[May 12, 2024, 09:16:55 PM]

New 2024 Committment According to Ben Steele: Joshua Clark by tower912
[May 12, 2024, 08:23:11 PM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 12, 2024, 03:17:45 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by We R Final Four
[May 12, 2024, 12:18:42 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Creighton Banged Up  (Read 16091 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Creighton Banged Up
« on: January 11, 2015, 12:36:26 AM »
Blue Jays suffered three critical injuries during/right before their tilt with Seton Hall:

Austin Chatman left the game after 10 minutes following a blow to the head. Possible concussion. His status is unknown for the Marquette game. He is the teams starting point guard, leading scorer, leading assistman, and leader in minutes.

Isaiah Zierden didn't play in the second half due to a right knee injury. Status is unknown. He is a starting wing guard and the top three point shooter for the Jays.

Zach Hanson injured himself in practice. Status unknown. He is a backup center who gets about 14 minutes a contest.

No team has had a rougher start to conference play than Creighton. If they are short all three of these players come Wednesday, we could be in for a laugher in the Bradley Center.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Creighton Banged Up
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 08:45:47 AM »
I hope that laugher will be funnier than the DePaul beat down we gave them without their big guy, Hamilton.

Cuz that turned out to be not so funny.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 09:46:54 AM by We R Final Four »

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 09:07:28 AM »
I don't like playing teams that are winless when they clearly have some talent.  I was kind of hoping they knocked off the Hall so they had at least one win.  I guess I am being superstitious.

The game on Wednesday is basically a must win if we have NCAA/NIT hopes.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 09:15:48 AM »
I don't like playing teams that are winless when they clearly have some talent.  I was kind of hoping they knocked off the Hall so they had at least one win.  I guess I am being superstitious.

The game on Wednesday is basically a must win if we have NCAA/NIT hopes.

Just about every home game from here on out is.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 10:24:13 AM »
Just about every home game from here on out is.

Nah we can just wait to the Big East Tournament
Maigh Eo for Sam

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 10:27:12 AM »
Creighton is pretty good, but Brooks and Zierdan are two of their better guys.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 11:16:36 AM »
Every possession is a battle in the Big East. Creighton still has plenty of talent,an experienced coach and a big motivation to win. We are going to have play very well to come away with a win.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 11:30:57 AM »
Every possession is a battle in the Big East. Creighton still has plenty of talent,an experienced coach and a big motivation to win. We are going to have play very well to come away with a win.

Agreed.  Even with the injuries, I believe that they have more talent than Nebraska-Omaha.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 05:43:36 PM »
We should win. This is the worst Creighton team since before the Altman era. They are especially bad on the road.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 05:50:26 PM »
Nobody feels sorry for us this year after the circumstances that led to our lack of depth and talent. No one felt sorry for us when we lost Dom James or Otule to injury. Nor should anyone have sorry for us in any of those situations.

I don't feel one iota sorry for Creighton, and I hope we crush them.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 07:10:53 PM »
Nobody feels sorry for us this year after the circumstances that led to our lack of depth and talent. No one felt sorry for us when we lost Dom James or Otule to injury. Nor should anyone have sorry for us in any of those situations.

I don't feel one iota sorry for Creighton, and I hope we crush them.
Yes I hope we crush them too. Just need to work hard every possession.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 08:57:24 PM »
Where's the Creighton poster to fill us in on the giblets?
SS Marquette

CUJaysFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 10:14:39 AM »
Jays fan here, and a regular viewer at MUScoop.

Jays fought like hell on Saturday, but came up short against Seton Hall. We played a freshman walk-on PG for 26 minutes if that gives you any indication of how short-handed we are (the kid is more or less the equivalent of Rob Frozena...) As mentioned, nobody feels sorry for us nor should they.

As a Jays fan for 25 years, this looks to be one of our toughest seasons ever. We just don't have the talent to match up on a nightly basis in this league, and in my opinion, we are three full recruiting cycles away from stockpiling enough talent to really compete in the Big East. Could be a few lean years in Omaha. How in the hell we ever beat Oklahoma remains a mystery to most rational Creighton fans.

Fire away with any questions you may have.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:17:31 AM by CUJaysFan »

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 10:29:07 AM »

Jays fought like hell on Saturday, but came up short against Seton Hall. We played a freshman walk-on PG for 26 minutes if that gives you any indication of how short-handed we are (the kid is more or less the equivalent of Rob Frozena...) As mentioned, nobody feels sorry for us nor should they.

