[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by MU82
[Today at 12:54:04 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: And Newbill Speaks to Rosiak..  (Read 74198 times)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: And Newbill Speaks to Rosiak..
« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2010, 09:55:31 PM »
Nothing to do with being righteous, but doing what is right...as in MU should do what is right in these cases.  I, alone, do not hold that view but rather many do.  If you want to single one person out, that's fine, it's your dime.

"Do what is right" based on what? YOUR opinion?

Comments like that are why so many posters take exception to what you write.  You act like your words are fact and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong or ignorant or misinformed, etc.  Some people think that MU "did what is right" by signing a better player, thus improving the program.  Are those people wrong because they don't agree with your definition of what's right?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #151 on: August 10, 2010, 09:56:45 PM »
My questions included:

Why are you dwelling on this topic so heavily?

Are you trying to each everyone a lesson?

...and I asked if you think you know the facts, to let me know what they are.

Your reply didn't help to answer any of those.  You suggested that you have no clue what the facts are, which only begs an answer to the first question even more.

I asked pretty much these same questions to Chicos on a different thread a while back. He didn't answer then either.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2010, 09:59:26 PM »
I asked pretty much these same questions to Chicos on a different thread a while back. He didn't answer then either.

It's strange how someone can preach on and on (and on and on and on) about MU doing something that is not right.. yet they don't know any facts about what MU did or didn't do.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2010, 10:17:31 PM »

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2010, 10:58:53 PM »

Maybe you missed the quote under the video....applies to both sides. 

Didn't miss it at all, just pointing out how funny I thought it was to see that come from you, after you seem to take DJ and his camp at their word, and have used their comments to support your arguments. 

:o  Maybe you were too busy fishing to notice it.

I love fishing, thanks for taking interest in my hobbies  :o

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2010, 11:28:00 PM »
Ahh, so only the person who starts the thread counts.  Got it.  

Why are you dwelling on this topic so heavily?  Are you trying to teach everyone a lesson?  I can't imagine how many months of repetitious posts you must have had when our last coach left despite his contract through,... what, 2017?  I'm sure there were excuses there.  

There are so many possibilities with this 'issue'.  If you think you know the facts, please let me know - your wannabe righteous talk is of no interest.  

Speaking of facts, were you aware that the last coach also had a buyout in the contract?  Its sort of like your mortgage--you're allowed to move before the full 30 year term has passed. 

As for facts, the inconvenient one with the Newbill situation is that it is against the rules to have made any sort of prep school deal--even a private one that is only made verbally.

So here's your Hobson's choice:
--Newbill lied (there WAS a prep school agreement), which means that Buzz is a cheat for making such a deal.
--Newbill was truthful (there was no deal), which means Buzz a douche for running Newbill off the team.

Pick your poison.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2010, 11:31:24 PM »
As for facts, the inconvenient one with the Newbill situation is that it is against the rules to have made any sort of prep school deal--even a private one that is only made verbally.

So what your saying is when Buzz announced that one MU player would be going the Prep school route he violated NCAA rules?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2010, 11:46:29 PM »
Speaking of facts, were you aware that the last coach also had a buyout in the contract?  Its sort of like your mortgage--you're allowed to move before the full 30 year term has passed.  As for facts, the inconvenient one with the Newbill situation is that it is against the rules to have made any sort of prep school deal--even a private one that is only made verbally.
So here's your Hobson's choice:
--Newbill lied (there WAS a prep school agreement), which means that Buzz is a cheat for making such a deal.
--Newbill was truthful (there was no deal), which means Buzz a douche for running Newbill off the team.Pick your poison.

How about this: you, just like everyone else here, has NO IDEA about the facts of what happeneed. So stop trying to sound badass. Get off your high horse and move on from your weird obsession with Buzz breaking the riles. You have NO CLUE what happened, don't pretend you do.

Your beloved Tanned Tommy was the douche  you and chicos can grab a bear and fantasize about his greatness.

The ONLY facts we have is that we have a STUD in Jamil Wilson and DJ Newbill is at Southern Miss. Also, according to DJ's camp, DJ had not applied to Marquette 3 (THREE) DAYS(!) before he was scheduled to moe into Marquette. How do you explain that? Or is that normal to you?

I think the real problem you and chicos have with Buzz is that he is taking the programmtomheights that the Saint Tan Tommy Crean couldn't take the program. Hence why you two argue for 7+ pages trying to convince EVERYBODY ELSE that Buzz is terribly at fault when you have absolutely 0 knowledge of the situation!

But please explain the rules to us again. You haven't done that 85 times in this thread alone despite the fact that it's irreligant because...you guessed it, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! STOP PRETENDING YOU DO!

Did I mention, JAMIL WILSON IS A STUD!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #158 on: August 11, 2010, 12:01:38 AM »
My questions included:

Why are you dwelling on this topic so heavily?

Are you trying to each everyone a lesson?

...and I asked if you think you know the facts, to let me know what they are.

