'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: It only gets worse for Bucky  (Read 139127 times)

The Scat

• Walk-On
Re: It only gets worse for Bucky
« Reply #675 on: March 03, 2018, 09:41:48 AM »
Davison's act needs to stop. The "charge" he took on Markus when he slid underneath him, was a really dangerous play. Can't wait for all of the talk about the grittiness after he tears someone's ACL or breaks their leg.

I think even most Wisconsin fans would agree with the bolded part.  Constantly flopping to draw charges is amateurish and should backfire with good officiating. 

Davison is a below the rim power guard who would be a nice complementary piece on a lot of good teams.  His lack of athleticism limits his upside.  As posted above, MU could use some of his toughness.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #676 on: March 03, 2018, 09:54:05 AM »
Badger fans must be amused the board has amassed 27 pages of nonsense.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #677 on: March 03, 2018, 09:56:59 AM »

Are you not familiar with the rest of the board?

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #678 on: March 03, 2018, 10:26:51 AM »
the kid plays with heart and quite frankly someone this team could greatly benefit with.
A) you should’ve gone with this then. This is much different than what you said
B) he’s a decent player who plays hard but is also soft as sh*t considering all his embarrassing gutless flops. I have no respect for that type of play
No Finish Line

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #679 on: March 03, 2018, 12:39:25 PM »
After watching Wisconsin in the B1G tourney, I think they would be stupid to fire Gard.    The team pulled it together late and was competitive over the last few weeks.   Combine that with two guards returning from injury and I think they will be an upper level B1G team next season.    I wish they would suck in perpetuity, but, alas, I don't think it is meant to be.

I hope you're right. Happier to see them draw things out with Gard and sink their program further.

They were awful this season even with Happ, I will hold out optimism for their future until Gard can prove he can bring in/develop players of that caliber. Until then, I'll anticipate a few more seasons of satisfying ineptitude.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #680 on: March 03, 2018, 01:25:38 PM »
You guys can bash me all u want and while my comment about him being the best player on MU was over the top the kid plays with heart and quite frankly someone this team could greatly benefit with. Alot of MU fans have the wojo glasses on but the fact is we have not have anyone like the way Davison plays with nonstop hustle since Buzz left.

<<You guys can bash me all u want and while my comment about him being the best player on MU was over the top the kid plays with heart and quite frankly someone this team could greatly benefit with.>>

Ah, but this isn't close to what you said previously, which was not only over the top but ridiculous.

<<Alot of MU fans have the wojo glasses on but the fact is we have not have anyone like the way Davison plays with nonstop hustle since Buzz left.>>

Most Scoopers are fairly realistic, and most who have bothered commented have said they'd be happy to have a role player like Davison on the team for the exact reasons you state here.

And what you say here isn't "the fact," it's "the opinion" of somebody who loves a Vadger teenage boy a little too much.

Not sure what proof you could offer that Davison hustles more than/has more heart than Sam, Katin, DWilson (either one), Rowsey, Heldt, Theo, Juan, etc. Because he flops a lot?

Again, I'd take the kid on my team. But he was the second-best or third-best player on a horrible team in a bad conference, a team that was so bad they lost at home to Marquette by 1,000 points.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #681 on: March 03, 2018, 02:30:07 PM »
You guys can bash me all u want and while my comment about him being the best player on MU was over the top the kid plays with heart and quite frankly someone this team could greatly benefit with. Alot of MU fans have the wojo glasses on but the fact is we have not have anyone like the way Davison plays with nonstop hustle since Buzz left.

See that’s just false. This MU team plays with plenty of heart and hustle.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #682 on: March 03, 2018, 04:25:05 PM »
Hey Mu2323 ...

If only Sam and AR and Markus and Cain and Heldt had shown any heart today, we might have actually won a bigger pressure game than "Davidson" has ever played.

If only any of our players were as uniquely skilled as The Flopper Who Would Be Our Best Player.

Dontcha love it when dipshytes come on here and humiliate themselves?

Now go smooch your F%cky bro-crush, Michael Jeffrey Davidson.

Mu2323

• Starter
« Reply #683 on: March 03, 2018, 04:30:56 PM »
Hey Mu2323 ...

If only Sam and AR and Markus and Cain and Heldt had shown any heart today, we might have actually won a bigger pressure game than "Davidson" has ever played.

If only any of our players were as uniquely skilled as The Flopper Who Would Be Our Best Player.

Dontcha love it when dipshytes come on here and humiliate themselves?

Now go smooch your F%cky bro-crush, Michael Jeffrey Davidson.

You act like a 5 year old bitch boy. Big pressure? I home game on senior night get real. Come find me when Marquettes in the final four, Hell find me when they make the ncaa tournament.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #684 on: March 03, 2018, 04:32:37 PM »
You act like a 5 year old bitch boy. Big pressure? I home game on senior night get real. Come find me when Marquettes in the final four, Hell find me when they make the ncaa tournament.

