[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: It only gets worse for Bucky  (Read 139062 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: It only gets worse for Bucky
« Reply #400 on: January 24, 2018, 02:27:13 PM »
This is a fun tweet. We should all call, fire Gard!

https://twitter.com/kylemaichle52/status/956039792931766272

We should call and say what a great job he's doing
Maigh Eo for Sam

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #401 on: January 24, 2018, 02:27:54 PM »
You're thinking of their home win against Western Kentucky. Davison drew a questionable "charge" with a second left to get free throws to win.

I am indeed. Very much so.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #402 on: January 24, 2018, 02:28:19 PM »
This is a fun tweet. We should all call, fire Gard!

https://twitter.com/kylemaichle52/status/956039792931766272

I'd give Gard an extension and a raise!

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #403 on: January 24, 2018, 02:33:00 PM »
We should call and say what a great job he's doing

Careful, you don’t want to make powerful enemies like the future US ambassador to Australia.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #404 on: January 24, 2018, 02:41:33 PM »
Careful, you don’t want to make powerful enemies like the future US ambassador to Australia.

Is this a Flight of the Conchords line?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #405 on: January 29, 2018, 09:30:32 PM »
Bucky is up by 11 at home to a semi-decent Nebraska team.

This is nearly a perfect outcome.  If Bucky wins this game they are 11-12 (4-6) and going to no post-season tournament (unless they want to pay to play Vegas). 

But a win like this increases the chance that Barry keeps Gard one more season.  Please, please Barry, show some patience with your coach.  After all, you need five years to judge!

Best part ... the Big Ten wanted Madison Square Garden so bad they moved up their tournament a week.  It starts February 28.

This means Bucky gets no bye and is a severe dog in their first game.  So ... their season could be done February 28 meaning they are the first power 5 team to end their season in 2018!!!

29 days until this miserable Bucky season is over.  Then Barry can give Gard a vote of confidence and a week later Happ announces he is Grad transferring.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 09:32:48 PM by Tugg Speedman »

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #406 on: January 29, 2018, 10:10:24 PM »

This is nearly a perfect outcome.  If Bucky wins this game they are 11-12 (4-6) and going to no post-season tournament (unless they want to pay to play Vegas). 

But a win like this increases the chance that Barry keeps Gard one more season.  Please, please Barry, show some patience with your coach.  After all, you need five years to judge!

Best part ... the Big Ten wanted Madison Square Garden so bad they moved up their tournament a week.  It starts February 28.

This means Bucky gets no bye and is a severe dog in their first game.  So ... their season could be done February 28 meaning they are the first power 5 team to end their season in 2018!!!

29 days until this miserable Bucky season is over.  Then Barry can give Gard a vote of confidence and a week later Happ announces he is Grad transferring.
Lol

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #407 on: January 29, 2018, 10:12:41 PM »
22 point swing there, Tuggy.  Gard Gowne!

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #408 on: January 29, 2018, 10:18:46 PM »
22 point swing there, Tuggy.  Gard Gowne!

As you noted, Bucky was outscored by 22 points in the last 10 minutes at home.  I will never again underestimate how much Bucky can suck. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 10:20:20 PM by Tugg Speedman »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #409 on: January 29, 2018, 10:25:56 PM »
As you noted, Bucky was outscored by 22 points in the last 10 minutes at home.  I will never again underestimate how much Bucky can suck.

Gotta stop playing those RPI killers.... ;D

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #410 on: January 29, 2018, 11:18:17 PM »
This is getting to the point where I'd actually like them to win 2-3 more games

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #411 on: January 30, 2018, 05:13:43 AM »
Nebraska is putting together a very odd high major resume. They could finish 14-4 in the Big 10 with one win over a tournament team. Will a 45 RPI be good enough with a 103 SOS and very little substance on the resume?

Maryland is in a similar boat. The numbers will look good but there's not much behind them. It'll be really interesting to see what happens with the Big 10 bubble teams.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #412 on: January 30, 2018, 05:27:25 AM »
29 days until this miserable Bucky season is over.  Then Barry can give Gard a vote of confidence and a week laterHapp announces he is Grad transferring.

Sure you dont mean GARD transferring?

