[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:22:34 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Millennials are unnatural carnal knowledgeed  (Read 10521 times)

jesmu84

• All American

forgetful

• All American
Re: Millennials are unnatural carnal knowledgeed
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 12:38:39 PM »
http://highline.huffingtonpost.com/articles/en/poor-millennials

Read this the other day.  Very well done article...and yes Millennials are unnatural carnal knowledgeed.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 12:58:48 PM »
"This is what it feels like to be young now. Not only are we screwed, but we have to listen to lectures about our laziness and our participation trophies from the people who screwed us."

Same things were said 20, 40 and 60 years ago.  This isn't new.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 01:42:09 PM »
Not to worry, government will save you. 

Rolfcopter. 

Yeah right.  Don’t expect any help from Gen X... once were in charge, then the millennials will know what f’d really is.

Somebody’s got to clean this place up eventually. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 02:01:52 PM »
What is different about us as individuals compared to previous generations is minor. What is different about the world around us is profound. Salaries have stagnated and entire sectors have cratered

The late 70's- early 80's were the good old days! 20% prime rates, no business closures or unemployment existed...

“I’m 25 and I’m still in the same place I was when I earned minimum wage.” Four days a week she works at a dental office, Fridays she nannies, weekends she babysits. And still she couldn’t keep up with her rent, car lease and student loans.

Car lease? What ever happened to driving an old junker until you can actually afford a new car?  ?-(
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 02:05:17 PM by Waldo Jeffers »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 02:11:51 PM »
The tax reform is going to change the prospects of the millenials for the better. Wage earners keep more of their earnings and job prospects are much better as companies have more resources to build their businesses. Millenials need to embrace old fashioned  work ethic and they will exceed all prior generations.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 02:29:18 PM »
The tax reform is going to change the prospects of the millenials for the better. Wage earners keep more of their earnings and job prospects are much better as companies have more resources to build their businesses. Millenials need to embrace old fashioned  work ethic and they will exceed all prior generations.

L O unnatural carnal knowledgeing L

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 02:35:52 PM »
Yes, the tax bill is going to poop unicorns and gold bricks.  Well, at least if your estate is > $12M.  You know, like the struggling millennials in the article.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 02:41:37 PM »
Sigh!!!

I first read a version of this in 1981 as a Freshman at MU.  I've never stopped reading it since.

If you gave me two choices,

* plow all your money in the stock market (say a broad-based index)
* all in cash

The more irresponsible thing is all cash.

This is why I have said in the investing threads that my "neutral or do nothing position" is an S&P 500 ETF.  So yes, I missed the big rise in Apple (50%+), but that money is still up 22% because that is what the market is up.  Conversely, the two years I have panned Disney as a bad investment, yes it is up 9% in the last two years, but my doing nothing position is up 36% over the same period.

So, yes your correct, those that believe this and are afraid to invest or embrace risk are F-ed.  I stopped believing this garbage 30+ years ago and it is the single best thing I have done (career/financial wise).

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 02:43:19 PM »
Yes, the tax bill is going to poop unicorns and gold bricks.  Well, at least if your estate is > $12M.  You know, like the struggling millennials in the article.
1. Standard Deduction increased materially
2. Rates lowered
This means you take home more money. More money means more demand.

Corporations have more dollars to invest in productive activities to meet increased demand . These investment will increase employment. This comes at time when corporations are already having a hard time finding good people. So wages will go up.

If you take the time to study the deal it benefits everyone.

---Al McGuire

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 02:49:17 PM »
Corporations are going to have more money to give to the CEOs and hide in overseas bank accounts.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 02:52:24 PM »
Corporations are going to have more money to give to the CEOs and hide in overseas bank accounts.
The tax reform is actually enabling the corporations to bring the money back from overseas. Stockholders of corporations are already benefiting from the tax cuts, which means anyone who has a 401k or pension plan has benefitted from the anticipation of the corporate tax cut.   
            ---Al McGuire

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 03:22:37 PM »
The tax reform is actually enabling the corporations to bring the money back from overseas.

Which they did last time....only to raise dividends and conduct stock by backs.

Supply side economics is bullsh*t.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 03:30:00 PM »
The tax reform is actually enabling the corporations to bring the money back from overseas. Stockholders of corporations are already benefiting from the tax cuts, which means anyone who has a 401k or pension plan has benefitted from the anticipation of the corporate tax cut.

