[May 12, 2024, 09:16:55 PM]

New 2024 Committment According to Ben Steele: Joshua Clark by tower912
[May 12, 2024, 08:23:11 PM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 12, 2024, 03:17:45 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by We R Final Four
[May 12, 2024, 12:18:42 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo Gone - Excitement Back  (Read 6582 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Wojo Gone - Excitement Back
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2021, 06:16:33 PM »
Woah woah woah - I thought admins didn’t make decisions on one game or one season? Inherently, players from seasons prior to last season would be relevant to his current job status. Or was this more smoke out your a$$?

What a condescending twat you are.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2021, 06:17:33 PM »
What a condescending twat you are.
😂😂😂

Rule number 1????

MU82

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2021, 06:18:39 PM »
😂😂😂

Rule number 1????

I guess you agree with PRN that Markus was a "cancer." Nice guy, as well as a condescending twat.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2021, 06:20:12 PM »
I guess you agree with PRN that Markus was a "cancer." Nice guy, as well as a condescending twat.
Never said that. Just noticing some inconsistencies in your arguments. Trying to get a better understanding of those.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2021, 06:23:50 PM »
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2021, 06:24:27 PM »
Never said that. Just noticing some inconsistencies in your arguments. Trying to get a better understanding of those.

Not sure why you've been gloating. Your narrative was wrong, and you didn't even have enough courage of your convictions to give up your season tickets to make a move you considered vital to the program's future. If any alums did have influence, I'll give credit to those who were willing to actually act.

Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to you rooting against next season's team, too.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2021, 06:32:59 PM »
Howard was a special talent.  Wojo did not manage/coach him well, which is obvious because there was absolutely no NCAA Tourney success with Howard.  I am not taking anything away from Howard; great player, represented the University well, and was a gentleman.

Ultimately, Wojo could not turn Howard's talent into NCAA wins.

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2021, 06:36:33 PM »
Howard was a special talent.  Wojo did not manage/coach him well, which is obvious because there was absolutely no NCAA Tourney success with Howard.  I am not taking anything away from Howard; great player, represented the University well, and was a gentleman.

Ultimately, Wojo could not turn Howard's talent into NCAA wins.

Agree with you, Fred.  Wojo failed to even make the NIT the three years Markus wasn't around.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2021, 06:38:49 PM »
Really, like who?

Doc, Tatum and Apollo.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2021, 06:43:35 PM »
Agree with you, Fred.  Wojo failed to even make the NIT the three years Markus wasn't around.
Now that is a good point.  Kudos.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 06:45:16 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2021, 06:45:10 PM »

Thanks.  Honestly, I was kind of perplexed by Wojo's inability to translate Howard's talent into Marquette success?  Wojo came from Duke, which had All-Americans everywhere.  I thought for sure he could integrate Howard with the rest of the team (including the Hausers) and produce NCCA wins.  Still can't figure it out?

Oh well, moving on from here.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 06:47:35 PM by warriorfred »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2021, 06:45:33 PM »
Retire

Doc has zero business having his number retired. I was far from Howard fan and would not argue too hard if they retired his number.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2021, 06:54:06 PM »
Thanks.  Honestly, I was kind of perplexed by Wojo's inability to translate Howard's talent into Marquette success?  Wojo came from Duke, which had All-Americans everywhere.  I thought for sure he could integrate Howard with the rest of the team (including the Hausers) and produce NCCA wins.  Still can't figure it out?

Oh well, moving on from here.

IMO it was more mishandling everyone else. In 2017, Howard was young so that's whatever. But 2018, & 2019 I'd say he mishandled coaching the entire team. In 2020 it was because outside of a random appearance for Koby or Bailey he needed Howard to dominate the ball but all the same there wasn't even the option of getting a Tournament win in 2020.
Maigh Eo for Sam

PhillyWarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2021, 07:20:41 PM »
There was excitement this season, you guys just missed it.

