[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: It only gets worse for Bucky  (Read 138957 times)

Black Swan

• Scholarship Player
Re: It only gets worse for Bucky
« Reply #700 on: March 03, 2018, 08:26:36 PM »
Lay off 2323. He is clearly either 10 years old or slow. I am a very proud UW grad and I  really like Davison but he is a role player on a good team. He has to quit with the fake hustle, start moving his feet and stop with the constant flops. For every charge he takes he costs his team multiple points. Any team would like to have him but at this stage of his career, if he is a top 2 player the team will stink as UW's record indicates.

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #701 on: March 03, 2018, 08:33:01 PM »
What was the Badgers record the last 10?

5-5 the last 10

5-8 the last 13

Congrats.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #702 on: March 03, 2018, 09:41:16 PM »
5-5 the last 10

5-8 the last 13

Congrats.

Exactly ... when they "played well" they were a .500 B1G.  7th place.  That is not going to get it done.

As a badger hater, I think the last 5 games was the perfect outcome.  Gard stays.  He cannot recruit and he cannot develop talent like Bo.  Herro decommitting is like Wolf choosing UNC.  Stick a fork in them.  The next question is how much mediocrity do they want to put up with before they start over with someone else?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #703 on: March 03, 2018, 09:41:45 PM »
Andy Katz is an idiot and also a badger alumn. Kobe king played like 5 games and averaged 10 points or less. Trice is complete garbage. Probably the worst 3 pt shooter I have seen.

Because they're black?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #704 on: March 03, 2018, 09:44:18 PM »
Because they're black?

No. Because they don’t have heart.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #705 on: March 03, 2018, 09:47:45 PM »
Come on, man. Everybody knows that Kobe King would be the best player in Marquette history.

Just trying to figure out who among Wade, Lucas, Lee, Thompson, Meminger, Lackey, etc, would be second.
You are a complete idiot.  King cannot cut it at MU.  He should be playing at Green Bay.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #706 on: March 03, 2018, 10:12:13 PM »
All I know is that a 19 year pain in my ass ended on Friday and I hope the relief lasts for years.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #707 on: March 04, 2018, 12:14:41 AM »
What was the Badgers record the last 10?

To be fair, I said 8 to 10.

Last 10 was 5-5.  Last 8 was was 5-3.

The losses, twice to Michigan State by a total of 8 points (5 and 3 point losses).  A loss to red hot Michigan.   In that stretch they beat top 10 Purdue
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #708 on: March 04, 2018, 12:20:42 AM »

The losses, twice to Michigan State by a total of 8 points (5 and 3 point losses).  A loss to red hot Michigan.   In that stretch they beat top 10 Purdue

Who gives a f***k.  Enjoy the moral victories

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #709 on: March 04, 2018, 12:24:07 AM »
Who gives a f***k.  Enjoy the moral victories

I think they aren't as bad as people are making them out to be and will be back next year.  I have enjoyed their down season.
— Plato

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #710 on: March 04, 2018, 01:09:44 PM »

They hit Purdue and Michigan State at he right time welhen both were struggling. Spartan went down 27 against northwestern before pulling off an epic comeback and they proved Bucky’s moral victory was not as the crapped the bed against Michigan the next day.

But hey, keep making excuses.  Thrilled Gard is returning.  Next year is year 4 and all he has left is Happ ... his last Bo player.

As I wrote before, I hope the excuses continue and Grad is allowed years to turn them into Rutgers.

King should be playing for Green Bay ... and his coach should be Gard.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #711 on: March 04, 2018, 01:17:45 PM »
Who is the best player Gard recruited as HC?  Wojo has Ellenson, Rowsey , Katin, Sam and Markus.  Eliott, Cain and Theo might make this list. more coming.

Gard cannot recruit
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 01:21:21 PM by Tugg Speedman »

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #712 on: March 04, 2018, 01:32:39 PM »
They hit Purdue and Michigan State at he right time welhen both were struggling. Spartan went down 27 against northwestern before pulling off an epic comeback and they proved Bucky’s moral victory was not as the crapped the bed against Michigan the next day.

But hey, keep making excuses.  Thrilled Gard is returning.  Next year is year 4 and all he has left is Happ ... his last Bo player.

As I wrote before, I hope the excuses continue and Grad is allowed years to turn them into Rutgers.

King should be playing for Green Bay ... and his coach should be Gard.

