying about the coaches he is currently playing for when it comes to development is how I’d view these guys.  There could be a variety of reasons why his numbers dipped in a single game.  I’m fully confident the Marquette staff will maximize his skill set

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2022, 08:54:04 AM »
Would not surprise me if Al redshirts next year.  Give him time to add strength.

Next year, assuming no departures, Oso starts, Gold is the backup, and Keeyan is 3rd.

Following year, I assume Oso is off to play professionally somewhere.  Gold starts as a JR, Keeyan as RS-JR and RS-FR Al compete for backup minutes.  Incoming frosh probably redshirts.  Possibly Bryce Dortch.

Shaka has been targeting long, athletic 6-9 players that need 2-3 years of development to make an impact.  Patience will be required.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2022, 09:06:18 AM »
Would not surprise me if Al redshirts next year.  Give him time to add strength.

Next year, assuming no departures, Oso starts, Gold is the backup, and Keeyan is 3rd.

That’s a good prediction, though we’re one over so there will be a departure. Sounds like Al is raw offensively but could easily provide a few minutes next year if his defense is as good as advertised. Oso will get absolute max minutes next year, so I don’t think there will be many minutes to be had at the 5 anyway.

I see Gold as a guy who will likely be out there alongside another big and he’ll spend more time on the perimeter. I don’t really consider him Oso’s backup as the future, though it sort of is that way this season.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 09:10:23 AM by CountryRoads »

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2022, 09:09:19 AM »

Following year, I assume Oso is off to play professionally somewhere.  Gold starts as a JR, Keeyan as RS-JR and RS-FR Al compete for backup minutes.  Incoming frosh probably redshirts.  Possibly Bryce Dortch.

Shaka has been targeting long, athletic 6-9 players that need 2-3 years of development to make an impact.  Patience will be required.

I suspect this is a position Shaka will have to address via the portal. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by Gold so far, but I have a tough time envisioning him as a primary 5 man for a successful Marquette team.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2022, 09:09:53 AM »
I’m a bit surprised it’s not easier to find the stats of high school recruits.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2022, 09:24:08 AM »
That’s a good prediction, though we’re one over so there will be a departure. Sounds like Al is raw offensively but could easily provide a few minutes next year if his defense is as good as advertised. Oso will get absolute max minutes next year, so I don’t think there will be many minutes to be had at the 5 anyway.

I see Gold as a guy who will likely be out there alongside another big and he’ll spend more time on the perimeter. I don’t really consider him Oso’s backup as the future, though it sort of is that way this season.

I meant no departure from the 5s. There will surely be a departure.  It could be a 5, but I think it's more likely from a different position.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2022, 10:11:23 AM »

Big donors better be ready to pay our starters to come back.  I hope Oso is back. The way they are playing it has to be an eye opener for many college coaches around the country.  This offseason is where the hope MU will perform well with NIL will be tested for the first time. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2022, 10:17:12 AM »
Shooter

The amount of emails and hits on social media from MU's NIL is almost like political ads in frequency. I firmly believe MU will have the money to pay the guys their money.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2022, 10:28:33 AM »
Shooter

The amount of emails and hits on social media from MU's NIL is almost like political ads in frequency. I firmly believe MU will have the money to pay the guys their money.

That’s good to hear Goose.  My chump change isn’t going to be the difference. 

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2022, 10:39:21 AM »
Big donors better be ready to pay our starters to come back.  I hope Oso is back. The way they are playing it has to be an eye opener for many college coaches around the country.  This offseason is where the hope MU will perform well with NIL will be tested for the first time.

My understanding is Marquette's NIL will pay their own guys. Think cheapish-cheap car per year for scholarship guys, and triple ish a modern starting salary for a guy about to leave.

Oso is going to be a closer call than people realize because i think he might have his degree at the end of the year. Plus he can find himself between the top 50-100 NBA prospects. But i think they'll look for another big if he were to leave. But this is a topic for May.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2022, 10:44:07 AM »
Shooter

The angst here about NIL is overblown.  There aren’t that many places shelling out big money for that many players.

I’ll go out on a limb and say should any players Shaka recruits won’t be the guys with their hands out first

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2022, 10:45:58 AM »

Honest question as I haven't followed the portal that closely, but in the last 2 years are there any other examples of a poaching to this degree occurring? Oso getting poached by another school due to NIL would seem pretty unprecedented to me. Optics would be terrible and MU would make sure to match any offer I would imagine. Oso also seems to have a lot of loyalty to MU as I assumed he was out the door when Wojo got canned. I think Oso plays 2 more seasons at MU after this one.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 10:47:52 AM by CountryRoads »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2022, 10:48:44 AM »
Shooter

The chump change does make a difference. It is a like a race track, they would not be open without the $2 bettor.

feedback