[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Jay Bee
[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Which game ending play was crazier?  (Read 1257 times)

tower912

• All American
Which game ending play was crazier?
« on: November 01, 2015, 06:16:41 AM »
Michigan-Michigan State or Duke-Miami?     I will stay with Sparty, as it was a rivalry game.   But Duke has to just feel sick. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
Re: Which game ending play was crazier?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 06:32:27 AM »
I'm not sure what the refs were up to at the end of the Duke / Miami game.  They threw a flag for block in the back, and then seemed to imply that they picked it up after reviewing the replay - which would be an improper use of replay.  And I could mention that a Miami guy from the bench and without a helmet entered the field of play before the play was over but that would have been an awfully tough penalty to call that was inconsequential to the game.

College football has been great this year.  The Florida State / Georgia Tech ending was also wild.  Even Michigan / Minnesota had a fun ending to it.  I find myself much more interested in the run of the mill college game than a run of the mill NFL game. 

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 07:35:56 AM »
Michigan-Michigan State or Duke-Miami?     I will stay with Sparty, as it was a rivalry game.   But Duke has to just feel sick.

In all seriousness  these might be the two craziest plays this millennium.  And they occurred with a few weeks of each other.

It is really hard to pick which was crazier but I'll give the slight edge to Duke/Miami because so many more things had to go right (including a new record 9 minute delay for the replay to sort it out ... including an announcement that the replay was decided only to say then say in the next sentence that they were not done looking at it!).

How come the band was not on the field for Duke/Miami!!!!???

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 10:51:22 AM »

We had Michigan-Minnesota and the Duke-UM on the split screen as both were happening.  It was crazy.

Minnesota totally screwed the pooch.  WTF were they doing?  17 seconds left, you have a timeout and they waste all that time?  Cheeses Christmas.

The Miami game, a couple of former MU staff members are down there so they had a tough week, but I actually thought it was a block in the back (mild, but they call that plenty of times)....what's worse, the guy on the field without his helmet on which easily could have been called and the TD wiped out.  Either way, I didn't expect them to call that either.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 10:51:57 AM »
I'm not sure what the refs were up to at the end of the Duke / Miami game.  They threw a flag for block in the back, and then seemed to imply that they picked it up after reviewing the replay - which would be an improper use of replay.  And I could mention that a Miami guy from the bench and without a helmet entered the field of play before the play was over but that would have been an awfully tough penalty to call that was inconsequential to the game.

College football has been great this year.  The Florida State / Georgia Tech ending was also wild.  Even Michigan / Minnesota had a fun ending to it.  I find myself much more interested in the run of the mill college game than a run of the mill NFL game.

I should have read your post first.....exactly....well stated.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 11:26:39 AM »
Michigan / Minnesota had a fun ending to it. 

Gott mit Uns

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 12:13:11 PM »
Gott mit Uns

It's fun watching you become a Harbaugh fan...now.   ;)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 12:16:37 PM »
OOOps

His knee was down.  ACC suspends officiating crew after the game.  And they concur player on the field without his helmet.

http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-announces-11-01-2015

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 05:34:39 PM »
It's fun watching you become a Harbaugh fan...now.   ;)

I loved Harbaugh when he wore the Maize and Blue back in the day.

But as FDR once said of Anastasio Somoza, "He may be a sonuvabitch but he's our sonuvabitch!"

Death on call

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 09:42:03 AM »
We had Michigan-Minnesota and the Duke-UM on the split screen as both were happening.  It was crazy.

Minnesota totally screwed the pooch.  WTF were they doing?  17 seconds left, you have a timeout and they waste all that time?  Cheeses Christmas.

The Miami game, a couple of former MU staff members are down there so they had a tough week, but I actually thought it was a block in the back (mild, but they call that plenty of times)....what's worse, the guy on the field without his helmet on which easily could have been called and the TD wiped out.  Either way, I didn't expect them to call that either.

Regarding the guy on the field without his helmet, I won't pretend like I fully understand when this is or is not a penalty, but Mike Pereira tweeted after the game that that only applies to players removing their helmets that were on the field of play.  Therefore, since this guy ran onto the field having not been in on the play, would not have been a penalty.

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 09:43:17 AM »
Also, after the ACC announced that there were mistakes made and Miami should not have won, the Miami twitter account sent out the following.

https://twitter.com/MiamiHurricanes/status/660875508176044032

I lol'ed.