'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NCAA Tournament  (Read 85290 times)

panda

• All American
Re: NCAA Tournament
« Reply #225 on: March 17, 2023, 08:42:50 AM »
Houston is pathetic. March Kelvin Sampson in full force

(Leading the Mighty Norse by 3 at half.)

shouldn’t you be posting in the hauser thread ?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #226 on: March 17, 2023, 09:21:14 AM »
thar is gold in them thar hills after all...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/college-basketball/article-11872419/March-Madness-numbers-Saint-Peters-Loyola-Chicago-George-Mason-enjoyed-success.html

george mason' run to final four=350% increase in enrollment including 40% increase in out of state apps
don't...don't don't don't don't

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #227 on: March 17, 2023, 09:27:33 AM »
I heard the George Mason figures in an informal discussion with a member of the BOT a couple weeks ago, I had brought up how the team winning the BE would help the school. He said there are studies  showing how much $$ each ESPN mention brings  as well, I just don’t remember the figure he threw out.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #228 on: March 17, 2023, 10:01:03 AM »
Do we want USC or Mich St?

I think one of the 3 seeds are going down today.  I picked USCB on a gut call. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #229 on: March 17, 2023, 10:01:35 AM »
Just because MUBB is set with what they have, which is great, doesn’t mean he can’t play at this level, which was the point.

His rough comp is Prosper, being a versatile player that does a little bit of everything at both ends. In Prosper’s first year in the system he was a 20 minute 7 & 3 player. Now he’s 12 & 5, 29 minutes, 33% from 3.

Carter has been a 10 & 4, 32% from 3, 21 minute player in his first year in their system.

Things worked out at both places.

Hate to be the guy to ruin the unknown for you

But there is a hell of a lot more to a basketball player than pts/rebounds and 3 pt %.

Hell Stevie Mitchell would be lucky to play at wofford if thats all that mattered.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #230 on: March 17, 2023, 10:03:04 AM »

USC of course. Izzo has been to 25 tourneys. They may have had an off year but I think are more dangerous.

Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #231 on: March 17, 2023, 10:03:21 AM »

As someone who is hoping to get tickets for Sunday, I want USC.  Then the MSU fans will sell their tickets and I can grab them cheaply.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #232 on: March 17, 2023, 10:23:17 AM »
Hate to be the guy to ruin the unknown for you

But there is a hell of a lot more to a basketball player than pts/rebounds and 3 pt %.

Hell Stevie Mitchell would be lucky to play at wofford if thats all that mattered.

I hate to point out reading comprehension, but point to where in my posts that I said that's all there is to basketball.

Do you have anything more specific to add to this particular discussion regarding a much different role and position than Stevie Mitchell's 3%?

Carter’s build is closer to Justin Lewis than Prosper. Carter defends the 4 and 5, forces turnovers on ball screens, scores at the rim. runners, floaters, hooks, etc…his usage rate isn’t as high as it was, as he is on a deeper, better team. He was good enough for Marquette, Arkansas, etc to recruit and target.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 10:48:14 AM by shoothoops »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #233 on: March 17, 2023, 10:23:26 AM »
USC of course. Izzo has been to 25 tourneys. They may have had an off year but I think are more dangerous.

That's fair.  But they have not impressed me Scoop Snoop. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 10:33:10 AM by MuggsyB »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #234 on: March 17, 2023, 10:27:57 AM »

it doesn't f*cking matter! 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #235 on: March 17, 2023, 10:33:18 AM »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #236 on: March 17, 2023, 10:43:28 AM »
I know this is old and I'm probably the only person who didn't see it at the time, but this NCAA post-game interview is fantastic.

"So they got more of those than we did."

Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #237 on: March 17, 2023, 11:11:59 AM »
I hate to point out reading comprehension, but point to where in my posts that I said that's all there is to basketball.

Do you have anything more specific to add to this particular discussion regarding a much different role and position than Stevie Mitchell's 3%?