Cough cough ....

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/how-would-companies-deploy-repatriated-cash-under-tax-bill-1513429201

Also, less than half of Americans have any stake in the stock market  and 80 percent of the stock value is owned by the top 10 percent of wealthiest Americans.
So, yeah, this is jus the rich getting richer.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2017, 03:31:10 PM »
Which they did last time....only to raise dividends and conduct stock by backs.

Supply side economics is bullsh*t.
Raising Dividends and Stock buy backs benefit everyone. Public Employees who have have defined benefit pension plans , which very few people in the private sector have any more, benefit the most from the increased dividends which support higher stock prices. The higher stock prices enhance the value of the assets in the pension plans and the ultimate ability of the pension plans to honor the obligations. People with 401 K who have direct title to their assets benefit directly from this.

I find it fascinating that an educated person like yourself is willing to cast aside all the facts and just submit to a purely emotional analysis, that is based in jealously and envy of those who are successful.

I worked my way up from the bottom and understand what it takes to meet a payroll. I don't think you have a clue.
            ---Al McGuire

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2017, 03:38:53 PM »
Raising Dividends and Stock buy backs benefit everyone. Public Employees who have have defined benefit pension plans , which very few people in the private sector have any more, benefit the most from the increased dividends which support higher stock prices. The higher stock prices enhance the value of the assets in the pension plans and the ultimate ability of the pension plans to honor the obligations. People with 401 K who have direct title to their assets benefit directly from this.

I find it fascinating that an educated person like yourself is willing to cast aside all the facts and just submit to a purely emotional analysis, that is based in jealously and envy of those who are successful.

I worked my way up from the bottom and understand what it takes to meet a payroll. I don't think you have a clue.

I am perfectly aware of the facts.  Increasing income inequality throughout history has been poor for society.  This is what supply side economics largely causes.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 04:14:31 PM by Sultan of Kookiness »

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2017, 03:46:52 PM »
"Many white millennials have an iceberg of accumulated wealth from their parents and grandparents that they can draw on for help with tuition, rent or a place to stay during an unpaid internship."

The absolute number of white people living in poverty (~25 million) is more than all other ethnic groups in the U.S. combined (~18 million).  A lot more white people are in trouble than any other racial group.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2017, 04:18:27 PM »
Sigh!!!

I first read a version of this in 1981 as a Freshman at MU.  I've never stopped reading it since.

If you gave me two choices,

* plow all your money in the stock market (say a broad-based index)
* all in cash

The more irresponsible thing is all cash.

This is why I have said in the investing threads that my "neutral or do nothing position" is an S&P 500 ETF.  So yes, I missed the big rise in Apple (50%+), but that money is still up 22% because that is what the market is up.  Conversely, the two years I have panned Disney as a bad investment, yes it is up 9% in the last two years, but my doing nothing position is up 36% over the same period.

So, yes your correct, those that believe this and are afraid to invest or embrace risk are F-ed.  I stopped believing this garbage 30+ years ago and it is the single best thing I have done (career/financial wise).

What if you can't afford to buy stocks/invest because you're too busy trying to make ends meet?

No doubt smart investing increases your wealth. Not everyone can do that. So...

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2017, 04:26:30 PM »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2017, 04:30:52 PM »
Interesting thread so far.

I'd be interested to know, of those who have responded, who is a millenial and who isn't?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2017, 04:33:12 PM »

I am perfectly aware of the facts.  Increasing income inequality throughout history has been poor for society.  This is what supply side economics largely causes.
We live in a capitalistic society, by definition there is going to be differences in income. For example I am on call 24/7/365 and have significant responsibility for the welfare of the people who work in our company.  I have taken on risk in doing that and am compensated accordingly.

The wealth and standard of all living in society has increased materially over time.   The current period is one not unlike the days of the industrial revolution. There were people then who were displaced by things like the cotton gin etc, just as people are displaced today. However, once these technology based  transitions occur all boats are lifted.

Today there is unlimited potential for someone who can read , write and communicate properly. Those who have mastered skills using the latest technology are in a strong position to do well.