Sure, 9th place was darn exciting.  Watching them struggling to get the in bounds pass in, throwing the ball away, giving games to opponents, making the same mistakes over and over, dumb fouls because they are out of position on D, never pulling a player for bonehead plays, terrible shooting, poorly prepped for games (per Wojo).  I could go on, but my fingers hurt.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2021, 07:25:56 PM »
😂😂😂

Rule number 1????

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2021, 07:37:41 PM »
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If you're all keeping track.  We take action when one user seems to resort to it too frequently (see JB).  I've recently warned a "new" user about it because he came out flaming everyone.   I do request you twats all stop calling each other twats though.  Seriously.  Be respectful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2021, 07:45:23 PM »
If you're all keeping track.  We take action when one user seems to resort to it too frequently (see JB).  I've recently warned a "new" user about it because he came out flaming everyone.   I do request you twats all stop calling each other twats though.  Seriously.  Be respectful.

An admittedly weak defense for me, but I'll use my "he called me and others it first" card.

I'm done with it now.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2021, 07:56:28 PM »
An admittedly weak defense for me, but I'll use my "he called me and others it first" card.

I'm done with it now.
🙄🙄

MU82

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2021, 08:14:10 PM »
🙄🙄

Have a nice night, sir. I hope you and your family are well, and remain that way. And I wish you good fortune.

We Are Marquette!

Viper

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2021, 08:46:36 PM »
Retire

Doc has zero business having his number retired. I was far from Howard fan and would not argue too hard if they retired his number.
Howard more deserving than Doc? Sure. But you feel Doc has no business having his # retired? Why?

Steve Buscemi

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2021, 08:50:26 PM »
Retire

Doc has zero business having his number retired.

Bad take Goose. The guy is basketball royalty and a great ambassador for the university on and off the court.
"I work out twice a day, six days a week and on Sunday I go to church."  -John Dawson

🏀

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2021, 08:53:20 PM »
Bad take Goose. The guy is basketball royalty and a great ambassador for the university on and off the court.

Doc doesn’t meet the requirements for retirement if applied to players post-Crean.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2021, 02:17:53 AM »
Howard more deserving than Doc? Sure. But you feel Doc has no business having his # retired? Why?

Doc is a great alumni and ambassador. But he wasn’t an AA. Wasn’t a lottery pick, never played in an NCAA tourney made a deep tourney run  :o. And his NBA career, while long lasting, wasn’t all that special either.  He’s been better as a coach than he was at a player at any level after HS.

At the time of his number being retired, he hadnt even won a title as a coach yet and wasn’t top 5-10 in any category in Marquette history other than steals.

He’s an all time great MU alumni in totality, but purely basketball in an MU jersey, if his number is retired, there are about 5 more numbers you retire since 2000, at a minimum (McNeal, Howard, Crowder, Butler, and Diener)...and I’m not advocating for any of those to be retired other than Howard.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 02:27:12 AM by JWags85 »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2021, 02:25:06 AM »
Doc is a great alumni and ambassador. But he wasn’t an AA. Wasn’t a lottery pick, never played in an NCAA tourney. And his NBA career, while long lasting, wasn’t all that special either.  He’s been better as a coach than he was at a player at any level after HS.

At the time of his number being retired, he hadnt even won a title as a coach yet and wasn’t top 5-10 in any category in Marquette history other than steals.

He’s an all time great MU alumni in totality, but purely basketball in an MU jersey, if his number is retired, there are about 5 more numbers you retire since 2000, at a minimum (McNeal, Howard, Crowder, Butler, and Diener)...and I’m not advocating for any of those to be retired other than Howard.

I agree about Doc...but I'm pretty sure he played in two NCAA tourneys. Even won a game in one of them.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2021, 02:29:05 AM »
I agree about Doc...but I'm pretty sure he played in two NCAA tourneys. Even won a game in one of them.

Yea amended that. Brain fart as I somehow placed him playing under Majerus.  DEEERPP

feedback