Carter’s build is closer to Justin Lewis than Prosper. Carter defends the 4 and 5, forces turnovers on ball screens, scores at the rim. runners, floaters, hooks, etc…his usage rate isn’t as high as it was, as he is on a deeper, better team. He was good enough for Marquette, Arkansas, etc to recruit and target.

Again,

if you knew basketball or really just watched Carter and Prosper play. Youd see they are two entirely different players. Is Carter the guy Mizzou uses to lockdown players like Jordan Hawkins??

Also ironic you said "I hate to point out reading comprehension" when I literally read(and quoted your post) where the only comps you made were pts/rebounds and 3pt%

You only just now tossed in the incoherent nonsense "Carter’s build is closer to Justin Lewis than Prosper. Carter defends the 4 and 5, forces turnovers on ball screens, scores at the rim. runners, floaters, hooks, etc…his usage rate isn’t as high as it was, as he is on a deeper, better team. He was good enough for Marquette, Arkansas, etc to recruit and target."

I cant read and comprehend what you dont write. Which btw is still a bad comp. Omax doesnt just guard 4s and 5s. Again, see Hawkins, Jordan.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #238 on: March 17, 2023, 11:22:13 AM »
USC doesn’t seem interested in guarding. They only play one on one ball on offense. Pretty garbage team.

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #239 on: March 17, 2023, 11:22:47 AM »
USC doesn’t seem interested in guarding. They only play one on one ball on offense. Pretty garbage team.

Agreed!!

Norm

• All American
« Reply #240 on: March 17, 2023, 11:24:08 AM »
Spartan fans sound pretty loud thus far. If they win today there will be even more of them on Sunday.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #241 on: March 17, 2023, 11:25:19 AM »
Gonna be a road game Sunday. Gotta love it.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #242 on: March 17, 2023, 11:28:20 AM »
USC has some serious length and athletes. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #243 on: March 17, 2023, 11:28:32 AM »
Gonna be a road game Sunday. Gotta love it.

It’ll make the victory that much sweeter.  Izzo pressers after losing are great theater.  Will he blame cell phones?  Social media?  Who knows!
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #244 on: March 17, 2023, 11:30:24 AM »
Good sign that the floor is Marquette’s colors.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #245 on: March 17, 2023, 11:30:33 AM »
USC just refusing to play defense

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #246 on: March 17, 2023, 11:31:29 AM »
USC has some serious length and athletes.

Not many basketball players from what I can tell.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #247 on: March 17, 2023, 11:33:03 AM »
Not many basketball players from what I can tell.

Not a good 4 min stretch there. 

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #248 on: March 17, 2023, 11:36:10 AM »
Again,

if you knew basketball or really just watched Carter and Prosper play. Youd see they are two entirely different players. Is Carter the guy Mizzou uses to lockdown players like Jordan Hawkins??

Also ironic you said "I hate to point out reading comprehension" when I literally read(and quoted your post) where the only comps you made were pts/rebounds and 3pt%

You only just now tossed in the incoherent nonsense "Carter’s build is closer to Justin Lewis than Prosper. Carter defends the 4 and 5, forces turnovers on ball screens, scores at the rim. runners, floaters, hooks, etc…his usage rate isn’t as high as it was, as he is on a deeper, better team. He was good enough for Marquette, Arkansas, etc to recruit and target."

I cant read and comprehend what you dont write. Which btw is still a bad comp. Omax doesnt just guard 4s and 5s. Again, see Hawkins, Jordan.

Lol. That’s a lot of word salad to say Prosper guarded a player for UConn in part of a game. No one said O Max just defends 4’s and 5’s. No one said Carter and Prosper are the same player.

Why so angry? You’ve made 2 trolling posts now without much substance to them.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #249 on: March 17, 2023, 11:40:46 AM »
Lol. That’s a lot of word salad to say Prosper guarded a player for UConn in part of a game. No one said O Max just defends 4’s and 5’s. No one said Carter and Prosper are the same player.

Why so angry? You’ve made 2 trolling posts now without much substance to them.

I'm not angry? Or trolling?

I am quoting what you say word for word. This isnt a my opinion vs yours situation.

You are flat out wrong.

feedback