collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Who do you want to win the NBA championship?

Warriors
16 (61.5%)
Cavaliers
10 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: June 12, 2016, 06:36:42 PM

Author Topic: Who do you want to win the NBA championship?  (Read 3283 times)

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
Who do you want to win the NBA championship?
« on: June 02, 2016, 06:36:42 PM »
Warriors for me. I'm a huge Celtics fan and I dislike LeBron for many reasons. I neither like or really dislike the Warriors. I've gotten a little tired of them and I would root for most teams against them. However, I'm strongly rooting for them in this series. It would be nice for Cleveland to get a ring in any sport but I just cannot have Lebron bring it. My 2 favorite teams are the Celtics and anybody who beats Lebron.

I've seen a lot more ppl than usual on social media (particularly in Boston) supporting a Lebron team. It's almost like ppl want him to be the savior that brings Cleveland a championship. I just can't understand that given how he left Cleveland for Miami. Coming back when it was convenient for him doesn't right his wrong. I do think the media coverage, particularly ESPN, has contributed to this though. Steph got the most coverage this year so now ppl are starting to dislike him. Just like how it has been with Lebron in the spotlight for the better part of the last 13 years.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Who do you want to win the NBA championship?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 06:49:01 PM »
Warriors for me. I'm a huge Celtics fan and I dislike LeBron for many reasons. I neither like or really dislike the Warriors. I've gotten a little tired of them and I would root for most teams against them. However, I'm strongly rooting for them in this series. It would be nice for Cleveland to get a ring in any sport but I just cannot have Lebron bring it. My 2 favorite teams are the Celtics and anybody who beats Lebron.

I've seen a lot more ppl than usual on social media (particularly in Boston) supporting a Lebron team. It's almost like ppl want him to be the savior that brings Cleveland a championship. I just can't understand that given how he left Cleveland for Miami. Coming back when it was convenient for him doesn't right his wrong. I do think the media coverage, particularly ESPN, has contributed to this though. Steph got the most coverage this year so now ppl are starting to dislike him. Just like how it has been with Lebron in the spotlight for the better part of the last 13 years.

He didn't have to come back at all, right?

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 07:02:42 PM »
He didn't have to come back at all, right?
He didn't come back because of his love for his hometown. If that was the case he never would've left. He came back because he thought the championship window in Miami shut and one in Cleveland opened.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 07:08:17 PM »
He didn't come back because of his love for his hometown. If that was the case he never would've left. He came back because he thought the championship window in Miami shut and one in Cleveland opened.

That's a cynical view.  I remember going to one of my best friend's house in Akron, he was the AD of Akron at the time and LeBron was building this monster palace about 3 streets over.  This was probably 2008 or so.  LeBron was still playing for the Cavs at the time.  Obviously he went to Miami, but he came back home.  He didn't have to.  The window was open for many other teams if he wished to go to them.  I have no doubt the opportunity of Cleveland was part of it, but to flat out say he didn't come back as also a reason....you have no idea.  To suggest he never would have left if that was the case is naive.

Have you never made a decision and determined not long after it was a mistake?  Have a girlfriend you left, but came back to?  Left a city or a job, then regretted it?  Most people have.  Is LeBron any less human that he cannot have those same feelings?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 07:14:46 PM »
That's a cynical view.  I remember going to one of my best friend's house in Akron, he was the AD of Akron at the time and LeBron was building this monster palace about 3 streets over.  This was probably 2008 or so.  LeBron was still playing for the Cavs at the time.  Obviously he went to Miami, but he came back home.  He didn't have to.  The window was open for many other teams if he wished to go to them.  I have no doubt the opportunity of Cleveland was part of it, but to flat out say he didn't come back as also a reason....you have no idea.  To suggest he never would have left if that was the case is naive.

Have you never made a decision and determined not long after it was a mistake?  Have a girlfriend you left, but came back to?  Left a city or a job, then regretted it?  Most people have.  Is LeBron any less human that he cannot have those same feelings?

LeBron didn't regret leaving Cleveland for a second.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 07:23:05 PM »

And you know this....how?  Are you his psychiatrist?  Psychologist?   ;)

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 07:42:42 PM »
I don't care that he left Cleveland.  He doesn't owe them anything.   He's just not a very likable guy, and so I'd rather see him lose.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 07:43:22 PM »
I just got home from a dinner with a well established sports agent that i grew up with.  He mostly focusses on 2nd tier sports i.e. MLS/Tennis but has some NBA clients...however his managing partner/mentor is a big name NBA agent.  Because he knows i don't know jack about the NBA, MLS, or Tennis he has a tendency to talk freely...........LeBron was never going to stay in Cleveland from day one of his 4th year.  quote "anyone could see that there was huge money to be had by leaving and if LB is nothing he is smart about how to manage his brand"

ergo, no regrets

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 07:56:53 PM »
After watching Believeland, I am pulling for the Cavs. Plus, the antics of Draymond Green against the Thunder really made me dislike the Warriors.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 07:59:59 PM »
I don't care that he left Cleveland.  He doesn't owe them anything.   He's just not a very likable guy, and so I'd rather see him lose.

+1.

LeBron did not regret leaving Cleveland for a second.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 08:20:32 PM »

LeBron did not regret leaving Cleveland for a second.

