[Today at 10:35:46 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by #UnleashSean
[Today at 09:35:14 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:50:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2020-21  (Read 187160 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2020-21
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2020, 10:42:31 AM »
Thanks for posting that. A superbly written article that tells the reader all she or he needs to know about Jimmy.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2020, 12:11:11 PM »
Jimmy Butler does not want to be your hero

Really nice piece
https://www.si.com/nba/2020/12/15/jimmy-butler-heat-most-interesting-man-daily-cover

It's a great article. I'd like to think that the writer wanted to make the title of the article, "Jimmy don't give a f---" but SI wouldn't allow it so they went with "Jimmy Butler Does Not Want To Be Your Hero" and just put the DWade quote in the sub-title.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2020, 12:36:08 PM »
The best part of JFB, and the reason he’s so popular, especially in NBA writer circles, is his utter authenticity.  Sure he can be overly aggressive, sure he can be douchey from some perspectives, but he never catches heat (no pun intended) cause he’s unabashedly himself. At worst, he’s probably guilty of playing up his own reputation and habits, but there’s far worse things. He backs up his talk and his actions.  He’s truly one of a kind and easily my fav Marquette NBA player which says a lot when you have a guy like Wade out there

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2020, 06:52:08 PM »
Jimmy Butler does not want to be your hero

Really nice piece
https://www.si.com/nba/2020/12/15/jimmy-butler-heat-most-interesting-man-daily-cover
Tremendous article. JFB has incredible energy .

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2020, 09:33:19 AM »
Max Strus (undrafted out of DePaul) has been playing well for the Heat, put up some gaudy numbers last night against the Raptors. Strus had played a minute for the Bulls/Windy City before he was injured last year. Heat picked him up on a two way.

KZ Okpala is turning into a fine young player too. I know it's preseason, but it's fun to watch young guys making a name for themselves. The Heat continue to have a wonderful eye to unproven talent.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2020, 10:45:26 AM »
Max Strus (undrafted out of DePaul) has been playing well for the Heat, put up some gaudy numbers last night against the Raptors. Strus had played a minute for the Bulls/Windy City before he was injured last year. Heat picked him up on a two way.

KZ Okpala is turning into a fine young player too. I know it's preseason, but it's fun to watch young guys making a name for themselves. The Heat continue to have a wonderful eye to unproven talent.

No idea if Strus will make it or not, but he's a tough kid who is willing to mix it up, and he also can hit 3s, so he has a chance. And he is with an organization that sees talent and develops those who weren't top-5 picks and/or weren't drafted.

wadesworld

• All American
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2020, 12:20:46 PM »

Strus is surprising that he’s sticking a bit. He’s a good shooter, but doesn’t have great size and he’s not that athletic, but kudos to putting in the work.

Speaking of surprising, Sean McDermott from Butler is on a two way with the Grizzlies and getting A LOT of time in the preseason. Dude wasn’t at all impressive to me in college and he’s old, 24 already.  But the NBA has shown you can never have enough shooting

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2020, 01:06:46 PM »
Bucks losing a second round pick in 2022 thanks to the Bogdan $hit$how.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2020, 01:30:40 PM »
Bucks losing a second round pick in 2022 thanks to the Bogdan $hit$how.

Pretty ridiculous in my opinion, unless they’ll be going after the Lakers, Clippers, and Nets for tampering over the last year. Also, Giannis said he showed the Bucks the recruiting texts he’s received from players.

Everyone does it. Were the Bucks so much more blatant than others?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2020, 01:34:55 PM »
Pretty ridiculous in my opinion, unless they’ll be going after the Lakers, Clippers, and Nets for tampering over the last year. Also, Giannis said he showed the Bucks the recruiting texts he’s received from players.

Everyone does it. Were the Bucks so much more blatant than others?

It could be related to the fact that he was still a restricted free agent versus unrestricted.  No idea though.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2020, 02:59:38 PM »
Let’s also be honest, the Bucks are never going to get a benefit of the doubt or break more than an LA or NY team, just is what it is

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2020, 03:28:16 PM »
Whoops, meant to post in the NFL thread
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2020, 11:04:01 PM »
I would give up a 2nd round pick to not have to give Luke Kennard that contract

MU82

• All American
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2020, 08:57:23 AM »
NBA GMs picked Charlotte's LaMelo Ball as favorite to win rookie of the year.