As a Jays fan for 25 years, this looks to be one of our toughest seasons ever. We just don't have the talent to match up on a nightly basis in this league, and in my opinion, we are three full recruiting cycles away from stockpiling enough talent to really compete in the Big East. Could be a few lean years in Omaha. How in the hell we ever beat Oklahoma remains a mystery to most rational Creighton fans.

Yeh I noticed how the talent really isnt there this year. Where's ronnie Hellman?? Leon Gilmore?? Also need to get some quality recruits next year or 2016, one guy can push a team forward over the mountain or backwards falling all the way to the bottom. Hope it works out for yah.

CUJaysFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2015, 10:38:42 AM »
There's been a lot of controversy about our handling of Leon Gilmore. He was a top-150 recruit. He's 6'6 and looks every bit the part of a Big East athlete. He wasn't redshirted, yet he's played only a few minutes of garbage time. We were down 27 to North Texas and he didn't even get in the game. Reports are that he simply cannot pick up Creighton's system, and doesn't seem to have any offensive ability.

Most folks are of the opinion that since Creighton is struggling so badly this year, what's the worst that can happen if you put him in for five minutes? Completely bizarre situation. I'd handicap it at better than 50/50 he transfers after this season.

Ronnie Harrell is a 6'7 shooter, and a top 100 recruit. He redshirted because he is rail-thin and just turned 18. May turn out to be a nice player, but by all accounts, doesn't do much more than shoot from three.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 10:48:16 AM »
Ronnie Harrell is a 6'7 shooter, and a top 100 recruit. He redshirted because he is rail-thin and just turned 18. May turn out to be a nice player, but by all accounts, doesn't do much more than shoot from three.

So he's Ethan Wragge?

CUJaysFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 10:53:48 AM »
He's Wragge minus the beard and inside-the-gym range.

Lot of frustration about our recruiting among Jays' fans. We all know that to survive in the Big East, the #LetITFly mantra needs to be ditched in favor of big, strong, physical athletes that attack the rim. Unfortunately, we've whiffed on a lot of our top targets over the past two seasons.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 10:58:04 AM »
Yeh I noticed how the talent really isnt there this year. Where's ronnie Hellman?? Leon Gilmore?? Also need to get some quality recruits next year or 2016, one guy can push a team forward over the mountain or backwards falling all the way to the bottom. Hope it works out for yah.

I think you mean Ronnie Harrell.
However, I would have loved to see a matchup of Mayo on Hellman this year.
They would really have spread the court.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 12:20:24 PM »
He's Wragge minus the beard and inside-the-gym range.

Lot of frustration about our recruiting among Jays' fans. We all know that to survive in the Big East, the #LetITFly mantra needs to be ditched in favor of big, strong, physical athletes that attack the rim. Unfortunately, we've whiffed on a lot of our top targets over the past two seasons.

Wragge Bombs were fun to watch...when they weren't against us lst year  :-X

How are your injuires looking for Wednesday? or don't you know yet?
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

CUJaysFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2015, 12:27:48 PM »
No official word on the injuries yet, although based on the tidbits that we heard after Saturday, I would be shocked if Chatman, Zierden, or Hanson played.

Chatman has a concussion. Doubtful they let him return four days later.

Zierden re-aggravated the MCL that he tore last year. If he even plays, he won't be full strength.

Hanson couldn't lift his arm above his shoulder as of Saturday. Not sure that can heal in four days.

Groselle was out with the flu Saturday, so he should be back by Wednesday.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2015, 01:00:18 PM »

Seems like your always in the mix for very talented recruits. I know you will hit on a few. The sold out environment at your games is something kids want to be a part of. Maurice Watson , the transfer who will become eligible for you next year, specifically noted that when he signed. I would not be surprised if you hit on a few good graduate transfers as well.

CUJaysFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2015, 02:06:22 PM »
Mac appears willing to play the transfer game. We were in the mix with Connor Frankamp, the KU transfer who signed with WSU. It was fairly surprising he didn't select Creighton, as our coaches thought he was ours to lose.