Real world example, with the corporate tax cut, we are going to invest in several new facilities in communities in need of good paying jobs. We will generate about 200 brand new jobs with a good future for those employees with  these investments. 
            ---Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2017, 05:04:20 PM »
"This is what it feels like to be young now. Not only are we screwed, but we have to listen to lectures about our laziness and our participation trophies from the people who screwed us."

Same things were said 20, 40 and 60 years ago.  This isn't new.

This. They are different than we were, but they will be fine.

When we had unions, there were always jobs that payed a livable wage. I didn't go right to college out of HS because I wasn't expected to. There were plenty of jobs where I could make a decent living and start raising a family. Once we started seeing the destruction of the unions, I knew the time had come to go to school and, obviously it paid off.

Now, society has determined that only the richest among us deserve more. The pendulum will swing back soon.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2017, 05:31:11 PM »

HI I'm a young person. Could you explain to me about how my taxes being raised 300% will save me money?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2017, 05:39:21 PM »
HI I'm a young person. Could you explain to me about how my taxes being raised 300% will save me money?
Your taxes are not being raised 300 percent. You are going to be paying less taxes.
            ---Al McGuire

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2017, 05:43:21 PM »
Your taxes are not being raised 300 percent. You are going to be paying less taxes.

But the taxes for graduate student tuition credits are being raised. Which will raise my taxes by 300 percent. So how?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2017, 05:44:23 PM »
We live in a capitalistic society, by definition there is going to be differences in income. For example I am on call 24/7/365 and have significant responsibility for the welfare of the people who work in our company.  I have taken on risk in doing that and am compensated accordingly.

The wealth and standard of all living in society has increased materially over time.   The current period is one not unlike the days of the industrial revolution. There were people then who were displaced by things like the cotton gin etc, just as people are displaced today. However, once these technology based  transitions occur all boats are lifted.

Today there is unlimited potential for someone who can read , write and communicate properly. Those who have mastered skills using the latest technology are in a strong position to do well.

Real world example, with the corporate tax cut, we are going to invest in several new facilities in communities in need of good paying jobs. We will generate about 200 brand new jobs with a good future for those employees with  these investments. 

Thanks for the pablum.

I am not against income inequality.  I am against extreme inequality.  In much of the world's history, societies with large income inequality have failed.  Supply side economics is just another example of that.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2017, 05:51:51 PM »
But the taxes for graduate student tuition credits are being raised. Which will raise my taxes by 300 percent. So how?
The final bill eliminated that provision. Your standard deduction has been raised and therefore you will actually be receiving a tax cut.  The withholding changes will be put in place in February so you should begin to see some of that money in that pay period.
            ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2017, 05:54:05 PM »

Orr ta hire unemployed, recent college grads, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2017, 06:11:56 PM »
The final bill eliminated that provision. Your standard deduction has been raised and therefore you will actually be receiving a tax cut.  The withholding changes will be put in place in February so you should begin to see some of that money in that pay period.

Rowsey, I am surprised you weren't following this closer seeing as you had such a vested interest.  Stop spreading #fakenews.  :)
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2017, 06:20:05 PM »
This article just came across my twitter feed.  Not completely related, but makes some good points about wage stagnation and its impact on quality of life.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/05/my-secret-shame/476415/?utm_source=atlfb

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2017, 06:25:39 PM »

Orr ta hire unemployed, recent college grads, ai na?

I'll believe it when I see it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2017, 06:27:06 PM »
Two different subjects in this thread: millennials and taxes.

TAXES:

I personally think that billionaires already were in pretty good shape, but if our elected officials firmly believe that the richest among us (a group that includes all the legislators voting for this legislation, our president and the big-money lobbyists) need to keep hundreds of millions more of their money each year, there's not much the rest of us can do about it. Even if poll after poll after poll shows that Americans are decidedly against the Tax Cuts For Billionaires & Big Donors Plan.

I actually believe I am going to come out a little ahead on this, but I know and like lots of people who will not.

For one thing, the new law all but guarantees that health-care costs will accelerate at an even faster pace, and those suffering the most will be the middle class.

Without the mandate but with pre-existing conditions still being covered, healthy people will wait until they get sick or injured to buy health insurance. That will make the overall pool of "customers" older and sicker. Insurers will have no choice but to raise the price of their services even more to cover the significant shortfall.

Many lower-income folks will still benefit from subsidies - until those are shytecanned, too. And of course the rich don't care because they got their taxes significantly reduced and have plenty of money to pay for their designer health care.