:P

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #413 on: January 30, 2018, 05:37:56 AM »

Your detailed knowledge of autonomous cars impressed me. This is wasted intellectual energy. Wisconsin Badger basketball is heretofore irrelevant.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #414 on: January 30, 2018, 07:53:29 AM »
Badgers currently tied for 10th. 11-14 play on Feb 28. Join the movement!

#BadgersToMarch1

Mu2323

• Starter
« Reply #415 on: January 30, 2018, 08:01:19 AM »
In all the Badgers talk i find it funny that with how bad they are they only have 5 more losses than we do. Does that say something about the state of our program?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #416 on: January 30, 2018, 08:06:55 AM »
In all the Badgers talk i find it funny that with how bad they are they only have 5 more losses than we do. Does that say something about the state of our program?

No.

82-63 at the Kohl Hole says something about the state of our respective programs.

Our trend UP, their trend DOWN says something about the state of our respective programs.

Top Wisconsin recruits consistently choosing MU over UW says something about the state of our respective programs.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #417 on: January 30, 2018, 08:12:29 AM »

Five more losses is 63% more than we have.

And I can't believe you said "only 5 more losses"  on a board where many treat a single defeat, even against a top 10 team, as the death of the program.
Have some patience, FFS.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #418 on: January 30, 2018, 08:14:33 AM »
Five more losses is 63% more than we have.

And I can't believe you said "only 5 more losses"  on a board where many treat a single defeat, even against a top 10 team, as the death of the program.

Bingo!

Mu2323

• Starter
« Reply #419 on: January 30, 2018, 08:23:57 AM »
I understand all of it im just tired of everyone settling for mediocrity. Everyone always expects us to lose to Xavier, Villanova, Butler, Seton Hall. When the hell do we finally turn the corner. I remember when we have james, Mcneal and matthews. We would go in anywhere and expect to win. Uconn, Louiville, Syracuse all top 15 teams it never mattered we would come out with a win. I just want the program to get back to where its expected we make the tournament and at least the 2nd round.

My point about the losses is that we have 8 already to wisconsins 13. 8 losses is alot to have at this point of the season doesn't matter if we played xavier x 2 or villanova x 2 the fact is we ALWAYS lose the big games. And to say that Wisconsin is so much worse is quite a stretch.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #420 on: January 30, 2018, 08:27:04 AM »
I understand all of it im just tired of everyone settling for mediocrity. Everyone always expects us to lose to Xavier, Villanova, Butler, Seton Hall. When the hell do we finally turn the corner. I remember when we have james, Mcneal and matthews. We would go in anywhere and expect to win. Uconn, Louiville, Syracuse all top 15 teams it never mattered we would come out with a win. I just want the program to get back to where its expected we make the tournament and at least the 2nd round.

My point about the losses is that we have 8 already to wisconsins 13. 8 losses is alot to have at this point of the season doesn't matter if we played xavier x 2 or villanova x 2 the fact is we ALWAYS lose the big games. And to say that Wisconsin is so much worse is quite a stretch.
See January 24 of last year.  Or the fact that we went 3-1 against X and Nova last year.  You can't always beat good teams, that's why they're called good teams

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #421 on: January 30, 2018, 08:27:34 AM »

We literally beat the #1 team in the country just over a year ago.

Anyway, if you can't see how the future is bright, I don't know what to tell you.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #422 on: January 30, 2018, 08:34:25 AM »

We literally beat the #1 team in the country just over a year ago.

Anyway, if you can't see how the future is bright, I don't know what to tell you.

And blew Hall out less than a month ago.

source?

• All American
« Reply #423 on: January 30, 2018, 08:35:24 AM »

You are remembering selectively. We had poor records against Syracuse and Louisville when they were in the Big East.

Mu2323

• Starter
« Reply #424 on: January 30, 2018, 08:40:14 AM »
I know the future is bright but its been a few years and im ready for a tourny run. I still belive this team can get to the second weekend of the tournament IF we stay off the 8/9 seed line. The way we shoot the 3 we can beat anyone. Our D is always the reason we lose. I fully understand that next years team is going to be the best team we have had since out elite 8 run. I am looking forward to the future its just been a painful journey.