Your Badgers will have fun watching the NCAA tournament from their couch this year

MU82

• All American
« Reply #685 on: March 03, 2018, 04:38:20 PM »
Come find me when Marquettes in the final four.

Hmmm ... that doesn't really sound like something a "diehard Marquette fan" would say. Indeed, sounds like something a fan of a different team would say to an actual Marquette fan.

Character revealed, you lying poser.

Davidson wants to cuddle, so toddle on over to F%ckyland.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #686 on: March 03, 2018, 04:59:10 PM »

Maybe.  But not enough nonsense that their fans have coming over to this board,  posing as Marquette fans,  and then posting in this exact thread.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #687 on: March 03, 2018, 05:10:40 PM »

I am not one to demean people, tell them to F-off, etc., but I do have a question for you.

If you despise MU basketball to the extent that you post in various threads, what motivates you to even participate in such discussions? 

I particularly don't care for certain sports teams, which in sports is a fun thing, but I don't go to that team's forum web site and berate them every opportunity I can, I have much better things to do in life.  Most individuals and sport fans would tend to agree. 

I know....some will say you are what they call a "troll" and I really don't care, but I would appreciate your mindset as to why?

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #688 on: March 03, 2018, 05:11:01 PM »
Maybe.  But not enough nonsense that their fans have coming over to this board,  posing as Marquette fans,  and then posting in this exact thread.

Certainly. They're so irrelevant this year the thread should be 7 pages.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #689 on: March 03, 2018, 06:44:24 PM »
Wisconsin played well the last 8 to 10 games or so of the season.  They will be back, but good to know this year they are done, Happ hopefully gone and the streak is over.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

MU82

• All American
« Reply #690 on: March 03, 2018, 07:04:28 PM »
Big pressure? I home game on senior night get real.

Name the biggest "pressure" college game of Kobe CP3 Davidson's career?

After we beat your F%cky Vadgers by 1,000 points at the Kohl Hole, y'all didn't play a single game that mattered because your season was, in effect, over.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #691 on: March 03, 2018, 07:09:52 PM »
Wisconsin played well the last 8 to 10 games or so of the season.  They will be back, but good to know this year they are done, Happ hopefully gone and the streak is over.

Happ is going nowhere this year. You don't get points in the NBA for being a great player on a terrible team. And I'm not convinced he has much of a future in the league the way his game is constructed. Reminds me a bit of Greg Monroe (not bad!) but Greg could step out for a mid range. Happ has none of that.

I agree with you that the last stretch of their season is a reminder that they're not going away. King will be back. Davison - while he'll go down as one of my most hated Badgers (saying something after Frank and Sam) - will be a pain in the ass for 4 years. Really happy to see Herro in blue and white. While he wasn't a savior, he was a big piece.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #692 on: March 03, 2018, 07:10:43 PM »
Herro = The Cartographer
Davison = The Dustmop
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #693 on: March 03, 2018, 07:11:46 PM »
Happ is going nowhere this year. You don't get points in the NBA for being a great player on a terrible team. And I'm not convinced he has much of a future in the league the way his game is constructed. Reminds me a bit of Greg Monroe (not bad!) but Greg could step out for a mid range. Happ has none of that.
Not the NBA.  If he wants to earn some coin it will be in Europe
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #694 on: March 03, 2018, 07:19:31 PM »
I don't really understand this whole they played better down the stretch thing going on.  Yes they beat Purdue which was a great win, not taking anything away from that, but their other wins consist of northwestern, Minnesota and Illinois. Not exactly great wins. Playing Michigan State close only counts for moral victories.  The way to beat them hasn't changed, shut down Happ, everyone else is extremely hit or miss. They will be better next year because they don't lose anyone, but they will be a bubble team at best imo.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #695 on: March 03, 2018, 07:19:57 PM »
Today's NBA is not kind to ground-anchored power forwards whose shooting range extends out to only 3 feet.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #696 on: March 03, 2018, 07:20:55 PM »
The way to beat them hasn't changed, shut down Happ, everyone else is extremely hit or miss.

"Davidson" is hit or miss? The greatest player ever to play college ball in the state of Wisconsin?

Take it back!

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #697 on: March 03, 2018, 07:21:57 PM »
"Davidson" is hit or miss? The greatest player ever to play college ball in the state of Wisconsin?

Take it back!
I thought that was Herro, he put Wisconsin on the map you know

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #698 on: March 03, 2018, 07:25:27 PM »

You sound like a huge Marquette fan.

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #699 on: March 03, 2018, 07:35:01 PM »

What was the Badgers record the last 10?