It's those who make a little too much to get subsidies who will suffer - especially self-employed people and employees of small companies, folks who must buy their own insurance.

This considerably more expensive health insurance will easily eat away any meager tax savings.

MILLENNIALS:

I am the father of two of them. One already is a huge success, financial and otherwise. The other is struggling more financially, but he has a good life and I think he'll end up OK; he's back in school and doing well there.

I do think Millennials face some obstacles that previous generations didn't. Mostly, it being largely a service economy now, unions are practically dead, and the majority of states are run by people who don't give a rat's rump about them.

However, I also agree with others that every generation faces obstacles. I graduated Marquette in the middle of a huge recession and jobs were scarce across the board. It's always something.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2017, 06:36:22 PM »
We've had economic growth for ~6 years now (not perfect, not every indicator, coming out of a major recession, etc......but undeniable growth).  Wouldn't this be the perfect time to directly address the debt?  not theoretically address it, not hope corporations expand payrolls, not add to the debt.  Some companies will absolutely increase payroll, but anyone that has ever worked for a large/fortune X company knows that every decision is made for efficiency, quarterly reports, and the board. 

No knock on corporate america at all, it's how i made my $ and why i can do what i want now.  but the thought that a tax break will go to hiring people who will add to the tax base is very much theoretical (and actually laughable from what i've experienced).

Also, anyone who bags on a younger generation is showing one of the top 2 signs of being out of touch.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2017, 06:38:09 PM »
The debt will never be addressed. 

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2017, 06:45:01 PM »
Agree, but do we really don't need to proliferate it for little reason

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2017, 06:48:36 PM »
Eh, if it's never going to be addressed, might as well keep spending.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2017, 07:15:50 PM »

Thanks for the pablum.

I am not against income inequality.  I am against extreme inequality.  In much of the world's history, societies with large income inequality have failed.  Supply side economics is just another example of that.
There is no such thing as extreme inequality in the United States. This is all an obfuscation made to blur what in fact has been a massive wealth transfer to public employees. The public employee pension plans and compensations are on a never ending spiraling up. In order to support those who are on the public dole politicians and their accomplices in the liberal media have made up this notion that the wealthy are getting away with murder and not paying their fair share. There is no poverty in this country, there is only extreme cases of mental illness that create poverty like conditions. Anyone who wants to work can and those who are truly disabled are taken care of cradle to grave. Most of the truly elite wealth have set up massive foundations to deal with the big picture problems of the world at larges such as famine, drinking water or back in the day Andrew Carnegie set up the library system.

Here is the reality, for example the teachers were I live make a median salary of $120,000  work 9 months have lifetime health and medical and cannot be fired once they have tenure after 3 years. They can retire with pay that approximates their final salary. That is an enormous gain of wealth for not having taken any risk.  I was on the school board for many years and we calculate that each employee that was granted tenure was in effect be given a $3.5 million life endowment.

By contrast , when I went to my company it was virtually bankrupt, I put together a plan to save it , invested my life savings and worked round the clock with no guarantees of success and the constant threat of litigation, banks who were looking to squeeze the life blood out of the company etc. I sacrificed having a tony high end life style for the benefit of making the company work.   We ended up saving 1,000 jobs, never fired a soul and every one made out well.  Why is the government entitled to tax all that effort that I and our team created? To pay a bunch of greedy public employees who are only thinking about what they are going to do on the summer off and who rail against success?
            ---Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2017, 07:25:17 PM »
The Milkennials are the most educated generation in the history of Earth. They will be fine. Form a start-up in your mom’s basement, write off your parental rent, have a board meeting on vacation in Mexico, take advantage of your lower tax corporate tax rate. Put people to work. You will figure it out but use your smarts as you will be the most influential generation in history.

Consumer spending hasn’t grown in any month in ten years versus the historical average. Not one. It is unparalleled. The financial markets with the government bail outs have grown this economy. 70% of the US economy is driven by the consumer sector, however. Think about that.

Politics aside, this is what this tax cut is trying to reverse. To grow the consumer sector at a faster rate...bring back higher paying middle class jobs...and yes, to increase interest rates so the Fed can get all the 2008 bail out paper off their books.

