'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

If we had to choose one to leave who would it be?

Wojo
Markus
Hauser Brothers
The arena bat

Author Topic: If We Had a Choice?  (Read 3679 times)

Class71

• All American
If We Had a Choice?
« on: April 16, 2019, 08:47:29 AM »
Your time to vote.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

MU82

• All American
Re: If We Had a Choice?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 08:48:17 AM »
Is "But we don't have a choice" a choice?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 08:49:05 AM »
Head Coach.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 08:52:29 AM »
I will always take the individuals that want to be here over the ones that do not.  Markus had an opportunity to leave, and Wojo (as all head coaches do) always has a chance to leave every Spring.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 09:00:14 AM »
The players.  As much as I think this is on Wojo and that he's likely not going to be around much longer, you always side with the head coach when ultimatums are tossed around.  Players don't dictate this.  That's a recipe for long-term disaster.

Of course if there was something illegal, unethical, etc. going around, that would be a different question entirely.

Put it this way, if the administration felt compelled to fire Wojo today, I wouldn't take the Hausers back.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 09:02:09 AM »
I will always take the individuals that want to be here over the ones that do not.  Markus had an opportunity to leave, and Wojo (as all head coaches do) always has a chance to leave every Spring.

This.

you always side with the head coach when ultimatums are tossed around.  Players don't dictate this.  That's a recipe for long-term disaster.

Also this.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 09:09:07 AM »

You're right that anyone can leave. Anytime, too - doesn't have be Spring. But where exactly was Wojo going to go? And what was he going to do? You say he "wants" to be here. I hope so. But what (if any) were his other choices?

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 09:09:17 AM »
I think this is precisely where people that are going psycho, have it all wrong. This is their decision alone. They can arrive at that decision any way they care to, and it really doesn't matter. They are not property of Marquette and its fans.

Have any of you ever changed jobs? Ever changed your mind completely on something? You did it for your own reasons. You didn't do it just to spite someone or some people.

I'm also agreeing with the rational posters above on this. We got better losing these two kids. Who would have wanted them to stay and be miserable? Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess.

PistolPete

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 09:10:57 AM »

Sure he does; but where's he going to go? I love when people suggest it's just a matter of time before Duke hands him the reigns. What exactly has he done at MU to deserve a major promotion?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019, 09:13:43 AM »
I hope Duke hands him the reigns today, then he will be their problem. Wojo is not cut out for this profession, at least at this level.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 09:17:26 AM »
Unredacted Mueller Report

Class71

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 09:20:39 AM »
I do not blame Markus and the Hausers since they are rightly or wrongly looking out for their own best interests. That leaves Wojo and the Bat and the Bat is not in the new arena.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 09:25:07 AM »
People confuse not officially negotiating with other programs with not having the opportunity to leave.  Wojo could have pursued Arkansas, Virginia Tech, Cincinnati, Alabama or any number of open positions this Spring.  Just because he was not a traditional fit for those programs, doesn't mean those schools would not have offered if he expressed interest.  UCLA hired a coach with zero west coast ties.  Arkansas settled on one of its major fallback options in Musselman.  St. John's (whose AD Wojo has a relationship dating back many, many years) is in a really tough spot now that Hurley passed, and administration doesn't fully support Cluess. 

Losing the Hausers sucks - it'd be foolish to say otherwise.  But what's done is done.  I, for one, am excited to see how the team and staff respond in the coming days and beyond.  The optimist in me wants to say that - with a plethora of minutes now opening for 2021 and beyond, that we have a pretty nice chip for impact recruits; and, for as skilled as the Hausers were with their potential, they were not without their limitations/weaknesses (as all players have).  We could take a major step back next year (in which case the argument for a coaching change will be loud and vocal); or, just perhaps, certain players take a jump, we get a transfer or two, we do not rely on Markus as much for scoring, and we become a pretty strong team. 

In any event, next year essentially becomes Judgment Day for the staff and program.  Let's just wait and see how the roster fills out in the coming weeks.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 10:03:51 AM »
I'm figuring Wojo pulls a Buzz. Keeps his eyes and ears open next season looking for any port in a storm
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2019, 10:10:59 AM »
I'm figuring Wojo pulls a Buzz. Keeps his eyes and ears open next season looking for any port in a storm

I agree, I think that's a realistic scenario.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 10:16:40 AM »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 11:12:11 AM »

Losing the Hausers sucks - it'd be foolish to say otherwise.  But what's done is done.  I, for one, am excited to see how the team and staff respond in the coming days and beyond.  The optimist in me wants to say that - with a plethora of minutes now opening for 2021 and beyond, that we have a pretty nice chip for impact recruits; and, for as skilled as the Hausers were with their potential, they were not without their limitations/weaknesses (as all players have).  We could take a major step back next year (in which case the argument for a coaching change will be loud and vocal); or, just perhaps, certain players take a jump, we get a transfer or two, we do not rely on Markus as much for scoring, and we become a pretty strong team. 

In any event, next year essentially becomes Judgment Day for the staff and program.  Let's just wait and see how the roster fills out in the coming weeks.

Hmm. I like the cut of your jib

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2019, 12:20:33 PM »

Yep, get out of the Kitchen.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 12:21:03 PM »
Bad poll (nh)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Shooter Flatch

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2019, 12:30:54 PM »
At this point I would say the Hauser Brothers because of the 4 choices they are the only ones who willingly walked out in their team.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2019, 01:54:39 PM »
At this point I would say the Hauser Brothers because of the 4 choices they are the only ones who willingly walked out in their team.
+1
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2019, 02:41:08 PM »
I hope Duke hands him the reigns today, then he will be their problem. Wojo is not cut out for this profession, at least at this level.

Yeup. Dumpster fire with toxic waste.

Time to go

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2019, 02:45:43 PM »
I feel if we pick A, we would lose B and C, and be stuck with D only.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2019, 02:47:55 PM »
Bad poll (nh)

But I still chose the Bad Pole from the options.