My guess is we will continue to hold one scholarship available for high-level transfers that become available in the spring.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2015, 10:19:34 PM »
How do you think attendance will hold up. Hard to get 17k to every game when you put out a
Low
Quality
Product on the court

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 11:11:32 PM »
How do you think attendance will hold up. Hard to get 17k to every game when you put out a
Low
Quality
Product on the court

Our guest comes in peace.  Let's be civil.  We are not exactly world beaters ourselves this year.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2015, 11:40:58 PM »
Our guest comes in peace.  Let's be civil.  We are not exactly world beaters ourselves this year.
i guess I'm just frustrated for them its
Thought watching MU and Creighton struggling. I'm lettin off some steam

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 11:41:36 PM »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2015, 12:21:06 AM »
I've always wanted to ask a fan of a program like Creightons what it's like. I mean do you realistically hope to get to the second weekend or is it like being a bucks fan where you accept that your doomed to be out early? (Not trying to be a dick here just telling if from my perspective) I mean obviously yall have a nice tradition and some great players in the past but heck Id be ripping my hair out if just making the tournament was the goal every year.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jet915

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2015, 12:34:05 AM »
I think the crowds will hold up if we bounce back next year.  By insider accounts, Mo Watson and Cole Huff are the two best players on this current roster and they are both sitting out a transfer year.  Add a top 50 player in Justin Patton along with Isaiah Zierden and Toby Hegner and we have a nice complement of players.  We have one more scholarship for next year and many think it will either be Khyri Thomas (JC athletic wing) or a transfer.  Many Jay fans are hopeful that next year will be much better.

CUJaysFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 08:55:02 AM »
Obviously, attendance might drop off a bit if we really go in the tank this year. But any realistic CU fans knew this would be a transition year. We're still in the awkward position of playing MVC-caliber players in the Big East. Still, we do have a nice core of players on this team that will be back next year plus two very solid transfers in Huff and Watson.

As far as making the second round of the tournament--yes, very frustrating. Everyone thought last year was the year we would reach the S16 with Doug and Co. To get curb stomped by Baylor was pretty crushing.

Creighton has all the resources--unbelievable facilities, great fan support, financial commitment to basketball, excellent academics (not always a positive...). The only thing we don't have is a natural recruiting base. High school basketball in Nebraska is a joke, so we have to look elsewhere for players. We're still in the process of figuring out exactly where our recruiting ground will be most fertile.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2015, 08:57:29 AM »
I've always wanted to ask a fan of a program like Creightons what it's like. I mean do you realistically hope to get to the second weekend or is it like being a bucks fan where you accept that your doomed to be out early? (Not trying to be a dick here just telling if from my perspective) I mean obviously yall have a nice tradition and some great players in the past but heck Id be ripping my hair out if just making the tournament was the goal every year.

Marquette is in the same situation. We're already one year out, likely a second in a row in six weeks. Zero guarantee of berths going forward. We're very much in a position where our most immediate goal is just making an NCAA Tournament. You better get out in front of this and call Bosley today.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2015, 09:12:00 AM »
Marquette is in the same situation. We're already one year out, likely a second in a row in six weeks. Zero guarantee of berths going forward. We're very much in a position where our most immediate goal is just making an NCAA Tournament. You better get out in front of this and call Bosley today.

Yes but I'll always have my main four college years of heart braking loss, sweet 16 sweet 16 elite 8 to remember till we're back up.  But I mean it sounds like everybody was going insane with the one sweet 16 (94) between 77 to 2003 I can't imagine the only ones being so old they're the stories that grandpa tells at thanksgiving.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2015, 09:52:43 AM »

Time to get some perspective, MU is much closer to being a program like Creighton than I think you realize. You were extremely lucky to attend MU the years you did.

Since the NCAA tournament was created 75 years ago MU has made it 30 times, less than 50% of the time. I think it is fair to say that for the overwhelming majority of MU's existence, just making the NCAA tournament was a reasonable goal, and at times maybe even an unrealistic goal. The only exceptions being the 1970s and arguably 2 years of Buzz Williams' tenure (recall that Buzz's first Sweet 16, MU was an 11th seed). Al McGuire and Buzz Williams are the only 2 MU coaches to make the tournament at least half the time. You have to understand they are the exceptions, not the rule. I attended MU from 2004-2008, and that stretch included an NIT, 3 NCAA births but a total of only one NCAA victory, and zero Sweet 16s. There were plenty of exciting moments, some brief stretches where we cracked the Top 25, but we were never elite. This is a much more realistic 4 year stretch for a random MU graduate to have experienced during their time at MU.

We are not a blue blood. We have tradition, but we also have a horrific 10 year stretch from 1983 to 1992 where we were under .500 and made zero NCAA tournaments. We will certainly not make the NCAA tournament every year. Making it 8 years in a row was an amazing experience, but if you expect that every decade going forward you will be disappointed. This is not to say I don't think Wojo can get us back to that level, but if he did it would be exceeding the average MU performance throughout history.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 09:59:06 AM by Bleuteaux »

CUJaysFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2015, 10:06:31 AM »
The NCAA Tournament is a crap shoot. It's inexplicable the teams that go on magical runs after having average or even disappointing regular seasons (e.g. UCONN last year).