As to the government debt, the hated Boomers are paying that off via SS surplus contributions. When they need it, it won’t be there for most.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2017, 07:50:14 PM »

Here is the reality, for example the teachers were I live make a median salary of $120,000  work 9 months have lifetime health and medical and cannot be fired once they have tenure after 3 years. They can retire with pay that approximates their final salary. That is an enormous gain of wealth for not having taken any risk.  I was on the school board for many years and we calculate that each employee that was granted tenure was in effect be given a $3.5 million life endowment.

You simply are not telling the truth. Try harder!

The median annual salary for high school teachers was $57,200 in 2015. The best-paid 10 percent in the field made approximately $91,190, while the bottom 10 percent made $37,800. The HIGHEST paid teachers were in Nassau, New York - at $101,950.

I can only assume you live in another country and know little about what happens here.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2017, 08:10:17 PM »

The median annual salary for high school teachers was $57,200 in 2015. The best-paid 10 percent in the field made approximately $91,190, while the bottom 10 percent made $37,800. The HIGHEST paid teachers were in Nassau, New York - at $101,950.

I can only assume you live in another country and know little about what happens here.
Like I said I was on the school board and in our county the numbers were $120,000 median. We have state laws that require annual raises .  No one ever leaves a teaching job where we live because the pay and benefits are excellent. For many years the teachers did not have to contribute to their health care at all. Even today their contribution rates are far lower than the private sector.   So we have a very old teaching force, with  some making over $160,000 per year. Some are worth twice the price but others are not. The unfortunate thing is we had no choice as we could not get rid of the leakers.
            ---Al McGuire

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2017, 08:22:57 PM »

Maybe he lives in Park Ridge Illinois?

The average salary for the Maine Township (Park Ridge) school district is $111,103/yr
https://rebootillinois.com/2017/01/12/illinois-school-districts-average-teacher-salaries-2016/

And of the 482 teachers employed by Illinois High School District 207 (47%) make more than $125,000/yr.

https://www.maine207.org/UserFiles/Servers/Server_743341/File/Community/Public_Act_97-0256_Administrator_and_Teacher_Salary_and_Benefits_Report_1617.pdf

Unless you think Park Ridge is a foreign country? 

How much do you understand about (grossly overpaid) teacher salaries?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 08:26:48 PM by Yukon Cornelius »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2017, 08:28:29 PM »

The average salary for the Maine Township (Park Ridge) school district is $111,103/yr
https://rebootillinois.com/2017/01/12/illinois-school-districts-average-teacher-salaries-2016/

And of the 482 teachers employed by Illinois High School District 207 (47%) make more than $125,000/yr.

https://www.maine207.org/UserFiles/Servers/Server_743341/File/Community/Public_Act_97-0256_Administrator_and_Teacher_Salary_and_Benefits_Report_1617.pdf

Only selfish morons think teachers are overpaid.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2017, 08:35:34 PM »

Only selfish morons think teachers are overpaid.

And he we go with the left-wing condensation ... two types of people on Scoop, those that agree with Sultan's unstable left-wing views and those that are "Selfish Morons" that must be screamed into submission.  Because that's how Sultan deals with those that disagree with him, screams at them until they go away.

Mods, this thread is done, lock it up.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 08:47:16 PM by Yukon Cornelius »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2017, 08:42:03 PM »

And he we go with the left-wing condensation ... two pf people on Scoop, those that agree with Sultan's unstable left-wing views and those that are "Selfish Morons" that must be screamed into submission.  Because that's how Sultan deals with those that disagree with him, screams at them until they go away.

Mods, this thread is done, lock it up.

No I'm just tired of right wing bullsh*t that's been shown to be wrong again and again.  And people like you spout it likes it gospel.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2017, 08:48:01 PM »
Meshuggah, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2017, 08:48:56 PM »

No I'm just tired of right wing bullsh*t that's been shown to be wrong again and again.  And people like you spout it likes it gospel.

^^^ ban dis guy

Political insults. Sad!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2017, 08:51:11 PM »

That would be an opinion I hold, that teachers are overpaid, not a fact.

And that’s exactly my point, you cannot stand opinions that disagree with you, refuse to enrage, and insult and insult until you scare off the offending opinion or the mods lock the thread.

You’re the biggest reason threads get locked and you’re well on your way to locking this one.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2017, 08:53:04 PM »
^^^ ban dis guy

Political insults. Sad!

