Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ohio State Matchup/Prediction  (Read 11851 times)

Class71

• All American
Re: Ohio State Matchup/Prediction
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2014, 02:17:32 AM »
This will be a major learning experience for MU. The point spread predictions above are generally optimistic but that should be of no surprise given we are MU fans. Just remember not to become bipolar and trash the team if they do not live up to what we want versus what is realistic this early in the season.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2014, 08:20:37 AM »
LNH Link: Marquette Travels to Our Big Ten #1 Ohio State

Commentary on key tOSU players, etc. Don't like the match up much.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2014, 08:49:24 AM »

As always, a nice synopsis.  *If* MU has a chance, it is via full court pressure while staying out of foul trouble. tOSU's roster is comprised of mostly freshmen or seniors. If MU can pressure and cause an uptempo game against their youngsters, it will play into MU strengths of low turnovers on offense and high turnover generation on defense.

Matta's teams always play excellent defense, and they will want to make this a half court game with the distinct paint advantage. If he does, which is likely, it will be a long day as you so thoroughly point out.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2014, 10:20:05 AM »

Y'all picked Bucky over the Buckeyes? I'm curious what your rationale was. I don't think you are wrong, you're just the only site I've seen pick OSU.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2014, 09:12:40 PM »
The season is still early but I believe Ohio State does have a few open questions.  They lost their three leading scorers from last season and arguably the heart and soul in Craft.  Russell is a high level recruit that in his first game came to play but against Umass Lowell.  I think we need to figure out how to shut him down.  The second person I would target is Shannon Scott. What interests me about him is that he played 30 minutes in a blow out. He and Russell accounted for 17 of 20 assists.  

Neither of their centers played much. Amir Williams is Senior and starter in the first game. He didn't play much and his hasn't been a factor in his first three years.

Loving at the three is another player to watch along with Sam Thompson at the four.  I expect a good number of threes from them along with Russell.

I think if we press Russell and Smith and limit them we have a good chance at this game but that could be a tough order.  I would put the two Wilsons and Carlino on Smith and JJJ on Russell. Russell, at 6'5, is going to be a tough matchup if JJJ gets into foul trouble as Duane and Carlino will give up 3". Sandy and Juan might need to play more two and Deonte will have more time at the 3/4.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 10:02:09 PM by BallBoy »

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2014, 09:18:55 PM »
I'm putting it out there...we shock the world 3 amigos style. On to the NCAA's.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2014, 10:01:14 PM »
I'm putting it out there...we shock the world 3 amigos style. On to the NCAA's.
That's dreaming too small. Try again, but this time with some real flare.

feedback