For whatever reason, Creighton hasn't caught lightening in a bottle in the NCAA Tournament yet. The margin for error is razor thin in March. To illustrate, if Diener doesn't get a career high 29 against 14 seed Holy Cross, MU doesn't make the Final Four. If Hayward doesn't step on the baseline against Mizzou, MU had the squad to make a serious run in 2009.

Year after year we play great in the conference tournament and make the NCAA Tournament only to play like hot garbage when it really counts.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2015, 10:23:58 AM »
If Hayward doesn't step on the baseline against Mizzou, MU had the squad to make a serious run in 2009.

Bah, I shouldn't have read that right before I have to go to a meeting. Now I have a headache.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2015, 10:25:56 AM »
Time to get some perspective, MU is much closer to being a program like Creighton than I think you realize. You were extremely lucky to attend MU the years you did.

Since the NCAA tournament was created 75 years ago MU has made it 30 times, less than 50% of the time. I think it is fair to say that for the overwhelming majority of MU's existence, just making the NCAA tournament was a reasonable goal, and at times maybe even an unrealistic goal. The only exceptions being the 1970s and arguably 2 years of Buzz Williams' tenure (recall that Buzz's first Sweet 16, MU was an 11th seed). Al McGuire and Buzz Williams are the only 2 MU coaches to make the tournament at least half the time. You have to understand they are the exceptions, not the rule. I attended MU from 2004-2008, and that stretch included an NIT, 3 NCAA births but a total of only one NCAA victory, and zero Sweet 16s. There were plenty of exciting moments, some brief stretches where we cracked the Top 25, but we were never elite. This is a much more realistic 4 year stretch for a random MU graduate to have experienced during their time at MU.

We are not a blue blood. We have tradition, but we also have a horrific 10 year stretch from 1983 to 1992 where we were under .500 and made zero NCAA tournaments. We will certainly not make the NCAA tournament every year. Making it 8 years in a row was an amazing experience, but if you expect that every decade going forward you will be disappointed. This is not to say I don't think Wojo can get us back to that level, but if he did it would be exceeding the average MU performance throughout history.

It's 31 times on 32 bids.  With 16 sweet 16s that's a 50% rate of advancing (>50% if you go by how many times we've actually gone not just bids).  I agree it's not the norm.  If you remove 55, 59, 94, 03 you get two chunks where our success has been.  But that kinda removes the big back to the big stage year of the 90s the back to national prominence year of the 2000s and the two years that essentially started our basketball tradition so they're a bit important.  
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2015, 10:27:27 AM »
Bah, I shouldn't have read that right before I have to go to a meeting. Now I have a headache.

While you're at it just start thinking of losing to the Lopez twins and quincy pondexter hitting that shot over Jimmy butler. (Talk about a rough three years in the final minute)
Maigh Eo for Sam

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2015, 10:30:08 AM »

Whenever someone prefaces their statement with “I’m not trying to be a dick" ( or fill in the blank) It means that they really are a dick.

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2015, 10:31:45 AM »

Nicely said, Bleuteaux.  I arrived a year after you, meaning last year was the first time since I arrived on campus that we did not Dance.  It also means I was a year shy of being party to the Western Michigan debacle, which will celebrate its ignominious 10-year anniversary this March.  All good things with perspective, my friends.

The NCAA Tournament is a crap shoot.

SHHHHH!  You'll rile up Lenny!

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2015, 10:45:00 AM »

Great attitude guess we should just expect wojo to get us a couple tourneys in a few decades and that will be fine with everyone, we should strive to become better than that. In all seriousness, Marquette is usually and will continue to be a regular at the tournament. Who cares about runs and skids of the past. The expectation is tournament here and the goal is realisticly at least s16 or more. If you want to find a team that's fine with just making the tourney once in a blue moon go root for the panthers next door.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2015, 11:36:24 AM »
Yes but I'll always have my main four college years of heart braking loss, sweet 16 sweet 16 elite 8 to remember till we're back up.  But I mean it sounds like everybody was going insane with the one sweet 16 (94) between 77 to 2003 I can't imagine the only ones being so old they're the stories that grandpa tells at thanksgiving.

As with everything in life, it's all a matter of perspective.