Since Purdue lost to Wisconsin they have won 5 straight and play for the Big Ten Tournament title today against a very game Michigan team.  Michigan State is 24-3, I agree they have not looked quite as good, but 24-3 indicates how good of a team they are.

Wisconsin will be better next year and we shouldn't think this is the new norm, not yet anyway.  Way too early to tell.

— Plato

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #713 on: March 04, 2018, 02:08:21 PM »
Can true Marquette fans plz stop commenting on this thread??!!
Let Black Swan n 2323 comment on it all they want, but to read MU fans keep a thread at the top of all the posts with an ongoing discussion about badger bball is fin disgusting.  Go to the damn badger boards.  Enuff already!!!  And Black Swan n 2323 go fook urselfs.  Fook Wisconsin
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #714 on: March 04, 2018, 02:13:56 PM »
Can true Marquette fans plz stop commenting on this thread??!!
Let Black Swan n 2323 comment on it all they want, but to read MU fans keep a thread at the top of all the posts with an ongoing discussion about badger bball is fin disgusting.  Go to the damn badger boards.  Enuff already!!!  And Black Swan n 2323 go fook urselfs.  Fook Wisconsin

I mean, I don't think Black Swan has been anything but reasonable any time he/she has posted. So I'm not going to insult or discourage him/her from posting in the future.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #715 on: March 04, 2018, 02:53:36 PM »

Only lost to MSU by 8 points, but fails to mention the the 4 point win over Purdue, had to take Minnesota in OT, NW by 6 and Maryland by 5. They really blew those teams out of the water.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #716 on: March 04, 2018, 02:55:47 PM »
Who is the best player Gard recruited as HC?  Wojo has Ellenson, Rowsey , Katin, Sam and Markus.  Eliott, Cain and Theo might make this list. more coming.

Gard cannot recruit

Davison and King.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #717 on: March 04, 2018, 04:35:19 PM »
Only lost to MSU by 8 points, but fails to mention the the 4 point win over Purdue, had to take Minnesota in OT, NW by 6 and Maryland by 5. They really blew those teams out of the water.

I did mention the win over Purdue.  Any win over a top 10 team is a good win, by 4 or 8 or 20 or 1 point.

Yes, it took OT for a road win against Minnesota.  A road win at Northwestern, any road win is good.  Remember we just lost on the road to DePaul, the road is tough.  Maryland win was a higher seeded team in their tournament and won on a neutral court. 

— Plato

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #718 on: March 04, 2018, 04:41:13 PM »
Wisconsin was horrible this year. We’ll see if they’re significantly better next year, but they were an awful team this year.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #719 on: March 04, 2018, 04:42:52 PM »
Wisconsin was horrible this year. We’ll see if they’re significantly better next year, but they were an awful team this year.

This is three most accurate post I've seen so far
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #720 on: March 04, 2018, 04:59:30 PM »

I would say they were decent out of the gate.  Xavier game was tied with a few minutes to go.  Lost to UCLA in final seconds.  Baylor game was a bucket difference with a few minutes to play. Then they had about a 10 to 15 game stretch of very poor basketball, but finished respectable in the last eight when they learned to play with their remaining parts.
— Plato

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #721 on: March 04, 2018, 05:06:40 PM »
I would say they were decent out of the gate.  Xavier game was tied with a few minutes to go.  Lost to UCLA in final seconds.  Baylor game was a bucket difference with a few minutes to play. Then they had about a 10 to 15 game stretch of very poor basketball, but finished respectable in the last eight when they learned to play with their remaining parts.

So a lot of...losses?

Yeah, I’ll stick with them being a bad team this year. 9th out of 14 teams in a bad league. Under .500 record on the season.

They weren’t good this year. At all.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #722 on: March 04, 2018, 05:36:48 PM »
I mean, I don't think Black Swan has been anything but reasonable any time he/she has posted. So I'm not going to insult or discourage him/her from posting in the future.

Yeah, I'm leaning that way too.  He registered in 2008 and I don't think he is a sleeping cell Troller for all those years.

To me his comments on the Heart issue was more emotional rather than rational, similar to ones we find in the  our  "In  game thread."  Then it just got lines drawn in the sand.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #723 on: March 04, 2018, 05:42:29 PM »

Wouldn't be Scoop without Chicos fluffing the Badgers.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #724 on: March 04, 2018, 07:55:37 PM »
+100.