[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: It only gets worse for Bucky  (Read 138952 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: It only gets worse for Bucky
« Reply #200 on: January 11, 2018, 09:54:44 AM »
What's he doing now?

My understanding he's in sales of some sort.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2018, 10:31:37 AM »
Huh?  What's the timeframe for someone who has "maintained?"  Seems like he's maintained at UVA just fine to me.

Timeframe for patience is directly related to the rationality of the fanbase.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2018, 10:46:17 AM »
My understanding he's in sales of some sort.

I am actually amazed that the vast majority of former athletes from high-major revenue sports programs aren't in sales of some sort.

I blow off 99% of the sales people that try to get an appointment with me.  But if I ever got a call from a person who said, "This is Juan Anderson, and I'd like to talk to you about your photocopying needs", I'd probably meet with him.
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2018, 10:51:25 AM »
I am actually amazed that the vast majority of former athletes from high-major revenue sports programs aren't in sales of some sort.

I blow off 99% of the sales people that try to get an appointment with me.  But if I ever got a call from a person who said, "This is Juan Anderson, and I'd like to talk to you about your photocopying needs", I'd probably meet with him.

I got a call (a referral!!) from a former semi-decent NFL player who was pitching a financial product that was no doubt a complete dud.  He must have said his name five times.  I did not meet with him.  He got real incredulous. He didn't come out and say "do you know who I am?", but he definitely implied it. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #204 on: January 11, 2018, 12:56:56 PM »

One of my old coworkers about 7-8 years ago was from Monroe, LA.  Dad played football at LSU, he played baseball at Ole Miss.  I was joking about the Bama QB at the time not getting drafted.  His response was great...

"Who cares, he's from SEC country.  He needs to open a car dealership, doesn't need to know crap about cars, but just toss a picture up with his name and shaking hands with Nicky Saban and he'll be making more than he would be holding a clipboard in no time."

And he has a point.  You are a standout player at UGA/Bama/Auburn/etc... set up shop nearby in cars, insurance, brokerage, etc...  and you're set.  Its remarkable.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #205 on: January 16, 2018, 05:40:17 PM »
What they are smoking in Buckyville, i.e., actual quotes (and not teal) from their board:

"First, I think we're all missing an opportunity to see Happ evolve as a Ryan Evans' type point guard next season."

"I think they have enough right now and see no reason they can't be a top 10 team next year"
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #206 on: January 16, 2018, 06:24:21 PM »
Purdue 23 Wisconsin 4 at the 10 minute mark of the first half.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #207 on: January 16, 2018, 06:30:47 PM »
Purdue 23 Wisconsin 4 at the 10 minute mark of the first half.

Can go from Happ grad transferring to Kobe King transferring at getting 4 years of eligibility?

27 to 8 with less than 7 to go in the first half.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #208 on: January 16, 2018, 06:38:32 PM »
What they are smoking in Buckyville, i.e., actual quotes (and not teal) from their board:

"First, I think we're all missing an opportunity to see Happ evolve as a Ryan Evans' type point guard next season."

"I think they have enough right now and see no reason they can't be a top 10 team next year"

I knew things would be bad this season (like middle of the pack Big 10/ bubble team bad), but I never dreamed they would be this bad, this soon!  I felt Gard would be given a pass for this season, and fired after next, but I no longer see Barry waiting until 2019 to act.  I hope they keep him around as long as possible.  Even when MU had a couple lean years, we had hope.  There is nothing in the pipeline to be excited  about.  HS recruits should run from that dumpster fire.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #209 on: January 16, 2018, 06:55:35 PM »
Top ten team?  They have this entire bunch coming back next year and NO incoming recruits.

I think 94Warrior is right.  Gard gets a pass after this year, but if something similar happens next year, he is gone.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2018, 07:00:16 PM »
Top ten team?  They have this entire bunch coming back next year and NO incoming recruits.

I think 94Warrior is right.  Gard gets a pass after this year, but if something similar happens next year, he is gone.
yes but they say if they had their 2 injured players they would have won all these games

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2018, 07:30:00 PM »
The Rodents are pathetic.   Watching Purdue dominate them, shows they only have one Division I player.  They just have no talent.  Gard better recruit or he is history.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2018, 07:50:07 PM »
The Rodents are pathetic.   Watching Purdue dominate them, shows they only have one Division I player.  They just have no talent.  Gard better recruit or he is history.

tbh if I was a uw-madison fan, I'd be concerned about the lack of development and/or trust in some guys that I thought should have been making a bigger mark this year... (including Alex I.)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2018, 08:11:32 PM »
Purdue 78 UW 50. 7 turnovers each for Davison and Happ.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2018, 08:13:32 PM »
How much longer until this stops being funny?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2018, 08:15:59 PM »
We know from trollfair that Purdue will NOT be celebrating drubbing a bottom feeder at home.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 08:22:16 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2018, 08:20:04 PM »

108 years...

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2018, 08:21:47 PM »

Never. Wisconsin could lose every game for the next ten years and I would still enjoy each one.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2018, 08:25:33 PM »
Stop being funny for Bucky fans or MU fans???   As an MU fan, I will enjoy this for as long as possible.  The UW Final 4 yrs were hard.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2018, 08:31:47 PM »
One of my old coworkers about 7-8 years ago was from Monroe, LA.  Dad played football at LSU, he played baseball at Ole Miss.  I was joking about the Bama QB at the time not getting drafted.  His response was great...

"Who cares, he's from SEC country.  He needs to open a car dealership, doesn't need to know crap about cars, but just toss a picture up with his name and shaking hands with Nicky Saban and he'll be making more than he would be holding a clipboard in no time."

And he has a point.  You are a standout player at UGA/Bama/Auburn/etc... set up shop nearby in cars, insurance, brokerage, etc...  and you're set.  Its remarkable.
Heath Schuler was a classic example.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2018, 08:36:45 PM »
The UW Final 4 yrs were hard.
Mostly because after catching lightning in a bottle with Kaminsky, UW fans decided they were Duke, Kansas, and Kentucky rolled into one and forever would be.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #221 on: January 16, 2018, 08:53:16 PM »
Purdue 78 UW 50. 7 turnovers each for Davison and Happ.

When I saw the spread was Purdue -14 at Home,  I had a little extra left in bovada, now I have a little more extra 8-)👍👍👍
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #222 on: January 16, 2018, 09:23:43 PM »
Mostly because after catching lightning in a bottle with Kaminsky, UW fans decided they were Duke, Kansas, and Kentucky rolled into one and forever would be.

Bro get outta here with that garbage.  Don't you know they don't do rental players?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #223 on: January 16, 2018, 09:33:29 PM »
Bro get outta here with that garbage.  Don't you know they don't do rental players?
Ah, good point.  They were the Morally Superior Duke, Kansas, Kentucky rolled into one.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #224 on: January 16, 2018, 09:53:27 PM »

Until the sun burns out....

feedback