A teacher who gets a 3% raise and a few "attaboys" is thrilled with his/her situation while somebody in upper management at a Fortune 100 company who is accustomed to double-digit raises might be on a ledge -- or at least might be looking for another job -- if he/she "only" got 3%.

To a Kentucky fan, a good year is getting to the Final Four and a great year is winning the national title. Anything less sucks. To an N.C. State fan, a good year is getting to the NCAAs and a great year is reaching the Sweet 16. To a Creighton fan, a good year might be contending for a league title and a great year might be winning an NCAA tourney game. It's what one knows and what one has experienced that affects what one expects.

Even fans of the same team have different expectations. MU students whose four years included an NCAA bid, two Sweet 16s and an Elite 8 might have different expectations than students from the Dukiet era.

And God knows Cubbie fans have different expectations than Yankee fans do!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2015, 12:16:03 PM »
As with everything in life, it's all a matter of perspective.

A teacher who gets a 3% raise and a few "attaboys" is thrilled with his/her situation while somebody in upper management at a Fortune 100 company who is accustomed to double-digit raises might be on a ledge -- or at least might be looking for another job -- if he/she "only" got 3%.

To a Kentucky fan, a good year is getting to the Final Four and a great year is winning the national title. Anything less sucks. To an N.C. State fan, a good year is getting to the NCAAs and a great year is reaching the Sweet 16. To a Creighton fan, a good year might be contending for a league title and a great year might be winning an NCAA tourney game. It's what one knows and what one has experienced that affects what one expects.

Even fans of the same team have different expectations. MU students whose four years included an NCAA bid, two Sweet 16s and an Elite 8 might have different expectations than students from the Dukiet era.

And God knows Cubbie fans have different expectations than Yankee fans do!

I get it. I was just curious because all the other programs have eras where they were truly a great program whether for a handful of years or over a decade but Creighton has been consistently good but never great (tourny wise) and wanted to know that perspective.

Also for what it's worth I had to endure a fifth year at MU where we didn't even make the postseason.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MarquetteBallin

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2015, 12:17:29 PM »
Injury update: Chatman and Zierden will play tomorrow. Zach Hanson is questionable, but it sounds like he's not going to be available.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2015, 12:29:31 PM »
While you're at it just start thinking of losing to the Lopez twins and quincy pondexter hitting that shot over Jimmy butler. (Talk about a rough three years in the final minute)

Don't forget Jean Felix!

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2015, 12:54:39 PM »
Whenever someone prefaces their statement with “I’m not trying to be a dick" ( or fill in the blank) It means that they really are a dick.
Truer words were never spoken.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2015, 12:56:55 PM »

Those were my sophomore (Lopez), junior (Lazar), and senior (Pondexter) years. Oh, and my freshman year was when we scored about 10 points in the first half vs. Michigan State.

2006-2010 had a ton of great bball memories, but March was always a disappointment.

I know the 80s sucked, but at least you kinda expected it. I always had my hopes crushed in the worst ways.
Bring back FFP!!!

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2015, 01:02:33 PM »
Think you guys will take this one. We simply haven't beent that competitive on the road outside of the Nebraska game (which is hilarious now). It will be interesting to see  how we play though. In most of our losses recently we have been jacking up 3s left and right at like a 30% clip or so. Thast not going to beat anybody. Against Seton Hall we played a lot more aggressive. I think that amped the energy on the team because the increase in effort level was noticeable. If we play with the energy we did against Seton Hall it could be a competitive game. If not then we're in trouble. Thats why they play the game though!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2015, 01:03:02 PM »
when we scored about 10 points in the first half vs. Michigan State.

The single most shameful 20 minutes of Marquette basketball

Death on call

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2015, 01:03:29 PM »
I think the reality is outside of the Bluest of Blue Bloods, most tradition rich programs have a profile similar to ours. Take Michigan State for example. They have had multiple periods comparable to the Dukiet Years here, in between their championship/ final four runs. Our goal every year is to make the tournament. Generally, if we are good enough to make it out of the Big East, with some luck we can win a few.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2015, 01:07:41 PM »
Injury update: Chatman and Zierden will play tomorrow. Zach Hanson is questionable, but it sounds like he's not going to be available.

That is unfortunate. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2015, 01:55:00 PM »
No longer a laugher, I guess.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2015, 05:53:58 PM »
No longer a laugher, I guess.

We have eight guys, half of them are first year players at Marquette, and a rookie head coach. Jays game was never a laugher.

feedback