During the preseason, he averaged 8.5 points, 5 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 3.5 turnovers. He shot 26.2% from the field.

Given what I heard about him, those numbers were expected. He is a gifted passer but he is flashy and often tries difficult passes, which helps explain the high TOs. And, like his older brothers, he comes into the NBA with poor shooting form. Here's hoping these weaknesses improve as he gains experience and as he receives NBA-level instruction.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2020, 09:03:20 PM »
heartbreak

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2020, 09:06:49 PM »
Middleton not setting up a 2 for 1 on the Bucks second to last possession was bafflingly stupid. Jrue twice tried to get Middleton into the offense and Middleton waved him off. Jrue just threw his hands up like “okay?”
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2020, 11:49:27 AM »
Jrue is obviously a massive upgrade. Loved what I saw from him.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2020, 12:14:39 PM »
Middleton not setting up a 2 for 1 on the Bucks second to last possession was bafflingly stupid. Jrue twice tried to get Middleton into the offense and Middleton waved him off. Jrue just threw his hands up like “okay?”

I was screaming at my TV like “WTF”.  It could be recency bias, but I feel like Middleton has often made some baffling decisions on 2 for 1 opportunities. I remember a game last year where they had the ball with about 40 seconds left, he brought it up, sat on it outside the arc, and then fired a missed 3 with about 26 seconds on the clock. Like wha?!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2020, 12:25:56 PM »
Jrue is obviously a massive upgrade. Loved what I saw from him.

He is very, very good. One of the more underrated players in the NBA. I think he’ll be the Bucks best player come Playoff time when games are decided in the half court.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #95 on: December 25, 2020, 02:34:33 PM »
Why are the Bucks wearing surplus circa 1995 Cleveland Cavs unis?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #96 on: December 25, 2020, 04:40:30 PM »
Why are the Bucks wearing surplus circa 1995 Cleveland Cavs unis?

Yeah, and when did they switch to two-tone blue as their team colors? It's always been green with red or dark gold trim.

Might just as well list the team colors as ROY G. BIV.... ::)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2020, 05:17:09 PM »
In other news, I have a serious man crush on Jrue. Guy absolutely swallows people up on defense and controls pace like no Bucks point guard in my life ever has. And, from all accounts, is an awesome, awesome guy.

If DDV stays healthy I think he’ll be “good enough” at the 2. He works his ass off defensively and has the confidence needed offensively.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #98 on: December 25, 2020, 08:46:30 PM »
In other news, I have a serious man crush on Jrue. Guy absolutely swallows people up on defense and controls pace like no Bucks point guard in my life ever has. And, from all accounts, is an awesome, awesome guy.

If DDV stays healthy I think he’ll be “good enough” at the 2. He works his ass off defensively and has the confidence needed offensively.

My first time watching them this year and really like the new guys. Portis is going to be a sneaky good pickup. Augustin looked good and Forbes with some nice 3 pointers. Donte looked better too.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #99 on: December 25, 2020, 11:16:18 PM »

Yeah, and when did they switch to two-tone blue as their team colors? It's always been green with red or dark gold trim.

Might just as well list the team colors as ROY G. BIV.... ::)

Every team has their “city” uniform. The Heat’s colors aren’t Miami Vice style neon pink and turquoise.  The Lakers are wearing light blue. Denver had rainbow colors in the past and now a city uniform that is red and orange. It’s meant to be an unrelated alternate Jersey related to something about the team or their city.  The Bucks wore a MECCA-floor uniform 2 years ago, this isn’t a new thing.  No different than Marquette wearing black or turquoise in certain games. It’s marketing and merchandising.  Soccer teams have been wearing road kits and “3rd” kits for years that don’t follow a very conventional color palette. Having only 2 jerseys both related to your “team colors” hasn’t been common in most leagues for a long time.

And if you want to be particular, the Bucks were purple and green for a long time in the 90s and 2000s before returning to the green and red/gold

feedback