Your reply didn't help to answer any of those.  You suggested that you have no clue what the facts are, which only begs an answer to the first question even more.

Why are you asking just me the question?  Why did Ners start this topic?  Why did Rosiak ask the question?  Why is this thread 7 pages long if no one cared about and only I, as you insinuate, am dwelling on the topic so heavily?

Second, the topic at hand has put MU in a bad light, that's why it's worth talking about and why so many MU people care about it.  They don't like MU being put in a bad light.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #159 on: August 11, 2010, 12:05:31 AM »
"Do what is right" based on what? YOUR opinion?

Comments like that are why so many posters take exception to what you write.  You act like your words are fact and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong or ignorant or misinformed, etc.  Some people think that MU "did what is right" by signing a better player, thus improving the program.  Are those people wrong because they don't agree with your definition of what's right?

Yes, my opinion.  You accept an offer, you honor it.  And it's not just MY opinion but those of many people.  MM, if it was such an open and shut case, this thread wouldn't be as long as it is, there wouldn't be articles on ESPN, Philadelphia papers, etc about it.  These types of decisions and actions are controversial by their very nature.  You throw in a He Said He Said twist, a transfer, a kid having a commitment and then not having one, well it becomes news.  People then make opinions about news.

And yes, unfortunately some people think that doing what is right is dumping a player and signing a better one.....you're right, some people do believe that.  That's a sad commentary.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2010, 12:12:43 AM »
Yes, my opinion.  You accept an offer, you honor it.  And it's not just MY opinion but those of many people.  MM, if it was such an open and shut case, this thread wouldn't be as long as it is, there wouldn't be articles on ESPN, Philadelphia papers, etc about it.  These types of decisions and actions are controversial by their very nature.  You throw in a He Said He Said twist, a transfer, a kid having a commitment and then not having one, well it becomes news.  People then make opinions about news.

And yes, unfortunately some people think that doing what is right is dumping a player and signing a better one.....you're right, some people do believe that.  That's a sad commentary.

I think the problem we have here is that nobody cares that you think the situation is wrong because you don't know what happened, yet you say MU should do what is right based on tour opinion. LOL :)). SoCal lifestyle at it's finest.

Anyways, do you KNOW MU just dumped a kid in lesser to add a better player? Because I don't think anybody truly knows that. Mainly because I don't THINK that was the case.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2010, 12:25:44 AM »

I think the real problem you and chicos have with Buzz is that he is taking the programmtomheights that the Saint Tan Tommy Crean couldn't take the program. Hence why you two argue for 7+ pages trying to convince EVERYBODY ELSE that Buzz is terribly at fault when you have absolutely 0 knowledge of the situation!

No, I'm arguing that calling this kid a liar is wrong...I'm arguing when accepting a NLI you should honor it....yet I've yet to see you go after those people that have done that, despite them "having absolutely 0 knowledge of the situation."  Hypocritical, don't you think?  Well, yes, extremely hypocritical on every level, but not surprising.

Yes, I'm glad Jamil Wilson is a stud, looking forward to him playing for UM, it's just too bad a kid got his commitment dropped in the process because a prettier girl showed up.  As I said earlier, you want the facts....start with the real timeline of this whole thing, and that doesn't mean just looking at Newbill but looking at Wilson a well.   That's what makes this whole thing unnecessary, it didn't need to happen.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2010, 06:40:58 AM »
No, I'm arguing that calling this kid a liar is wrong...I'm arguing when accepting a NLI you should honor it....yet I've yet to see you go after those people that have done that, despite them "having absolutely 0 knowledge of the situation."  Hypocritical, don't you think?  Well, yes, extremely hypocritical on every level, but not surprising.

Yes, I'm glad Jamil Wilson is a stud, looking forward to him playing for UM, it's just too bad a kid got his commitment dropped in the process because a prettier girl showed up.  As I said earlier, you want the facts....start with the real timeline of this whole thing, and that doesn't mean just looking at Newbill but looking at Wilson a well.   That's what makes this whole thing unnecessary, it didn't need to happen.

I'm with Chicos on this matter until any statement to the contrary comes forward. Cura Personalis it ain't.

Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2010, 06:45:46 AM »
it's just too bad a kid got his commitment dropped in the process because a prettier girl showed up.  As I said earlier, you want the facts....start with the real timeline of this whole thing, and that doesn't mean just looking at Newbill but looking at Wilson a well.   That's what makes this whole thing unnecessary, it didn't need to happen.