Your opinion....and only that.  You may be right, I don't know.  I do know he went back, and he could have gone to any number of teams instead, including staying in Miami.  He didn't, he went back to Cleveland where he still has a home....his home.  All 30,000 square feet of it.  Never sold it....did sell his Miami home, however.  Another way to put it, I suspect he will always have a home in NE Ohio, because that is his home.  He may have houses elsewhere, but he will always be home there.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 08:21:55 PM »
I just got home from a dinner with a well established sports agent that i grew up with.  He mostly focusses on 2nd tier sports i.e. MLS/Tennis but has some NBA clients...however his managing partner/mentor is a big name NBA agent.  Because he knows i don't know jack about the NBA, MLS, or Tennis he has a tendency to talk freely...........LeBron was never going to stay in Cleveland from day one of his 4th year.  quote "anyone could see that there was huge money to be had by leaving and if LB is nothing he is smart about how to manage his brand"

ergo, no regrets

It couldn't be that he left to make a ton of money, win a few titles, and still found his way back home?  That's pretty much what happened.  He makes most of his money outside of his NBA contract anyway.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 08:26:34 PM »
I am rooting for Lebron because I find his haters insufferable and illogical.

Warriors will win though.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 08:31:40 PM »
It couldn't be that he left to make a ton of money, win a few titles, and still found his way back home?  That's pretty much what happened.  He makes most of his money outside of his NBA contract anyway.
the issue was basically 'did he have regrets leaving Cleveland?'

*goal posts shifting*

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 08:33:57 PM »
Your opinion....and only that.  You may be right, I don't know.  I do know he went back, and he could have gone to any number of teams instead, including staying in Miami.  He didn't, he went back to Cleveland where he still has a home....his home.  All 30,000 square feet of it.  Never sold it....did sell his Miami home, however.  Another way to put it, I suspect he will always have a home in NE Ohio, because that is his home.  He may have houses elsewhere, but he will always be home there.

Lebron went to Miami, because he though Wade and Bosh could bring him a championship. 

He left Miami, because he thought he needed a new ride to a ring.  Cleveland cleared the cap room to bring him Kyrie and Love.  He would have went to any team that could have brought him a similar or better group.

He didn't sell his home for a very practical reason.  No one in Cleveland was going to buy it and he didn't need the money.

Lebron is about as likable as Bill Laimbeer, and about as Loyal and faithful as Bill Clinton (not trying to interject politics, just couldn't come up with a better example).

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 08:38:14 PM »
Why does it matter why he left?  He can leave for whatever reason he wants, and can return for whatever reason he wants. Just like anyone else in any other job.

And I really don't see what is so unlikable about him. I don't really get all wrapped up in the likability of players anyway. My guess is that most are pretty intolerable. I just appreciate what they do on the court.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 08:43:24 PM »
Lebron went to Miami, because he though Wade and Bosh could bring him a championship. 

He left Miami, because he thought he needed a new ride to a ring.  Cleveland cleared the cap room to bring him Kyrie and Love.  He would have went to any team that could have brought him a similar or better group.

He didn't sell his home for a very practical reason.  No one in Cleveland was going to buy it and he didn't need the money.

Lebron is about as likable as Bill Laimbeer, and about as Loyal and faithful as Bill Clinton (not trying to interject politics, just couldn't come up with a better example).

Really? You couldn't think of Bo Ryan? Cmon man!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 08:49:35 PM »

Same view just substitute Draymond for LeBron.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 10:35:21 PM »
I am rooting for Warriors. I like the way they play.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 10:39:32 PM »

What does loyalty have to do with anything?  He was not under contract.  He left.  He fulfilled his end of the bargain...I don't get the loyalty argument at all.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 10:46:34 PM »

The party he helped orchestrate for his move to Miami didn't scream regretful to me.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 10:49:03 PM »
The party he helped orchestrate for his move to Miami didn't scream regretful to me.

You're right, then again do people ever have regrets with time, or are all actions only measured in the first days or months?  Can someone have regrets years later?  Of course they can.

Do you think there are people that got married, first 10 years were fine, but then it turned into a mess and they have regrets, a decade later?  You bet.....despite having a big party when they got married and many more big, happy events for the next decade.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 10:55:29 PM »
Really? You couldn't think of Bo Ryan? Cmon man!

I've had a rough and long day, but there is no excuse for missing that obvious one.  In penance I ran around my block naked 3 times.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2016, 11:03:56 PM »
I've had a rough and long day, but there is no excuse for missing that obvious one.  In penance I ran around my block naked 3 times.

Good.  As you should've!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2016, 11:05:50 PM »
Back to the series.  LeBron is wrong.  The Cavs are not better equipped going into this NBA Finals.  The more anybody other than LeBron has the ball on the Cavs, the worse off they are.  And with Kyrie on the floor, that happens A LOT.  He loves his iso, stand around, jab back and forth for 10 seconds, then throw up a shot while flailing around like a fish out of water hoping to get to the free throw line.  And love is at least trying to realize that him standing around on the perimeter isn't helping his team, but him also not being able to back down Harrison Barnes isn't going to help much either.

I think I gave the Cavs too many games in saying Warriors in 6.  Although the NBA will be giving the Cavs 40+ FTs in the next 3 games to see if they can extend this thing out.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:15:04 PM by wadesworld »

feedback