The fact that you aren't lobbying to ban Herman, who brought politics into this topic in the first place, shows your bias.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2017, 08:56:19 PM »
That would be an opinion I hold, that teachers are overpaid, not a fact.

And that’s exactly my point, you cannot stand opinions that disagree with you, refuse to enrage, and insult and insult until you scare off the offending opinion or the mods lock the thread.

You’re the biggest reason threads get locked and you’re well on your way to locking this one.

I didn't bring politics into this topic, but if they are going to be brought up, I am going to be on record.

Your opinion is stupid, selfish and destructive to society.  And I'm being generous.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2017, 08:58:00 PM »
That’s it man, I’m ringin’ up goose. Wee gonna cee hoos got da longest stream now, hey?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:00:31 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2017, 08:59:57 PM »
The fact that you aren't lobbying to ban Herman, who brought politics into this topic in the first place, shows your bias.

Again he brought opinions you do not disagree with, not politics.  I do not see him insulting anyone.  And in fact, when Jockey insulted him (most of his posts are insults, it reflects poorly on the mods that he is still here), Cain calmly responded with facts and reason.  Sorry, you don't like what he says, but he is not wrong.  Opinions cannot be wrong.

Anytime you insult, it is a version of Godwin's Law, it means you lost the argument.  You seem to lose a lot around here.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2017, 09:01:03 PM »

I didn't bring politics into this topic, but if they are going to be brought up, I am going to be on record.

Your opinion is stupid, selfish and destructive to society.  And I'm being generous.

Insult, insult, insult ... that's all you have when people disagree with you.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2017, 09:01:44 PM »
Score one for Yukie man, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2017, 09:03:06 PM »
Wee gotta shut dem pinko commies up, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2017, 09:08:10 PM »
Again he brought opinions you do not disagree with, not politics.  I do not see him insulting anyone.  And in fact, when Jockey insulted him (most of his posts are insults, it reflects poorly on the mods that he is still here), Cain calmly responded with facts and reason.  Sorry, you don't like what he says, but he is not wrong.  Opinions cannot be wrong.

Anytime you insult, it is a version of Godwin's Law, it means you lost the argument.  You seem to lose a lot around here.

I'm hardly losing it.  Your opinion is indeed wrong and based on faulty logic.

In fact, I think most right wing philosophy is causing the destruction of the American society.  People blame millennials?  Hardly.  It is the libertarian, Ayn Randesque bullsh*t that is the major problem in society. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2017, 09:09:45 PM »
Hoo new, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2017, 09:16:39 PM »

In fact, I think most right wing philosophy is causing the destruction of the American society.  People blame millennials?  Hardly.  It is the libertarian, Ayn Randesque bullsh*t that is the major problem in society.

Plenty of issues on both sides of the aisle.

Wocky and Topper on vacation, eh?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2017, 09:25:47 PM »

The fact that you are socialist is not surprising, been very apparent in your posts.

Why don't you define  ...

"right wing philosophy"
   "libertarian"
    "Ayn Randesque bullsh*t"

And given those definitions, why don't you explain how they are causing "destruction of the American society."

Hint ... explain it not insult your way through a post.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2017, 09:33:30 PM »
The fact that you are socialist is not surprising, been very apparent in your posts.

Why don't you define  ...

"right wing philosophy"
   "libertarian"
    "Ayn Randesque bullsh*t"

And given those definitions, why don't you explain how they are causing "destruction of the American society."

Hint ... explain it not insult your way through a post.

LOL, define it yourself.  I don't owe you anything.

And I most definitely am NOT a socialist.  Labels are for the weak-minded.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2017, 09:35:46 PM »
Holy chit man. Wee got us a hairy wet one, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2017, 10:00:15 PM »

Or in Libertyville, where it is $101,000. That's common throughout Chicago's North Shore.

And, they retire at 55 if they have 30 years of service.

I'm all for paying teachers well, especially if their performance justifies it. But the early retirement of quality teachers is a joke and the reason why Illinois has a $250 billion public employee  pension shortfall.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2017, 10:00:29 PM »

And I most definitely am NOT a socialist.  Labels are for the weak-minded.

Had to end the post with an insult ... just cannot help yourself, can you.

Ok, you don't like labels, they are for the weak-minded."  Then why do you use them so much?