This is what I cannot stand about the stuff you're spewing.  I would agree the timeline and knowledge we have makes this situation reflect poorly on Buzz, but how do you get off by stating a timeline is all you need prove that Buzz ditched this kid for a prettier girl.  I could look at a timeline of DJ's high school coach getting fired, rumors of DJ shopping for other schools, Buzz stating that one MU recruit would go the prep route, DJ not getting his paperwork in and create a compelling argument that DJ's side was at least partially at fault in this.  The only difference is when I look at both sides of the story, I don't claim one to be fact and one to be fiction because I (and you) haven't the slightest of clues.  If you can convince people that a timeline is enough evidence to clearly show Buzz is at fault in this you should be a lawyer.

d6

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #164 on: August 11, 2010, 07:28:05 AM »
Why the obsession with Jamil Wilson calling it the University of Marquette (UM)?  What is the insinuation supposed to be?  Be honest.  There are so many instances of people referring to Notre Dame University or University of Kansas or Kentucky University.  Do all those people get called out in the same condescending fashion?  To continually mock a young person for a simple mistake is ridiculous.  And it completely undermines the argument at hand because it comes off as small and petty.  ....my two cents.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2010, 08:21:16 AM »

I agree. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion.

We all have the same amount of information and we can all draw our own conclusions and form our own opinions based off of that information. It becomes an issue when you constantly post that your opinion is right and those who disagree with you are wrong, or that it's "a sad commentary" when people believe something contrary to what you believe on this issue. You clearly don't respect what other people have to say. Personally, I have no problem with you believing that Buzz and MU are completely in the wrong here. That's fine. I do have a problem with you telling me and everyone on this board that we should share that opinion.

Sidenote: What guy hasn't ditched a girl for a more attractive option at some point in his dating life?

LON

• All American
« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2010, 08:31:31 AM »

You harp on people calling Newbill "a liar" and then you toss in that little gem.

That was douchy.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2010, 09:28:12 AM »

Kramerica

• Starter
« Reply #168 on: August 11, 2010, 09:34:47 AM »
So we're not done with this topic yet?

Maybe we can better spend our time arguing about whether Tom Crean is the devil or not. 

Or about how awesome it was when we were the Warriors. 

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #169 on: August 11, 2010, 09:55:45 AM »
i think we should make a separate thread where people can b!tch about how some of us are still talking about this. that way they can all empathize there, while people still interested in hashing this out can do it here. 

Just so I have all my ducks in a row, what scenarios exist (presuming that DJ academically qualified, which hasn't really been disputed) where Buzz would not have broken any recruiting rules and the way things went down would have been completely in accordance with NCAA rules?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #170 on: August 11, 2010, 10:00:10 AM »
i think we should make a separate thread where people can b!tch about how some of us are still talking about this. that way they can all empathize there, while people still interested in hashing this out can do it here. 

Just so I have all my ducks in a row, what scenarios exist (presuming that DJ academically qualified, which hasn't really been disputed) where Buzz would not have broken any recruiting rules and the way things went down would have been completely in accordance with NCAA rules?

Good idea on the separate thread!

One scenario: Buzz could have called DJ and said, "We found a better player than you so we need you to ask for your release so we can sign him instead."

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #171 on: August 11, 2010, 10:00:43 AM »

Why don't you figure this part out?

I'll be on the other thread b!tching. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 10:02:55 AM by ATL MU Warrior »

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #172 on: August 11, 2010, 10:31:03 AM »
Man, has this gotten tedious. 

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #173 on: August 11, 2010, 10:47:42 AM »
Why the obsession with Jamil Wilson calling it the University of Marquette (UM)?  What is the insinuation supposed to be?  Be honest.  There are so many instances of people referring to Notre Dame University or University of Kansas or Kentucky University.  Do all those people get called out in the same condescending fashion?  To continually mock a young person for a simple mistake is ridiculous.  And it completely undermines the argument at hand because it comes off as small and petty.  ....my two cents.
University of Kansas actually is correct.  The KU abbreviation as a Big 12 thing and even appears in the schools website:  www.ku.edu  Weird.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #174 on: August 11, 2010, 11:08:45 AM »

Why don't I call out those that think Buzz isn't at fault? Because they usually state that they don't know what happened but in their opinion it probably went something like... When you talk you say things like "Yes in my opinion" when someone asks you whose opinion MU should base what is right on. It's an absolute joke and sums up how you post. You post as if you know absolutely everything and what you say is right and whoever disagrees with you is "a child" when in fact you act like the child. It's like you never moved past the phase of life where you are the center of the world. You just never realized that people form differing opinions and you aren't always right. It's okay to be wrong or to let people have their own opinions without thinking of them as a "child." You have yet to realize that, and you make it very well known.

There is a big difference between HOW other people state what they believe and how you go about doing it. So no, me posting against you is not hypocritical.

For example you state that I am blatantally calling Newbill a liar when I say there MAY HAVE BEEN more to it than what he said, so all of a sudden I'm calling him a liar (huh...no) and then you go and say there's more to it than what IWB put out there and when people accuse you of saying Buzz is a liar (what you did to those who said Newbill's story may not be 100% true) it's a mortal sin. It's ridiculous. Get off your high horse.

We get t. You worked in big time college athletic departments. You talk to famous people working in TV.  You played college athletics. You are AWESOME. But that doesn't mean what you say on here is the end-all-be-all. And that's why I call you out. And I'm pretty sure 98% of the people on here will agree