Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What former Duke player would you like to see come on as an assistant coach?  (Read 8432 times)

T-Bone

• All American
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Jay Bilas. Not close.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Roshown McLeod

Here's the most recent interview I can find from him regarding coaching: http://www.maxpreps.com/news/VgrMaGGDEeCkhgAcxJSkrA/st-benedicts-prep-coach-roshown-mcleod-resigns,-plans-return-to-college.htm

He was Creaned from his Assistant job at II,II in 2009.

Article about his firing - http://www.insidethehall.com/2010/03/07/roshown-mcleod-no-longer-with-iu-basketball-program/

Wojo should know whether or not he's the type of guy he'd like to bring on. Solid experience, but a strange career.

Uhm, no thanks

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Roshown McLeod

Here's the most recent interview I can find from him regarding coaching: http://www.maxpreps.com/news/VgrMaGGDEeCkhgAcxJSkrA/st-benedicts-prep-coach-roshown-mcleod-resigns,-plans-return-to-college.htm

He was Creaned from his Assistant job at II,II in 2009.

Article about his firing - http://www.insidethehall.com/2010/03/07/roshown-mcleod-no-longer-with-iu-basketball-program/

Wojo should know whether or not he's the type of guy he'd like to bring on. Solid experience, but a strange career.

He was Creaned because he's a terrible coach with a bad attitude.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
He runs the Roshown McLeod basketball academy in Atlanta.  He was (Ro)shown the door at IU and hasn't been back in the college ranks since. He was St. Benedict's high school coach for one year before resigning.

The Love House

• Starter
Alaa Abdelnaby. Could open new doors to the basketball hot bed of Egypt.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
If its Reggie Love things will get interesting around here

drewm88

• All American
I knew Langdon was the assassin...but since Derrick's from Alaska, too, what would his AK nickname be?

Juneau So-so

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
What about Jon Scheyer?  I think he's from Chicago.

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
Nate James
Jeff Capel
Christian Leattner [If he is even interested in coaching which I doubt...]
Trajan Langdon [If he is done playing...which he might be.

*I wonder what Jay Bilas said about this hire...I respect him a great deal. He is an excellent analyst. I wonder what his take was on this hire?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:31:06 AM by MUHoopsFan2 »

Pakuni

• All American
Nate James
Jeff Capel
Christian Leattner [If he is even interested in coaching which I doubt...]
Trajan Langdon [If he is done playing...which he might be.

Langdon is an advance scout for the San Antonio Spurs. I think he'd be a great choice, but not sure he's eager to leave the NBA to be a college assistant. From what I've read, he has his sights set on a front-office gig rather than coaching.

The Love House

• Starter
Juneau So-so

Nice. How about the "Anchorage CLANKorage".

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
Nice. How about the "Anchorage CLANKorage".

Lol, that was a good one!

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
Chris Carrowell

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Anyone but Christian Laettner.

Shane Battier would be my choice too.

Laettner is the epitome of why I hate Duke. Silver spoon a-hole that reeks of condescencion. The HS he went to costs ~$20k/year and the parking lot is lined with Range Rovers & Beemers the kids drive to school. Seems like the kinda guy that would yell at a homeless veteran to "get a job" then purposely drive into a puddle to splash the guy while driving past in his Maserati. Maybe that's just me.

Conversely, what I liked about Wojo in his opening presser is that he was a 1st generation college student. No stranger to working his way up in the world.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Laettner is the epitome of why I hate Duke. Silver spoon a-hole that reeks of condescencion. The HS he went to costs ~$20k/year and the parking lot is lined with Range Rovers & Beemers the kids drive to school. Seems like the kinda guy that would yell at a homeless veteran to "get a job" then purposely drive into a puddle to splash the guy while driving past in his Maserati. Maybe that's just me.

Did you not go to Marquette?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American

Yupp, unfortunately sounds like many of the kids I know that go here...

swoopem

• All American
Battier is from my neck of the woods in Birmingham, MI which is right outside Detroit. He went to Country Day which is a powerhouse in basketball (also produced Chris Webber). I think he'd be a great assistant being familiar with the midwest and if we can open a pipeline to Detroit that'd be amazing.

I have heard he's interested in politics though. Which might be roadblock unless he wants to campaign to 16-18 year old kids.
Bring back FFP!!!

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
Alaa Abdelnaby. Could open new doors to the basketball hot bed of Egypt.

Lmao. 

I would be down with a 7 foot Sheikh rejecting shots left and right. 

barfolomew

• All American

Juneau Can Shoot

This is priceless, Keefe.

I wouldn't want any Duke player sitting next to Woj during his first couple seasons, and I'm sure neither does he.
I would actually vote for a former MU player -- Todd Townshend. He's got several years' experience recruiting in Chicago, plus he has a nice John Thompson II look going these days.

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
Maybe salt in the wound, but what about Jon Harris?

This is priceless, Keefe.

I wouldn't want any Duke player sitting next to Woj during his first couple seasons, and I'm sure neither does he.
I would actually vote for a former MU player -- Todd Townshend. He's got several years' experience recruiting in Chicago, plus he has a nice John Thompson II look going these days.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Conversely, what I liked about Wojo in his opening presser is that he was a 1st generation college student. No stranger to working his way up in the world.

Cuz all kids that go to expensive schools are paying full freight, or don't work....it's all given to them.

Eldon

• All American

Bingo. The way you describe Duke students is exactly how everyone in WI describes MU students

NavinRJohnson

• All American

Wow, do you not know what you're talking about. Might wanna check Laettner's history before spewing this. Dude fricken grew up on a farm and had to work off financial aid in HS. What he got, he earned. Pretty sure you don't become one of the greatest college players ever by being a Silver spoon a-hole.