"selfish morons"
   "right wing philosophy"
   "libertarian"
    "Ayn Randesque bullsh*t"

You just want to scream at me until I go away.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2017, 10:11:25 PM »
Or in Libertyville, where it is $101,000. That's common throughout Chicago's North Shore.

And, they retire at 55 if they have 30 years of service.

I'm all for paying teachers well, especially if their performance justifies it. But the early retirement of quality teachers is a joke and the reason why Illinois has a $250 billion public employee  pension shortfall.

I'll make the teacher pay thing really simple ...

When Jack Welch ran GE, they used employee evaluations.  And, each year, the bottom 10% were fired and a new 10% was brought in.  That is how he earned his nickname "Neutron Jack."

So, pay the Park Ridge/Libertyville teachers anything you want.  Pay 47% above $125k/yr.  BUT ... put together an object teacher evaluation and you have to let go of the bottom 10% every year.  That is 48 of the 482 Park Ridge teachers have to be fired every year.  You can bring in 48 new teachers, but the bottom 10% has to go. 

In the real world, if you cannot stay in the top 90%, you're gone.  If 90% of the class has higher test scores than you, you fail.  So this hardly an unrealistic demand.  It is the demand that everyone else adheres too.

The problem is not they are overpaid, a good teacher is worth $125k/yr.  The problem is you can never fire them and the highest pay goes to seniority, not merit.  The good teacher is not the highest paid, the oldest is.  This is not close to being the same thing.

That is why the system is hopelessly broken and until it is fixed, teachers are grossly overpaid.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 10:14:35 PM by Yukon Cornelius »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2017, 10:16:05 PM »
Had to end the post with an insult ... just cannot help yourself, can you.

Ok, you don't like labels, they are for the weak-minded."  Then why do you use them so much?

"selfish morons"
   "right wing philosophy"
   "libertarian"
    "Ayn Randesque bullsh*t"

You just want to scream at me until I go away.

Mine are accurate. Yours are not.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2017, 10:19:39 PM »
I'll make the teacher pay thing really simple ...

When Jack Welch ran GE, they used employee evaluations.  And, each year, the bottom 10% were fired and a new 10% was brought in.  That is how he earned his nickname "Neutron Jack."

So, pay the Park Ridge/Libertyville teachers anything you want.  Pay 47% above $125k/yr.  BUT ... put together an object teacher evaluation and you have to let go of the bottom 10% every year.  That is 48 of the 482 Park Ridge teachers have to be fired every year.  You can bring in 48 new teachers, but the bottom 10% has to go. 

In the real world, if you cannot stay in the top 90%, you're gone.  If 90% of the class has higher test scores than you, you fail.  So this hardly an unrealistic demand.  It is the demand that everyone else adheres too.

The problem is not they are overpaid, a good teacher is worth $125k/yr.  The problem is you can never fire them and the highest pay goes to seniority, not merit.  The good teacher is not the highest paid, the oldest is.  This is not close to being the same thing.

That is why the system is hopelessly broken and until it is fixed, teachers are grossly overpaid.

Jack Welch is the patron saint of corporate bullsh*t, which is anti-American, anti-Christian and immoral.

Keep felating him. It’s what you do best.

HansMoleman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2017, 10:20:40 PM »

Well, he got you there Yukon.  You definitely lost this debate.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2017, 10:34:11 PM »
Well, he got you there Yukon.  You definitely lost this debate.

You think I’m debating?  Lol.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2017, 10:35:54 PM »

Again with the “opinion is wrong.”

At least you did insult... progress

Jack Welch is the patron saint of corporate bullsh*t, which is anti-American, anti-Christian and immoral.

Keep felating him. It’s what you do best.

And the insult free posts lasted one ... and you’re back to it.

You’re diverting from the issue of getting rid of bad teachers.  How would you do it?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2017, 10:38:14 PM »
Fire them.

And you’d think you’d realize by now that I don’t care if you think I’m insulting you. I’m not politely debating. I am bluntly asserting the truth.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2017, 10:54:00 PM »
“No one can receive anything except what is given him from heaven.”

It would be best if we could remember that at this time of year. Especially when speaking with the Pharisees among us.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2017, 10:55:29 PM »

Labels are for the weak-minded.

All you've done in this entire thread is insult and label. By your own definition  you are weak-minded.